Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
dat old switcharoo Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
dat old switcharoo Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

dat old switcharoo

Go down 
+11
Randomhunter
Anonymin
Win32error
Yuki
Emilette
It's meh
Jader7777
aninymouse
haruno
dcj91x
Edsain
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Edsain
Melynx
Edsain

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 7:14 pm

this gen of mh games has had a thing called events that occur every day periodically or in this case by download. so far so good. but heres the catch, instead of the cool things u get in events in japan, we get boring stuff. for example i wud prefer having a tessaiga from inuyasha (actually quite famous in my country) than a triangular (kinda) blade with a blue circle that i dont think is even a reference to anything. and i think they (you know who) are gonna do the same thing again. who would trade sgt. gero mask for something else? are u with me or do u prefer otherwise
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 8:46 pm

I'm not really understanding what you are getting at. As Japan did not get the Sinister Saint switch axe and the west did and in MH Tri it was one of the most worked on and thought out event quest weapons in the games. But before people start arguing to much let me explain a few things.

Lots of the event quests weapons in MH in Japan work like product placements do in movies. In the US when an MH game gets released the "product" isn't being marketed or paid to Capcom to be sold here so a different item is put in its place. Sometimes Capcom actually puts quite a bit of thought into this as they did with the Saints and tries to provide the west with a suitable and high quality alternative with equal stats.

You have to think of it like this, a clearly American or European company (even though a few Japanese may like it) would not pay a video game company extra to market it there. It just wouldn't make any sense.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:10 am

dcj91x wrote:
I'm not really understanding what you are getting at. As Japan did not get the Sinister Saint switch axe and the west did and in MH Tri it was one of the most worked on and thought out event quest weapons in the games. But before people start arguing to much let me explain a few things.

Lots of the event quests weapons in MH in Japan work like product placements do in movies. In the US when an MH game gets released the "product" isn't being marketed or paid to Capcom to be sold here so a different item is put in its place. Sometimes Capcom actually puts quite a bit of thought into this as they did with the Saints and tries to provide the west with a suitable and high quality alternative with equal stats.

You have to think of it like this, a clearly American or European company (even though a few Japanese may like it) would not pay a video game company extra to market it there. It just wouldn't make any sense.
sinister saints was a fanmade weapon just fyi. :X
Back to top Go down
aninymouse
Jaggi
aninymouse

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 1:40 am

Event weapons are pretty cool, but ultimately I don't care if I miss out on random anime references. Inuyasha? Sgt. Frog? Who cares?

That new gold n' black switch axe that was made for Damascus armor is definitely a beauty, but if we don't get it for some reason I'm not gonna feel cheated. Like dcj said, they'll give us something else comparable.

Sure, the Pirate J switch axe was cool, but Sinister Saints was definitely cooler, imo.
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:21 am

I'd rather Monster Hunter have it's own style and originality. It comes across as childish and silly to insert random objects from various other media into the game. I mean imagine what would happen if they did product placement?

"Can I have a mega potion?"

"A what?"

"A mega potion."

"Do you mean a Pepsi?"
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:41 am

Jader7777 wrote:
I'd rather Monster Hunter have it's own style and originality. It comes across as childish and silly to insert random objects from various other media into the game. I mean imagine what would happen if they did product placement?

"Can I have a mega potion?"

"A what?"

"A mega potion."

"Do you mean a Pepsi?"
Ancient potion = Dr,Pepper.
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:47 am

More like Burnt Steaks = Dr. Pepper.
Back to top Go down
Emilette
Melynx
Emilette

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:04 am

Coke would totally be Herbal Medicine.

I kinda preferred the Western event weapons, though I haven't the foggiest why Rising Soul was just a reskin of the awesome black Lightning Works. I mean, seriously the Japanese one was badass.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 8:59 am

haruno wrote:
dcj91x wrote:

sinister saints was a fanmade weapon just fyi. :X

Yes, you are correct. They made a few changes to the submitted entry though.

There are a few fan made event weapons in MH actually. As well as the product placement's I spoke about.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:13 pm

Jader7777 wrote:
More like Burnt Steaks = Dr. Pepper.
Oh no you didn't!

Rage by sipax
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:50 pm

Dr. Pepper was created in Waco, Texas in the 1880's by Charles Alderton... (I think it was the human alas name of Altereon.) Dr. Pepper was originally created as a Panacea... "The Perfect Panacea" or a cure all drink...

For many Years Dr Pepper (they latter dropped the . after the Dr because they thought it didn't look good) was sold in Green glass bottles that looked much like this:

Spoiler:

or something like that...
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:53 pm

Lol dcj x.x you have a very active imagination
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:12 pm

^ no, the doctor gave me medication for that its already cleared up.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:14 pm

What kind of doctor? XD
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:19 pm

Dr. Pepper

;)

Bet ya didn't see that one coming?
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:22 pm

Lolol I should have. To me Dr. Pepper is like being buffed for attack defense and stamina when using a gourmet voucher XD
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:51 pm

dcj91x wrote:
Dr. Pepper was created in Waco, Texas in the 1880's by Charles Alderton... (I think it was the human alas name of Altereon.) Dr. Pepper was originally created as a Panacea... "The Perfect Panacea" or a cure all drink...

/Ancient potion.
:D
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:17 pm

It's meh wrote:
dcj91x wrote:

/Ancient potion.
:D

Who would ever get these two things mixed up?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:30 am

^They are both red and equally awesome D:
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:34 am

Yes... Yes I am.
Back to top Go down
Edsain
Melynx
Edsain

3DS friends code:

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:02 am

guess what, off topic much?
and i bet u (all) wouldnt like if they took away the chainsaw sword when they release this in the west for a drill katana (or wud you?) and yet u have only defended the saints whtever swith axe and dr peppers inception.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:11 am

It's not a sponsored weapon in japan though I really think you are missing the point here. Chainsaw weapons were already in the game going back to at least to mhf2. I would love to have them but pretty sure they are only contracted by capcom in japan. Be happy they put any effort in to giving a suitable replacement.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:20 am

Edsain wrote:
guess what, off topic much?
and i bet u (all) wouldnt like if they took away the chainsaw sword when they release this in the west for a drill katana (or wud you?) and yet u have only defended the saints whtever swith axe and dr peppers inception.

ONLY the event weapons differ per region. This has to with with legal reasons mostly, and because advertising a japan-based product in the west doesn't make much sense. Advertisement in games isn't quite as popular in the west compared to japan (unless your game is called Bionic commando). Also, MH is big in japan, so advertising actually has some effect, or at least companies hope it will have some. Should Capcom grow as important in the west as it is in japan, we might see companies try and get some advertisement into the game. Not very likely though.

Until then, Capcom will have to create new designs for all the event weapons. The fact that some were chosen by contest seems like a really nice touch to me.
Back to top Go down
Anonymin
Melynx
Anonymin

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS/WiiU

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:03 pm

Am I the only one who dislikes chainsaw longsword? I just feel it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the monster hunter lore. Maybe it's just me.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:14 pm

^Never caught my eye seems out of place. So no you are not the only one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

dat old switcharoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: dat old switcharoo   dat old switcharoo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dat old switcharoo
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii U :: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate-
Jump to: