Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
I herd yu liek moniez... - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
I herd yu liek moniez... - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I herd yu liek moniez...

Go down 
+9
Otoshimo
Jader7777
Emilette
Randomhunter
Yuki
dcj91x
anduin55
haruno
Ataraxia
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

I herd yu liek moniez... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: I herd yu liek moniez...   I herd yu liek moniez... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

I heard you liek moneez...
Alright so, we're all excited about MHU, and a few of us are wanting to get both the Wii U version and the 3DS version. That's fair enough, I do too, but what about dem pennies?

On release, the Wii U will have two packages available, Basic, and Premium.

Basic will be selling for $299, or £209.
Premium will be on for $349, or £251.

Already pretty pricey, but it's a next (next) gen console and it looks pretty cool so whatever.

Now, the 3DS. Many of us already have these, some at launch. However, the price was dropped later on, cause sales weren't up to scratch... or something. I wasn't really paying attention at the time. Also worthy of note, in America, retail price was fixed (as far as I'm aware), while in Europe, the retailers were allowed to choose the price.

So, at launch, the 3DS went for $249 in America, and the prices fluctuated from around £200 to £230 over here in the UK.

Later on however, after the price drop, the sum dropped to $169 in America, and to £130-£150 in the UK. Pretty hefty but probably called for, since I believe sales were boosted well after this.

Ok so now we're into guess work. I personally am assuming that MHU will hit the wallets for around £40-£50 in the UK, meaning (according to a currency convertor) around $65-$80. Couldn't really offer a suggestion about how the prices will change based on the system, but the difference if there is one would be around £10/$16.

SO. Let's do some maths. woot.

Assuming you're like me and don't have anything but want it all
$349/£251 + $169/£150 + ($80/£50*2) = $678/£501
(Premium + 3DS after price drop + both MHU versions)

Assuming you have a 3DS at launch and want everything else
$349/£251 + $249/£230 + ($80/£50*2) = $758/£581
(Premium + 3DS at full price + both MHU versions)

There you have it friends, the ugly truth. We are all sons and daughters of Tal- AHEM. I mean, yeah that's pretty damn pricey. Obviously that won't apply to everyone; those who only want the 3DS version but don't have one, those that want the 3DS version and do have one; those that only want the Wii U version etc etc.

Ow. My monies.
still liek 'em?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Rowiehz
Melynx
Rowiehz

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: I herd yu liek moniez...   I herd yu liek moniez... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:45 am

So poor, so insanely poor even though I have job that pays well. School sucks it all out of the wallet though together with the insurances. Sigh.

I'm never looking forward to the times when the new game consoles come out, it's so expensive and everyone is going crazy. Luckily I got my 3DS from my boyfriend, so I only have to focus about purchasing MH3 Ultimate next. I hope they keep making MH games for the 3DS (even though they already have MH4 for it) it would save so much money, but I highly doubt they will.

Sadly though, I'd love to have a WiiU for online play as well. However, judging by the prices mentioned I'll probably have to wait for an insane price drop... YEARS later xD

Back to top Go down
http://rowiehz.tumblr.com/
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: I herd yu liek moniez...   I herd yu liek moniez... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 12:49 pm

Rowiehz wrote:
So poor, so insanely poor even though I have job that pays well. School sucks it all out of the wallet though together with the insurances. Sigh.

I'm never looking forward to the times when the new game consoles come out, it's so expensive and everyone is going crazy. Luckily I got my 3DS from my boyfriend, so I only have to focus about purchasing MH3 Ultimate next. I hope they keep making MH games for the 3DS (even though they already have MH4 for it) it would save so much money, but I highly doubt they will.

Sadly though, I'd love to have a WiiU for online play as well. However, judging by the prices mentioned I'll probably have to wait for an insane price drop... YEARS later xD

I see no reason why capcom wouldn't release their future product on both the models ( Handheld/Console) of a newer and better partnership they have with nintendo versus sony. Already apparent with soon-to-be 3 titles already on the 3DS alone.
Mi fortune cookie reads
"The future of 3DS MH games on a 3DS looks bright, young'ns"
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: I herd yu liek moniez...   I herd yu liek moniez... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Good thing about the way they are handeling the WiiU/3DS is that if someone has the 3DS and not the WiiU game or the WiiU and not the 3DS game you can still go to there house and play with them...

In fact I am pretty excited about playing on the 3DS while a friend plays on the WiiU just to see how it looks and works. I mean imagin the differnts in looks and actually being able to compare it... Pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Edsain
Melynx
Edsain

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: I herd yu liek moniez...   I herd yu liek moniez... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 6:19 pm

in eu games for ds are 45//50 euros and the console about 165//169
Back to top Go down
Chriz
Rathian
Chriz

Thank you Points : 61

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: I herd yu liek moniez...   I herd yu liek moniez... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:53 am

Im so glad I got a job like a month ago. Doesn't pay very well but income is income. I think I'll be splitting the WiiU with my brother so that should make buying it more bareable. Definitely looking forward to MH3U and some of the other WiiU exclusives like that ZombieU game. Probably not going to get a 3DS though never been a fan of it and there aren't that many games I want to play on it.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: I herd yu liek moniez...   I herd yu liek moniez... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:07 pm

^ Just a suggestion, but if you have the WiiU and you or your brother has a 3DS and you have a copy of the game for both systems, you can play local multiplayer together. And if there are multiple save files on both systems like most MH games you can both transfer your characters back and forth so while one is playing online the other can be working on there weapons/armor offline on the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Chriz
Rathian
Chriz

Thank you Points : 61

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: I herd yu liek moniez...   I herd yu liek moniez... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:14 pm

True...true but honestly I don't want to spend 200 dollars on a 3DS just for one game but we'll see. Who knows maybe my little brother (not the one I'm splitting the WiiU with) will get a 3DS as he is a huge DS player.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I herd yu liek moniez...   I herd yu liek moniez... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:52 pm

^ ever consider a used DS? that's what I have now as my second one & I'm selling my original one to my friend when MHU rolls along. they're like $100 usually
Back to top Go down
aninymouse
Jaggi
aninymouse

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: I herd yu liek moniez...   I herd yu liek moniez... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:38 am

Otoshimo wrote:
^ ever consider a used DS? that's what I have now as my second one & I'm selling my original one to my friend when MHU rolls along. they're like $100 usually
QFE. I got a used, red 3DS today at Play & Trade for $140. Brand new. Love the place. I give them all my business, over Game Stop. I had a lot of store credit, too, so it cost me nothing out of pocket Yes by vort The used one didn't have the original charger, and so they gave me a new charger off the shelf for free. GREAT company.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I herd yu liek moniez...   I herd yu liek moniez... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:43 am

aninymouse wrote:
Otoshimo wrote:
QFE. I got a used, red 3DS today at Play & Trade for $140. Brand new. Love the place. I give them all my business, over Game Stop. I had a lot of store credit, too, so it cost me nothing out of pocket Yes by vort The used one didn't have the original charger, and so they gave me a new charger off the shelf for free. GREAT company.

That's pretty similar to what I did, I never pay full price for anything new. Hell release day I got My 3DS with DOA Dimensions for $20 outta pocket XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I herd yu liek moniez...   I herd yu liek moniez... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I herd yu liek moniez...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii U :: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate-
Jump to: