Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Uh...WTF just happened?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crystaelis
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Uh...WTF just happened?    Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:32 pm

Okay...finally beat the Training Hall Tigrex that was keeping me from having hopes of unlocking the hr6 Fatalis. SnS went horrible, Lance went pathetic, with the bow I survived for 27 minutes...somehow...but still failed. Saw a bunch of videos with people GS charging the head. Tried it myself. 5 minutes and 17 seconds. Yes, I aimed for the ******* head. Of course I got nearly killed on several occassions.

Seems like I gave the GS less credit than it deserved...and it's not the only weapon that has surprised me...

HR5 required Plesioth: Killed with DS. I was used to LS.

HR6 required Black Gravios: Several weeks of LS and DS, I killed it with LBG. Lots of pellet, crag and water shots used...

HR6 required Black Diablos: HBG. That shield was a blessing. Despite the lack of power juices.

HR7 required Plesioth: Gunlance. Mainly used wyvern fire and block attacks. Curse you vespiod.

And now this Tigrex event...I really don't know what to think. I believed that I could go through HR1 to HR9 with just LS...but, it doesn't seem like I'd be able to do it.

I'm not exactly looking for replies...just wanted to type this.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Uh...WTF just happened?    Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:24 am

Which Tigrex is it, Land of the Tremors? /no/
I managed to get by that with the Hunting Horn. I believe it's the most underrated weapon in all MHFU, the Bow taking second place and the Gunlance third.
It's things like this why I have all weapon types in my chest. It gets expensive, but it beats having to forge everything all over again...
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Crystaelis
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Uh...WTF just happened?    Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:46 am

With Land of Tremors, you can prepare for it, by bringing enough healing items for an army. I was talking about the Training Hall's solo Tigrex. To unlock the special training Rathalos. The one where you micro-manage the few potions you're given and the few you can gather (if possible...) at that flower.

Turns out that Tigrex was hiding Fatalis...and I've yet to beat the Training's special Rathalos and Rajang.

Unfortunately for me, I got a lot of new weapons to make, or at least plan to.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Uh...WTF just happened?    Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:20 pm

yeah I know what you mean, even though I played through the game nearly only using GS except for lao (hammer) and Shen Gaoren (HBG). doing training hall quests showed me how much fun some of the other weapons are. for example I never used BGs but after failing the narga training hall quest with nearly every weapon i managed doing it with the BG. The only weapontype I really can't cope with is the lance/gunlance, maybe I need just a little more practise but I really can't use them.
also using different weapontypes gives the game even more variety.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

Thank you Points : 30

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Uh...WTF just happened?    Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:34 pm

I very much agree on the points made above. First, about the Hunting Horn being underated, and second, about the varieties of weapons giving a completely new perspective and feel of the game.

I started playing this game with a friend using BG, and I was able to get pretty far. My roadblock was the dual tigrex in the Guild hall. I put the game down for a while, and when I restarted, I decided to go Hunting Horn. My jaw just dropped at the speed at which things went down. There were still things I could do better with a BG, but now there were other things that I could overkill with the Hunting Horn.

I started trying out many of the other weapons vs different monsters and quickly saw how much easier/harder they became depending on which ones you were using.

This is definately a game where there is huge replayability due to the weapons alone, and the training hall is a great place to find this out.

BTW, I learned about headlocking a tigrex from that training quest too. It is now one of my favorite things to do when I go on an ad-hoc group mission to kill him. The other players get really happy at the quick kills and I get a nice sense of joy and acomplishment every time /yes/
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Uh...WTF just happened?    Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:26 pm

@Crystaelis wrote:
With Land of Tremors, you can prepare for it, by bringing enough healing items for an army. I was talking about the Training Hall's solo Tigrex. To unlock the special training Rathalos. The one where you micro-manage the few potions you're given and the few you can gather (if possible...) at that flower.

Turns out that Tigrex was hiding Fatalis...and I've yet to beat the Training's special Rathalos and Rajang.

Unfortunately for me, I got a lot of new weapons to make, or at least plan to.

I know it's an old post, but for Los I used daimyo warbow, it's actually quite effective.

And I agree with seph, the training hall IS the perfect place, before I wouldn't DREAM of bowing a Rathalos, but after failing with other weapons, it was the only option, and I did it.

Same with Tigrex, again, as I sucked with the GS I wouldn't dream of killing Tigrex with it, but the thing is, out of ALL the weapons you're given, I was worst with the GS yet it's still the only thing I'm able to kill training Tigrex with (but with practice I could do it with the bow).

Hammering, never gave it a go UNTIL one-eyed Garuga, someone suggested I get the ceanataur head axe for it, got it, owned one-eyed Garuga with it, been amazing at hammering since.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uh...WTF just happened?    Today at 3:37 pm

Back to top Go down

Uh...WTF just happened?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Sony :: Playstation :: PSP/Vita (Western releases)-
Jump to: