Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Flash Bomb Usage Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Flash Bomb Usage Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Flash Bomb Usage

Go down 
+5
Dar
AzzraNoctul
GobulHunterJames
Lalo
Atalanta
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Flash Bomb Usage Empty
PostSubject: Flash Bomb Usage   Flash Bomb Usage Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:08 pm

Hi all,

I've made a lot of Flash Bombs, but I'm loathe to use them (I'm frugal IRL as well). Since I hammer at least half the time, I dislike the unpredictability of movement of a Flashed monster (although most do seem to like the tailwhip move when Flashed, which is somewhat predictable). But other hunters use them, and I just find it frustrating rather than useful. This is especially true if the timing is off and the monster isn't flashed - meanwhile, I briefly lose sight of the monster, and BAM! I get hit.

That said, I have seen some good uses of Flash Bombs. The best example is flashing Diablos as he pops out of a Sonic Bomb trap or Pitfall Trap. When he's flashed properly, he subsequently crashes back to the ground, giving several seconds of free hits on his horns and tail. Currently, Diablos is the only monster I will bother to flash because I have this timing down pretty well. From what I've heard, that works on Bari, Los, and Ian, as well, when they pop out of a Pitfall. I did see once a limping Bari take flight to move from Area 2 to Area 6, and a hunter flashed him back to ground, where he was killed.

Any other good uses? I'm looking for uses beyond just putting the monster in a flashed state - uses like stopping a potential damaging move, or immobilization like the Diablos post Pitfall/Sonic trick. I looked for a guide and through forum posts, and can't find anything really comprehensive.

It'd be nice to see a list of monsters, when to use the Flash Bomb, and effect, such as:

Diablos
  • Throw flash when he's in the air, just after he's released from Sonic Bomb or Pitfall Trap.
  • Crashes to ground, immoblized for several seconds.
  • Works when enraged? Sonics don't, so the question is whether it works when an Enraged Diablos is released from a Pitfall.

Barioth
  • Throw flash when he's in the air, just after he's released from Pitfall Trap, or starts to fly to new area. Works in all areas? (not likely in the caves, since he faces the ledges).
  • Crashes to ground, immoblized for several seconds.
  • Works when enraged?

etc.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

Flash Bomb Usage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Bomb Usage   Flash Bomb Usage Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:20 pm

I really hate using my flashes (specially cuz I have just a few) but the only times I pack some are on blos quests (as you said before) bari and ala.

Why?

Diablos- pitfall/sonic flash
Barioth- everytime it limps away and starts flying you can get him down.
Ala- GET THE HELL DOWN!

(I might use them when racing just to inmobilize or get a flying monster on the ground, but those flash bugs are a pain to farm x_x)

EDIT- I have seen skilled hunters using them on agna whwnever he pops up the ground to fire its 360 beam/laser, this makes agna stop and it stuns him a few seconds before he gets out of the ground.
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

Flash Bomb Usage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Bomb Usage   Flash Bomb Usage Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 6:27 am

I use them to start Rathian Headlocks. :3
Back to top Go down
AzzraNoctul
Popo
AzzraNoctul

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Flash Bomb Usage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Bomb Usage   Flash Bomb Usage Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:04 am

I've flashed Peco out of a boss calling scream. Not the best use I know but I forgot sonic bombs this hunt. Flashed Peco a few times out of the air for a couple free hits.

Not sure if it's the best of use but I have flashed Jho a few times trying to stall him long enough for us to cap Peco.
Back to top Go down
Dar
Melynx
Dar

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Italy

Flash Bomb Usage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Bomb Usage   Flash Bomb Usage Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 11:52 am

Well i use flashhhh for get down ian or los, or for stop an attack... they are very useful /yes/
Back to top Go down
FWZ
Kelbi
FWZ

3DS friends code:

Flash Bomb Usage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Bomb Usage   Flash Bomb Usage Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 3:57 pm

As a gunner a flash bomb is my best friend.I dont care about the predictability of the monster movement since I am far away,I always have 5 flash bombs with me.
It can bring down pretty much any flying monster.except giggi off course.
My strategy has been for any flying monster pitfall trap,flash bomb wyvern fire to the face (as long as I am not interrupted by a blade master breaking my wyv fire charge) or follow with a para or sleep while the monster is still blind.

Barrioth: I would never flash bmb him since flash bombs will make him enraged immediately,then he'll combo everyone.....I hate barioth....
Agna:when flashed he cant go underground so that's very helpful,also can stop his rotating laser attack(tricky)
Lagia:is easy to flash also it can stop his thunder charge.
Ala:bring him down when he is flying ,very useful

All monsters:while they are eating other monsters.It prevents them from eating this is important since eating restore their health.I dont know how much but I remember seeing a video of a dude who use sa hack to display monsters hp.he was fighting rathian and it restored about 250 hp out of 1400 when eating.
Also to free a pinned down buddy ian,los,and jho
Also when in a crowded area like d island area6 its helpful to blind small monsters to not interrupt my aim,charge or other players charge
When fighting two monsters its good to blind one to make your hunt less chaotic

Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

Flash Bomb Usage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Bomb Usage   Flash Bomb Usage Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 7:58 am

For online trollin smoke bombs work too lol
Back to top Go down
Palas
Cephalos
Palas

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:

Flash Bomb Usage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Bomb Usage   Flash Bomb Usage Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 11:01 pm

Indeed, Flash Bombs sometimes end up with me getting hit. But there are nice ways to use it and not only to crash them down from the air.

Whenever a monster is knocked out or paralyzed, flash it at the end of the effect. It'll stay a couple more seconds doing nothing, which is useful.
Back to top Go down
CrystalPower
Melynx
CrystalPower

3DS friends code:

Flash Bomb Usage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Bomb Usage   Flash Bomb Usage Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 6:42 am

Personally, I find it useful when used against Lagiacrus during the underwater parts of the fight.
Firstly, during his huge electric surge; throw the bomb as he lifts up his head. It takes little practise to get the timing right.
Secondly, as he's about to spiral charge; throw the bomb as he's just about to charge. Again it takes little practise.

That's my best usage of Flash Bombs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flash Bomb Usage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Bomb Usage   Flash Bomb Usage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flash Bomb Usage
Page 1 of 1