Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

The Future of Monster Hunter in the West!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: The Future of Monster Hunter in the West!   Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:16 pm

There have been several who have questioned Capcom in brining the MH series to Nintendo and straying far from the Sony systems... But there are several things I would like to point out and get your thoughs on...

#1. It is no secret that Sony/Capcom have been having their issues in the past few years. Capcom has pretty much outed Sony as being the direct reason for no western localization of MHp3rd.

#2. Sony is releasing "Soul Sacrafice" on the Vita as a direct competater to the MH series and the game it's self is a creation and a production of a known rical of Capcom, Keiji Inafune.

#3. Nintendo, has been open in it's policy as of late to try and get many games to be "world wide releases" and not just exclusive to spacific regions.. Though in some cases such as Xenoblade, The Last Story and so on, this has taken time they have been succesful.

#4. Nintendo has offered many monitarial and other insentives to help Capcom and to intice them in bringing the MH series to Nintendo. Nintendo has also appeared to be very supportive with the MH series in it's advertising with Tri (taking it over in several regions), and using it's own servers to reduce Capcoms cost.

#5. Though the 3DS version of MHU/3G is a bit delaged over what Japan got the WiiU MHU was announced at the same time for all regions and will be released basically around the same time in all regions (December for Japan, March for US/EU). I do not believe there has "EVER" been any other MH game released in the West so close to the same release date as it was in Japan on any of the Sony consoles?

Regardless of system however the main thing is support... The MH series seems (At this point) to be gaining and being giving more support than it ever has in the west. I am not sure if it's due to timing or the system it is now being released on but in the bast several weeks we have heard likely news of a movie and have even seen more possitive support from Capcom then I think we have ever seen. If this continues and this does lead to a higher popularity of the Monster Hunter series in the west could this lead to less waiting periods on game release dates for other MH games (MH4 for instance)? Other merchandise such as figures, and the card games?

What are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Monster Hunter in the West!   Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:13 pm

all i can say is woo mh4 and figures i like nintendo better anyway Yes by vort and im happy that capcom is finally kicking it into gear about mh
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Monster Hunter in the West!   Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:42 pm

If the future of Capcom is Nintendo then I'm happy.
Back to top Go down
Vajra
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Monster Hunter in the West!   Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:11 pm

cupcake has no problem with the future as all is well
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Monster Hunter in the West!   Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:21 pm

Guys! I've just come back from the year 2018, where all Monster Hunter games are exclusive to the Dreamcast 2!
Back to top Go down
Rowiehz
Melynx

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Monster Hunter in the West!   Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:53 am

I personally like to think that if Capcom decides to go to the Nintendo side from now on, that we'll actually get a lot more of MH games. I don't know, but it seems like Nintendo mostly doesn't have such a big issue with releasing not so famous titles in the west? Okay, so there are quite a few exceptions. But I've often had so much problems with Sony/Playstation barely releasing the Japanese games I wanted -coughTalesofcough- So eventually I just stopped hoping for that franchise since importing can be very... Ugh /no/

I'm so glad that they announced two MH games for the west, might be the same game for two different consoles, but still! I see the future of MH here a bit brighter now and don't worry too much about Monster Hunter 4 getting a localization. Of course, it's always handy to keep in mind that it's possible that they dont. But still, my hope has been replenished.

Besides, the MH community is growing rather quickly if you ask me. The requests to localize the games are becoming more and more with each game. Too bad my friends are all too Call of Duty obsessed to even care to try it out. Putting effort into killing something is too much too handle for most of them :l...

Last edited by Rowiehz on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rowiehz.tumblr.com/
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Monster Hunter in the West!   Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:26 am

Shin Zelkami wrote:
Guys! I've just come back from the year 2018, where all Monster Hunter games are exclusive to the Dreamcast 2!

I made the joke a while back about it being announced for the Atari 2600..

To Rowiehz:

It is a bit of a task but in my area few had ever even heard of MH before me... Now there is a pretty good community of players and the stores had to request additional copies of tri (used of course) from other areas.

A few of the GS' around here once MHU was announced even asked me about it. We will be trying to set up some local 3DS meet up days for it and they may let me adverstise the Forum in several of the stores to offer information to new players once it gets closer to the release date...

So there are ways to get people interested in Monster Hunter.. you just have to work at it..
Back to top Go down
Rowiehz
Melynx

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Monster Hunter in the West!   Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:31 pm

@dcj91x wrote:

To Rowiehz:

It is a bit of a task but in my area few had ever even heard of MH before me... Now there is a pretty good community of players and the stores had to request additional copies of tri (used of course) from other areas.

A few of the GS' around here once MHU was announced even asked me about it. We will be trying to set up some local 3DS meet up days for it and they may let me adverstise the Forum in several of the stores to offer information to new players once it gets closer to the release date...

So there are ways to get people interested in Monster Hunter.. you just have to work at it..

It's not like I'm not working on it. Actually I'm already trying to get my friends interested by letting them try it out. Who knows how many times I've borrowed Tri to friends. They show interest when they see me play, but all of them came back with pretty much the same response: That it takes too much time and effort to progress and that they can't get used to the gameplay.

I assume they mean forging weapons from Monster materials and not getting the ones they need in the end. I guess that just gets them down? Another reason I've heard that the gameplay was just downright awful? Pff. So in the end I stopped letting people borrow my MH games since I only get back negative responses.

Another thing to mention is that my province has to be less gamer-populated one in my entire country (which isn't big at all) And if they are, they only really have interest for the games who have the biggest hype. It's really rare to see people online on Tri who are Dutch as well. And in the past year, I haven't seen one.

I did manage to get a few online friends interested in it though and it became one of their most loved game series now. So not all hope is lost c:

But I'd do anything to have a real life MH friend group -weep-

Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Monster Hunter in the West!   Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:43 pm

I'm sure you are doing your best and props for that.. just keep at it.. everything takes time.. After the Movie comes out.. who knows!
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Monster Hunter in the West!   Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:11 pm

Lool... I wouldn't rely on the movie to cause serious fandom-itis over the MH series.

On Topic: Capcom gets to work with a company that is willing to release its games & the Wii/DS system get recognized for some more Fanfared Hardcover gaming titled ( comparing MH to some of Nintendo's more recognizable series )

I'd say its a win for capcom
a win for Nintendo
and a win for the fans
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Monster Hunter in the West!   Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:54 pm

Maybe if it goes this way, then we will end getting most of MH merchandise... but that will be only for the gamers. In Japan people may even buy something blindly if its a figure or cards, but in the west is not the same, not everyone is going to a store and buy only cards, figures and a burger.
About Nintendo, Sony and Capcom: Nintendo is surely the company who supports more the localization of most games... as a long as they are not scandalous in the west, you know, Japan has weird games everywhere *coughdokimajocough*. With Nintendo's help then MH will be known by most people in the west... and I'm hoping to get at least the TCG.
Movie: Nooooooot looking foward to it. I may go and watch it but it may be not that great.
Btw, almost no people in my country who have a 3DS will get MH. Most of the 3DS owners in here are kids who use DS emulators and not 3DS original games. Its to dangerous to go outside with a console so I can't get streetpass and there isn't a game store who would organize any event. So, I'm sticking to solo and online only... yeah.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Monster Hunter in the West!   Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:12 pm

May have misunderstood. But Most of the forum members with 3DS' are adults. And most are long time MH fans at that. In fact, look at most of the 3DS commercials and a lot of the current and upcoming 3DS games. The commercials are almost all adults with no children in them and aside from the actual Nintendo branded games most of the 3DS are either all ages or older teen/mature related.

The rest is too bad to hear hear about your area.

Now, back on subject:

Most videogame popularities depend on media and marketing. Just a few weeks ago they were talking about how monster hunter isn't popular in the west and not too many people here even care about it. Now if you look up news articles they rave about how popular the series is here and how ever one should try it and should be excited if a movie gets made. Big difference in a short time. Same way people were with the 3DS and so many other things.

Let's hope though that for a while... A long while people think for themselves and see how good MH really is.
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 281

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Monster Hunter in the West!   Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:19 am

Just the fact that MH3U is one of the best launch window titles coming out will mean it will grow in popularity very fast

and keiji making a monster hunter rival? That's gonna be good.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
Rowiehz
Melynx

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Monster Hunter in the West!   Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:09 am

I gotta stay with my previous opinion about the MH movie, I don't actually think it'll be that good. Considering it's made by the same people who made the Resident Evil movies?

And is there any word yet that it will even be released over here? Otherwise it wont do a good job in attracting the attention in the west at all >:
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Monster Hunter in the West!   Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:20 am

Well, it would be a US movie as he is a US Hollywood director.. So it would be released in the US and usually most of his movies do get released in Europe as well. So it think if he does end up making the MH movie I am pretty sure it will be released here don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Randomhunter
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : -1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Monster Hunter in the West!   Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:35 pm

Cant say for sure wether it will be great or flop..this game is a very devided type of game. i really hope they do some sort of advert for MH3U to get the word out there...ANYTHING! even a few poster would be nice...
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Monster Hunter in the West!   Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:54 pm

@Randomhunter wrote:
Cant say for sure wether it will be great or flop..this game is a very devided type of game. i really hope they do some sort of advert for MH3U to get the word out there...ANYTHING! even a few poster would be nice...

all they need is the return of the Viking-guy on the commercials to appear again. XD

when you get MY DAD, at 52 years of age to love a series he's never heard of (especially when he only plays space invaders once every decacycle ),
yeah you found a golden ticket of a spokesperson
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Monster Hunter in the West!   Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:45 pm

@Otoshimo wrote:
@Randomhunter wrote:

all they need is the return of the Viking-guy on the commercials to appear again. XD

when you get MY DAD, at 52 years of age to love a series he's never heard of (especially when he only plays space invaders once every decacycle ),
yeah you found a golden ticket of a spokesperson

Ironbeard FTW
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Monster Hunter in the West!   Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:46 pm

XD Ironbeard, that's what he's known as?

well, I believe I found my Halloween costum/Cosplay for A-Cen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Monster Hunter in the West!   Today at 7:31 pm

Back to top Go down

The Future of Monster Hunter in the West!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1