Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter Tri's community. Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter Tri's community. Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter Tri's community.

Go down 
+6
Lalo
navgoose
Hanya
InstaCakes
It's meh
Yuki
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Monster Hunter Tri's community. Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter Tri's community.   Monster Hunter Tri's community. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 3:08 am

As we all know our servers shall soon be coming to a close meaning some of the community will be forced to stop playing for a while. My concern is when did we stop being a community we are so divided looking at my posts and some older posts we have been berating other members for not being up to our expectations. A lot of posts are about how stupid some players are and how they cause us to fail.

Weren't we all there at one point struggling with our Great Jaggi's Royal Ludoroth, and so on didn't we each have that one friend that helped us up when we were down that said it was okay we will get them next time.

I know I may be asking for the impossible but I feel we should all put our part to help the community a bit we were in their shoes once, and others in ours maybe being annoyed but helping out seeing the hidden potential in us.

Instead of just kicking them out or insulting them let's give them a chance let's try to lead by example for the future community in MH3U is a much nicer one even two or three years later. I would love to hear all your opinions.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri's community.   Monster Hunter Tri's community. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 4:39 am

Yuki wrote:
As we all know our servers shall soon be coming to a close meaning some of the community will be forced to stop playing for a while.

Yes, the servers will be closing soon, but what's this about stopping our playing?
possibly, the game's online service will be around during the time of MH3U's release, and when the servers shut down, people will just shift over (or stop playing entirely, depends on the person)

Quote :
My concern is when did we stop being a community we are so divided looking at my posts and some older posts we have been berating other members for not being up to our expectations.

Personally, I have not done this at all....

Quote :
A lot of posts are about how stupid some players are and how they cause us to fail.
Well, it happens VERY often.
I even talked about these people when I was in my rank 10's

Quote :
Weren't we all there at one point struggling with our Great Jaggi's
Not me, no. I had previous game experience.
Quote :
Royal Ludoroth,
Not really, even my for my first water battle, he wasn't all that difficult to handle.
[quote]
Quote :
and so on didn't we each have that one friend that helped us up when we were down that said it was okay we will get them next time.
No, it didn't happen for me.
Generally, when I did quests, I would only fail when others have fallen. And it still happens when I use my extra characters.

Quote :
I know I may be asking for the impossible but I feel we should all put our part to help the community a bit
I do help them.
Urgents, key quests, gatherings, etc...
Perhaps you are presuming that the lot of us are pretentious ass hats hell bent on ignoring fellow players?

That'd be silly...

Quote :
we were in their shoes once,
Well, in the not-so-prepared stages of hunting, yes.

Quote :
Instead of just kicking them out or insulting them

I don't always do this. Only when they annoy me by not accepting my helpful advice by insulting me for trying to give advice.
The other side isn't really all that golden.

Quote :
let's give them a chance
I do.
Multiple chances.

I don't just ditch people for failing a quest, I try letting them figure out what they can do to better themselves, JUST like I did when I started the series.
It's not particularly necessary for me to tell them what they need to do, but I try to give them some advice when they fail more than once.

Quote :
let's try to lead by example for the future community in MH3U
Yeah, I'll try my best...
However, I'll stop being nice as soon as more people tell me to fu** off when I try to give them advice... like how they do now.

Some people are very friendly though.
When they listen to advice, they get better.

Quote :
is a much nicer one even two or three years later.
We'll see..

Quote :
I would love to hear all your opinions.
I think you're really making some of us out to be some really disturbed people with your words.

Your idea of helping a community seems rather presumptuous of the members of this wiki.
We aren't all bad people that feed our souls off of the despairing innocence stabbed by our elitist words and hatred.
Plenty of us are pretty helpful and nice fellows who enjoy assisting players online with our holy blades of heroics.

However, there are some bad eggs around here (not that I now them around here), but that's not to say that the innocent players are as they appear to be.
You could say that they are daisies with their twisted cores.

I'd say that the personalities of the people that you seem to see are the direct reflections of the community.

Now, you may not be talking about all of us entirely, but you could change your words around to not make it seem that way.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri's community.   Monster Hunter Tri's community. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 5:18 am

Isn't this the second topic you've made like this? Wasn't it also locked? I see your point, but I see Meh's point more.

In my case, I might try to rank up online, but I always end up helping the low-ranked hunters, usually with some urgent quest or key quest. This means nearly no experience for me, but I -do- get money from the materials I don't need, or I can use them to create a weapon, and I get a few HR points to boot. In exchange, they get a quick victory, easy materials and money and a good dose of HRP, plus some experience.
It's better for them than me, but I didn't have any particular trouble with Royal Ludroth apart from learning the rolls. I had already faced off against the Great Jaggi in the Offline Arena.
Also, I had no friends whatsoever. Playing on an island will mostly mean you'll only find local friends in the most popular games. There have been one or two exceptions to this rule, but for the most part, most of my friends online are good teammates that happened upon each other in the same server.

Yes, there are a few jerks, but it's like the Taliban with Muslism. They get the attention because of their ways and the other communities define the rest from that. Hence why some people get badly treated because of religion, race, etc.

tl;dr, you're letting some asshats that you happened upon alter your vision of the community. Pardon my swearing, but that's my thoughts in a nutshell.

