Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
A new PS3? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
A new PS3? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A new PS3?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

A new PS3? Empty
PostA new PS3?

Let me start by saying.. Ok, the PS3 has some good games and is a good system, and this might have been well worth getting say... a year or two ago and I understand that Sony is releasing it to "try" and take sales away from the WiiU... But lets face it, the only people who will get it are the ones who weren't going to get a WiiU in the first place...

OK... Jumping ahead of myself.. Let me explain...

Sony had announced for this holiday season.. "No, not more support or a price cut for the Vita or spending their money to get that nasty it suddenly setting on fire thing fixed." Sony has announced a new.. even slimmer PS3!
That will still cost as much as a Vita or the new WiiU...

Yup.. you heard me.. They will have 2 supper slim PS3 modles released this holiday season Black and a white modle... (Wait? Where have we heard that?)
And here's the thing they will cost $269.99 for the one with less memory (250gb) and $299.99 for the higher memory capacity one (500gb).

Now... it does come with some extras, games and such but there will also be a few things missing due to it's smaller size....

But I do have bad news for those of you in the EU who want one (It will be released there but) well read the article and find out:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielnyegriffiths/2012/09/19/sony-announces-new-ps3-models/

So what do you all think, will this affect the WiiU sales any at all? Should Sony have focused on the Vita instead of trying to push the older PS3 system even with a shiny new case? Will the Coyote ever get the Roadrunner?
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

A new PS3? :: Comments

Ultimate Jaggi
Re: A new PS3?
Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:29 pm by Ultimate Jaggi
dcj91x wrote:

Will the Coyote ever get the Roadrunner?

Hell no.
On-topic: I don't believe this will affect the wii u in any way. The only people who will buy this are the ones that either don't have any of the current gen systems (and haven't heard about the wii U). Or those who are really that stupid and buy it, knowing the wii u is around the same price.
Ares
Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:18 pm by Ares
Sounds like a desperate attempt to keep nintendo away, but a silly thing to do. Really, the only people who would need this is people who didn't have money before, and people who are sony fanboys.
Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:02 pm by Guest
too expensive for a 6 year old system, if i wanted one i would buy the cheapest model
Otoshimo
Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:39 am by Otoshimo
Ok I play on my friends PS3 often for a plethora of games, I've been wanting one for afew years now. I'd buy the new PS3, or even a used one at that now that I can save up for one with my own money

...If it wasn't for the WiiU. I grew up with a PS1 & a Nintendo 64, and I've always favored with the nintendo products 1st.

with that in mind that I'm not the only one with that mindset, I don't see a quick sony-scam affecting the WiiU at all. Especially with some of the launch titles.
Lalo
Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:15 pm by Lalo
I dont see how this could affect the WiiU.
the new PS3 is just a PS3, same games

Its not like we went crazy when the wii slim came out
Andrew.
Post Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:14 pm by Andrew.
It looks like a grill...

Personally I think this was a silly decision on Sony's behalf, rather than attempting to upgrade a 6 year system they should really just release their new gen console.
Otoshimo
Post Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:59 pm by Otoshimo
Andrew. wrote:
It looks like a grill...

Personally I think this was a silly decision on Sony's behalf, rather than attempting to upgrade a 6 year system they should really just release their new gen console.

which they probably going to do...

once the WiiU gets enough acclimation and profit that Sony's like " lets even up the deck!"
and ripp of the control pad, like they did with the wiimote, and name it the "PS Function", "PS Pad-Pro", or some crap...
Jader7777
Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:49 am by Jader7777
PS3 is currently the worst console eveeeerrrrr. It's the most expensive with the least amount of games (ie: games worth even playing)

Remember the PS2? Yeah! That's what the PS3 ain't.

Last Guardian is never coming out- Never!!

*weeps softly*
Alice
Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:20 am by Alice
No way will a PS3 slim hurt sales for the WiiU. It's an out of date console pairing against a next gen console. This is just Sony's attempt to bring something to the PS3 for the holidays since the Playstation franchise is the only thing keeping them up. I'm more then sure they know they aren't gonna compete with the WiiU but if I had to pull something out my ass I would think it's to compete with Surface by Microsoft? Idk, it just seems stupid if Sony even began to think they could match the WiiU with a "Slimmer" version of already slim PS3.
Jader7777
Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:35 am by Jader7777
Plus Nintendo have pretty much won Japan with double console release of Monster Hunter. Unless Sony releases something decent it's going to bomb out, heck even the 360 has Monster Hunter on it these days.
Spiritlord
Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:25 pm by Spiritlord
If this ancient machine takes sales away from the WiiU, then I shall find whoever decided to make it and personally cut their throat. Honest.

On a slightly less threatening note, I don't see any good reason for this to exist. It's just a PS3, no? I don't care if its thinner - that does not make it a new console, and certainly doesn't make it worth buying. It does not play new games and neither does it have any amazing new systems or functions, so it is just another PS3 for the infuriating Sony fanboys to enthuse about.
Otoshimo
Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:31 pm by Otoshimo
Spiritlord wrote:
If this ancient machine takes sales away from the WiiU, then I shall find whoever decided to make it and personally cut their throat. Honest.

On a slightly less threatening note, I don't see any good reason for this to exist. It's just a PS3, no? I don't care if its thinner - that does not make it a new console, and certainly doesn't make it worth buying. It does not play new games and neither does it have any amazing new systems or functions, so it is just another PS3 for the infuriating Sony fanboys to enthuse about.

That's the point, theres no logical reason for it to exist. It exist, however, to male a profit off of a already existing product with the least amount of modifications made. Sony uses a minimal cost to produce the PS slim and charge X percent over it's production cost to add more content into the market.

basically what you would call a "half-ass" production
Will
Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:55 pm by Will
Spiritlord wrote:

It's good for people who haven't gotten a PS3 yet because it gives them the option of a much thinner one, but yeah it is pretty stupid.
dcj91x
Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:30 pm by dcj91x
Actually this is the 2nd version tof the "thin" ps3 released. This one just has less built in options. Which... Should lower the cost but apparently the threw in a game and made it the same price anyways.
CrystalPower
Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:45 am by CrystalPower
Here in the UK, most of our Game stores and various websites have either run out or are running out of pre-orders.
So in all honesty, a new, smaller PS3 really isn't going to effect the WiiU at all.

(And yes, I read the article about the Europe launch before commenting)
Alice
Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:18 am by Alice
Well I got the new PS3 and it is different, I got the 500GB AC3 bundle for $300. That's only $50 more than the 160 model. The top of the PS3 slides open and the power/eject buttons are on the front of the PS3 not on the top side. It's worth the money if you don't already have a PS3, but as I said before no way will it take sales away from WiiU the mere thought of that is pretty silly. Next Gen vs Current Gen, hmm...tough choice there
Post  by Sponsored content

A new PS3?

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Things we do when not hunting :: Passing the time when not on MH :: Non-MH Games and Gaming-
Jump to: