Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

Suggestions for fast and efficient progression through Ultimate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jader7777
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Suggestions for fast and efficient progression through Ultimate   Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:35 am

First topic message reminder :

So what's the best way to approach the game, say if you wanted to grind quickly to a high Hunter Rank?

What's a good low rank set and what sort of quest should you be focusing to get the most gear/money.

I've always been half hearted my focus and I usually end up with unfinished sets and dumb weapon choices.

I guess upgrading the farm to max is the first thing you should aim for right?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Emilette
Melynx

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for fast and efficient progression through Ultimate   Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Monster Hunter is like a fine wine. You must let it age a bit first, then air it out before each serving. Every drop should be appreciated, and whatever you do don't spoil it before you can share it.

I.e., avoid the launch day crowds, come back in 1~2 weeks to not have to worry about mauling death mobs.(unless it's starting on sale and you'll miss it, in which case bum rush the store.) Whenever you load it up, make sure to go through your items and gear carefully, and do a practice hunt or two. Finally, don't rush your way to the top of the gear ladder, but enjoy the climb with comrades and friends who you can count on to either be fun or be hilarious to play with.
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for fast and efficient progression through Ultimate   Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:47 am

I was going to play with everyone here but am I now predicting quest failures.

Sad by vort Sad by vort Sad by vort

"What are you doing?! Help me slay it!"

"Relax, we've got plenty of-"

*OUT OF TIME*

- Back in the lobby -

"You weren't quick enough!!"

"Obviously you don't know how to appreciate Monster Hunter."
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for fast and efficient progression through Ultimate   Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:14 am

There is a difference between wanting to play ALL of the game, instead of rushing for the final part, and deliberately failing quests. I'll kill monsters as best as i can, but i don't mind fighting it once or twice again to get the armour, instead of rushing ahead in the key quests. It's probably going to be possible to skip certain monsters (as in tri), while still going ahead in the main line of progress (iirc, you could skip either uragaan or agnaktor offline. Probably diablos too). But aren't you just robbing enjoyment off yourself like that?

If the endgame is really all you care about, go ahead and skip all the rest, but i think that most of us don't neccessarily enjoy it any more or less than the earlier parts. As for me, the high rank of tri's online felt a bit less exciting than low rank, more of a routine.
Back to top Go down
aninymouse
Jaggi

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for fast and efficient progression through Ultimate   Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:49 am

@Win32error wrote:
There is a difference between wanting to play ALL of the game, instead of rushing for the final part, and deliberately failing quests. I'll kill monsters as best as i can, but i don't mind fighting it once or twice again to get the armour, instead of rushing ahead in the key quests. It's probably going to be possible to skip certain monsters (as in tri), while still going ahead in the main line of progress (iirc, you could skip either uragaan or agnaktor offline. Probably diablos too). But aren't you just robbing enjoyment off yourself like that?

If the endgame is really all you care about, go ahead and skip all the rest, but i think that most of us don't neccessarily enjoy it any more or less than the earlier parts. As for me, the high rank of tri's online felt a bit less exciting than low rank, more of a routine.

Agreed, deliberately failing for fun annoys me to no end. Sometimes you blow large amounts of cash on equipment and wasting that quest fee really hurts! No one wants to have to quit online to go back to the farm for more cash...

As fas as high rank vs. low rank online... for me it was the exact opposite. The first time you go through low rank online you're probably only going to have about two full sets of armor, which is invariably going to leave you at a severe disadvantage to at least a few monsters. You are going to die a lot, too.

Plus, hey, high rank gives you better materials for better equipment. Can't argue with that!
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for fast and efficient progression through Ultimate   Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:47 am

*Fires the ReRail gun* Get a good set, stick with it, and use a good raw weapon. Works for most cases.

Off topic: I'm gonna play it like MHFU: Have some sets, loads of weapons (at least 1 per type) and adapt to each monster, whereas in Tri I generally stuck with my Rathian set. Grinding for materials is somehow annoying for me in Tri.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for fast and efficient progression through Ultimate   Today at 2:13 pm

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for fast and efficient progression through Ultimate
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2