Last edited by Mr Stark on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Hanya
Popo
Hanya

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri's community.   Monster Hunter Tri's community. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 5:24 am

Fortunately, video games have a way of attracting people of all sorts, and that makes gaming communities interesting and fun. Unfortuantely, mean-spirited and rude people are included in that mix. Don't let it get you down, Yuki. I'm a newbie, but for the most part, my experiences both on this forum and in-game have been positive.

I've quested with a few hunters who have been, well, douchebags. The sort of people who curse at you for making a mistake, or who follow you around the map, trying to upswing you for like five minutes because you made an error. People like that suck, and every community has its fair share.

Not everyone is like that, though. I feel like I've improved a lot in the past few weeks, and have met a lot of hunters both here and in-game that have been very accomodating and helpful. Now that my skills have improved, I try and help low rank hunters with their quests and make sure never to act like a jerk. I also never offer advice unless they ask me for it. I've been lectured while playing by well-meaning hunters before. I always accept this unsolicited advice with a smile, but it can be hard.

If you want to do your part in keeping the community strong, as well as fostering a fun environment for everyone, just make sure that you treat everyone you meet with the respect and kindness they deserve. Moreover, treat them with patience. When MH3U comes out, all of us who played Tri will have a huge advantage over those who've never played a MH game. Keep that in mind and just be nice to people. It's really that easy. If you encounter one of those nasty hunters, confront them about it and don't let them walk all over other hunters. People like that can ruin the game, and if I weren't a grown-ass man, some of the experiences I've had online might've been enough to discourage me.

Also, at the end of the day, Monster Hunter is just a game. Some people take it more seriously than others, but when it's all said and done, it's nothing but a game. The game only has value so long as the gameplay is satisying and the environment is pleasant. By treating other people with respect, you can contribute greatly to both.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri's community.   Monster Hunter Tri's community. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:19 am

Sorry my wording is so bad lol I am not targetting the forum as a whole. I am just looking back through a lot of posts and a lot are rather mean spirited it's not just on the forum but a lot of players I encounter. Could be just my luck is that bad lol especially since I gate hop a lot.

As for the thread being locked I asked for it to be locked because if all the spam like I asked if this becomes a spam topic to be locked immediately.

Lol sorry if I seem a little high and mighty wasn't what I was aiming for.
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri's community.   Monster Hunter Tri's community. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:05 pm

I have a pretty generous expectation of hunter skills vs rank. Ive never personally given new players grief in game or on the boards. If I ever come across overly critical or bashing another player, be assured it was a behavior witnessed by a high rank hunter.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri's community.   Monster Hunter Tri's community. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:10 pm

Yeah, I give them a hand once in a while. you know they are exited when they are alone on a city and a really high rank joins them.

But many of them see the oportunity as a gift of god and post something really hard for them so you can handle it alone. I mean, "yeah I can help you but you got to put some effort in there too".

Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri's community.   Monster Hunter Tri's community. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 3:46 pm

It's not just a question of US being arseholes to all newbs, its the fact that the newbs we all rant about are the newbs who are ever present in all online games, but are usually unnoticed due to the sheer amount of other people. The newbs that are unwilling to listen and learn.

Tri is a dying game, I suppose it started dying fairly quickly after launch, simply because to the western audience, its a very unusual kind of game, given what the majority of us are used to. That, plus the fact that we are right at the end of its lifespan, means that there are ONLY those piss-pots and us left in the online world, meaning; more rants.

If there was a friendly beginner who was ready to accept his/her mistakes and allow others to teach them, I guarantee all of us here on this forum would nurture them, not flame them.
Back to top Go down
CrystalPower
Melynx
CrystalPower

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri's community.   Monster Hunter Tri's community. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:31 am

I've been guilty of shunning the newbs on many occasions, due to some of them having a lack of manners.
I've been sworn at and called a newb by the newbs before, for no other reason than the fact that I had turned down an Agnaktor hunt at the time.
Of course, there is the rare occasion when you find a generally nice inexperienced hunter/huntress that will ask politely for your help and will hunt alongside you, not think of you as someone to leech off and that's nice to see.
Some of them have respect for the higher-ranked hunters/huntress'.

But personally, I agree with Yuki. The community can be a nasty place. Which is why I chose to hunt only with friends.

(P.S. I typed this whole reply with my 3DS.. It took me AGES!)
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri's community.   Monster Hunter Tri's community. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:57 pm

Weren't we all there at one point struggling with our Great Jaggi's Royal Ludoroth, and so on didn't we each have that one friend that helped us up when we were down that said it was okay we will get them next time.

nah, Great Jaggi was the Velocidrome of 1st Gen MH series so I had no problem with it. R. Ludoroth was easy after looking at his atk pattern.

I know I may be asking for the impossible but I feel we should all put our part to help the community a bit we were in their shoes once, and others in ours maybe being annoyed but helping out seeing the hidden potential in us.

Helping the community? I thought we did our share to better it. to a small extent.....

Instead of just kicking them out or insulting them let's give them a chance let's try to lead by example for the future community in MH3U is a much nicer one even two or three years later. I would love to hear all your opinions.

I given a couple of them a chance but unfortunately some of them never learn the proper way and instead stalked me *shivers. So ill be a little bit smart next time on who's really in it to learn/improve vs those who want to leech cause there is no way ill carry them to HR or G rank.....
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 35

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri's community.   Monster Hunter Tri's community. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:59 pm

I don't mind helping people when they are nice. unfortunately it's easier to solo a blos+ until you get a stout horn than find nice people on tri nowadays
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri's community.   Monster Hunter Tri's community. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Tri's community.
Page 1 of 1