Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Looking for one of three C-Rank Talismans - any ideas where I should look? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Looking for one of three C-Rank Talismans - any ideas where I should look? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Looking for one of three C-Rank Talismans - any ideas where I should look?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jake Johnson
Khezu

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Looking for one of three C-Rank Talismans - any ideas where I should look? Empty
PostSubject: Looking for one of three C-Rank Talismans - any ideas where I should look?   Looking for one of three C-Rank Talismans - any ideas where I should look? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 5:53 pm

And if you know exactly in which quest and area I should mine, please tell me!

The C-Rank Talismans I seek is any one of these three:

Paralysis +5
Stun +5
Sense +5 (I'd especially like Sense +5 - I could gem my Quru armor for the other five points.)
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

Looking for one of three C-Rank Talismans - any ideas where I should look? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for one of three C-Rank Talismans - any ideas where I should look?   Looking for one of three C-Rank Talismans - any ideas where I should look? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:12 pm

as far as I know, talismans are just luck, you cant never know the skilss you are going to get, if you want talismans the best place to found them are on the volcano and if you are playing online there are event quest where you get a lot.

gobul, HR+18
uragan HR+18
Deviljho HR+51

those are some that I can think of right now
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

Thank you Points : 46

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: Looking for one of three C-Rank Talismans - any ideas where I should look?   Looking for one of three C-Rank Talismans - any ideas where I should look? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:15 pm

The best quest to farm for talismans is the Roll The Uroktor quest, where you must kill 15 (low rank) or 20 (high rank) Uroktors in the Volcano.
The area you should be camping at area 5, as it continually respawns mining nodes. Be sure to use Leather or Leather+ for Devine Whim,Speed Gather, Gathering+2 and if you can gem in Heat Cancel Low, that help alot because area 5 needs only low heat cancel.
In Low Rank mining these nodes can give Mystery Charms and Rustshards.
In high rank mining these can give Timeworns and/or Ancientshards, so its worth doing either way if you got the patience to wait a few mins for respawn time.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u2509
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for one of three C-Rank Talismans - any ideas where I should look?   Looking for one of three C-Rank Talismans - any ideas where I should look? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 7:07 pm

Oh, charm farming. Good luck, as you're at the mercy of the RNG.

If others have been following Jake in his other threads, he doesn't have access to online or the Volcano areas yet. He's trying to gear up for the Gobul Urgent in offline mode (end of 3*).

Jake, you are looking for Mystery Charms. They can be mined offline, but only in the Tundra or Volcano. They also can be rewards for quests, and that's your only option at this time.

The Herbivore Egg Hunt quest is the best option. It is the only quest up to this point that has the charms in both the main quest rewards and in one of the subquest rewards, plus it has the best rewards chances as well. Unfortunately, the chances are still small at 6% in the main quest rewards and 6% in the subquest A rewards.

Once you get a Mystery Charm, it then gets identified. Mystery Charms only can have C skills. Sense, Paralysis, and Stun fall in this group, so they are available. There is about a 53% chance that the charm you get will have at least 5 points in a C skill (although a number of these talismans will also have negative points in another C skill). There are 27 C skills, so there is a 1/9 chance that one of the three skills you want shows up as the positive C skill.

Put all these probabilities together:
Chance of at least one charm from quest/subquest rewards = 25% (assumes no luck armor skill)
Chance of the charm having 5 or more points in a C skill = 53%
Chance that the positive C skill is in Sense, Paralysis, or Stun = 11%

Likelihood of getting the talisman desired from one run of Herbivore Eggs:
2%

Can't remember how long it takes to do a run of Herbivore Eggs, but it's not fast, even while wearing the Loc Lac armor set that gives the Pro Transporter skill for faster carrying. 20 min?
At 2% chances, probably looking at least 25 runs of Eggs to have slightly better than 50/50 odds at getting one of those talismans, or over 8 hours of playing time.
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Looking for one of three C-Rank Talismans - any ideas where I should look?   Looking for one of three C-Rank Talismans - any ideas where I should look? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 7:16 pm

Eight hours? Worth it.
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Looking for one of three C-Rank Talismans - any ideas where I should look?   Looking for one of three C-Rank Talismans - any ideas where I should look? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:05 pm

Run offline or online poached wyvern egg quest low rank (not the event). Row A and Subquest rewards A for each quest have 30% chance of being shining charmx2. It is faster than poached herbivore eggs, especially if you get lander, and you get far more charms. Not uncommon to get 6-8 shining charms at appraisal screen for a few minutes of egg carrying. Remember the transporter skill and to eat for lander.

If you want timeworns, Jhozilla is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for one of three C-Rank Talismans - any ideas where I should look?   Looking for one of three C-Rank Talismans - any ideas where I should look? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

@Navgoose: Jake isn't at that point in the game yet. He's only playing offline, and is at the end of 3*. Also, Shining Charms are skewed towards B skills though. Only 21% of Shining Charms will give C +5 or better for C skills. Shining Charms are better, though (since B skills are for the most part better than C skills), and that quest is the best offline choice. If he goes online, though, Mercy Mission, which is an HR0 Event that's currently available, gives a chance at Shining Charms and Mystery Charms, although the chances aren't documented anywhere I can find. That's certainly a faster quest than carrying eggs, especially in a team of 3 each tackling a different gathering task.

BTW: if anyone was interested in where I pulled the probabilities:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for one of three C-Rank Talismans - any ideas where I should look?   Looking for one of three C-Rank Talismans - any ideas where I should look? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for one of three C-Rank Talismans - any ideas where I should look?
Page 1 of 1