Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Miss-Understandings Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Miss-Understandings Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Miss-Understandings

Go down 
+6
Jader7777
MasterOnion
Yuki
Lalo
anduin55
Hikari Sagura
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Hikari Sagura
Aptonoth
Hikari Sagura

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Miss-Understandings Empty
PostSubject: Miss-Understandings   Miss-Understandings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 5:20 pm

First and foremost:

With regards to my previous post I perhaps should apologies in advance if only for the miss-understanding my post caused.
It is not my intention to promote myself as "the best" or "above others" but rather to display my ability in a field that i find solace and comfort in.
In reality my life, my world is one of torment and displeasure. My escape into the world of hunting is perhaps the only thing that keeps me sane and able to continue my otherwise mundane existence.
The relationship of the "Master" to "Student" is perhaps a perverse form of comfort found only by those who have suffered the loss of one of their own, a loss that can never be replaced nor forgotten. The motherly instinct that continues to reside within me continues to yearn for a comfort that perhaps can never again be attained.
To many I expect this latest entry must seem "attention seeking" or "Laughable" and your well within your rights to think this, but perhaps you should first consider the initial intentions of an individual before you condemn them for simply being what they and who they are.
Can any here lay claim to perfection in themselves? To say they are without their own demons and flaws?
Truth of oneself at the very least is a virtue I can take comfort in, I know my own faults and am all too aware of my imperfections. I am reminded of them each and everyday by a society that seemingly wishes nothing but sadness from an individual that is not afraid to prove themself. My ranks are not for the purpose of "Bragging" but rather for the self assurance they bring, badges of honour that remind me that despite what i am told daily... i am not a complete failure. There is perhaps something i can indeed lay claim to.
Perhaps this entry is one asking of forgiveness within a forum i am yet to comprehend and adjust to but for all those who feel the need to bitch at someone who simply wishes to pass their accumulated knowledge to one who understands them i say only this...
God (if such a being even exists) is the only one with the right to pass judgement, keep your opinions of spite to yourselves, my message is not intended for those who have the power and conviction to carry themselves but rather for those who feel insignificant and alone in a world of complete and utter bastards...
Back to top Go down
anduin55
Rhenoplos
anduin55

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code: 2852-7597-3150
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Miss-Understandings   Miss-Understandings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 5:50 pm

First, I must say that you write very eloquently and formal, and it's kind of fun to read your posts. Maybe it's because of your writing style that you come off as "high-and-mighty," and that may intimidate some people. You also seem to have a very developed character in which you role play as during the game. The fact that you carry this character onto this forum, which is quite informal and relaxed, may put some people off. Plus, there are some people who might think you're full of bravado and are simply "showing off."

As for me, I see no fault in your mannerisms, as eccentricities always make people more interesting. I myself am an actor in real life, and I've played both D&D and GURPS in the past. I understand the fun of acting out a character and even the comfort of having a mask to hide behind sometimes. All I can say is this: So long as you're having fun, and are not actively insulting other members, I see no reason why you can't act a little differently then others.

As for finding someone to take under your wing as an "apprentice," You may have very little luck here. Most forum members are people who do responsible research, and many are regarded as "good" players. If, however, you're looking for friends, then I would say you came to the right place. Yes by vort Welcome to the forums, O Princess of Loc Lac.

(btw, it is simply "misunderstandings." ;p Although that would make for an interesting name... Miss Understanding.)

Last edited by anduin55 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/109952126346148067866
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Miss-Understandings   Miss-Understandings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 5:59 pm

Hikari Sagura wrote:

but perhaps you should first consider the initial intentions of an individual before you condemn them for simply being what they and who they are.

True true, there are many people out there (you know what kind of people I am talking about) so I might not know what to expect from a stranger.

Sorry if our comments on your other post werent so very welcoming n_n´
(if that even make sense [not a very good english speaker so I dont now if it does make sense[)

As for me, I am always intrigued with good players, I want to hunt with you but thats not going to happen...
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Miss-Understandings   Miss-Understandings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 6:24 pm

You seem like a very nice person I read your prior post could have been worded differently maybe but that is always the case. On the master apprentice thing it always does seem to be fate that unites them I really hope you find one I like your personality I know my words may not mean much but I would like to show my opinions on the matter. One of my closest friends has also been my apprentice with hammer lol I think you teo have to get along well and luck play a small part in it for that type of relationship.
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Miss-Understandings   Miss-Understandings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:14 pm

I just follow rule 20 whenever I am on the internet, and I am much happier for it =D
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Miss-Understandings   Miss-Understandings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:10 am

You must be new to the internet. You poor little thing.

Don't worry though, it will get easier later.
Back to top Go down
CrystalPower
Melynx
CrystalPower

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Miss-Understandings   Miss-Understandings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:32 am

Master Hikari, smile! Don't make your Vassal come and hug you! <3
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Miss-Understandings   Miss-Understandings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:26 pm

Sorry I came across as a bit rude in my other post in your previous thread. It's just so often I see people bragging about ther skills. When I was a lower rank I got kicked out of a room because I was the "weak link". Those 2 people always used to brag about their skills. For that reason I've learned to become cautious around anyone who says great things about their skill.

Again, I apologize. You seem very nice.
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios
JFizzle

Thank you Points : 129

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

PostSubject: Re: Miss-Understandings   Miss-Understandings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:33 am

@ Hikari, and in RE to your original thread's RE to my post:

Sorry for the delay in my response. I just recently found the previous thread a bit ago, in a section I didn't expect to find it in.

I guess that some of the responses you received in your previous thread were to be expected. Someone before me mentioned that searching for an apprentice on these forums was a bad idea, and I had to agree. Generally most people here are very skilled, or are new players who are doing their homework, possibly not quite ready for advanced Jedi training. I feel that may have been part of the issue.

The other part may have been in the wording of the thread. I get that, though. When you have invested as much time and effort into something as to become as proficient at it as MH games require, you will develop a subconscious tone of pride in the process of expression. It's nothing new. Ironically, some small degree of it is actually necessary on the side of the Master in the training of an apprentice. You just have to be absolutely certain of your facts and processes.

If you have mastered all of the available MH games to date, then my first point in the preceding paragraph is even more relevant. However, I did manage to see humbleness and consideration within the wording and intentions of your post. Those two factors alone are what I found interesting, and worth a response.

It's pretty rare that you will find experienced and high ranking (HR) hunters who have not sold themselves on absolutes (Techniques that they consider superior and shun all others, and those who use them). Being that I believe in no absolutes, but instead in degrees of everything (also in degrees of degrees), I have mostly disdain for the "So-Called" Elites. Most of the time the only real differences in a Great Hunter and a "So-Called" Elite, is a willingness to be open to different strategies and respect for hunters with lesser HR ranking and experience. Any of us with an alt that we have worked up through the ranks has probably experienced this. In my situation (House burglarized x2, my first 2 characters, both with high HRs, were stolen), I am forever playing an alt. I always find myself wondering, "Would this fool talk this way if he were the lowest HR in this city?" Definitely not.

I understand your desire to train another, though. And after considering my previous post, maybe training a worthy apprentice would not be as fruitless as I thought. It's probably very likely that anyone you choose to mentor will continue on into MH3U, and your time and efforts would not have been in vain.

At any rate, whether you find your apprentice or not, you will find many very skilled hunters here, alot of lols, and at the very least a place to chill when not motivated to hunt.

Welcome (again) to the Wiki Forums,
and Happy Hunting!
Back to top Go down
Hikari Sagura
Aptonoth
Hikari Sagura

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Miss-Understandings   Miss-Understandings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 11:23 am

JFizzle wrote:
@ Hikari, and in RE to your original thread's RE to my post:

Sorry for the delay in my response. I just recently found the previous thread a bit ago, in a section I didn't expect to find it in.

I guess that some of the responses you received in your previous thread were to be expected. Someone before me mentioned that searching for an apprentice on these forums was a bad idea, and I had to agree. Generally most people here are very skilled, or are new players who are doing their homework, possibly not quite ready for advanced Jedi training. I feel that may have been part of the issue.

The other part may have been in the wording of the thread. I get that, though. When you have invested as much time and effort into something as to become as proficient at it as MH games require, you will develop a subconscious tone of pride in the process of expression. It's nothing new. Ironically, some small degree of it is actually necessary on the side of the Master in the training of an apprentice. You just have to be absolutely certain of your facts and processes.

If you have mastered all of the available MH games to date, then my first point in the preceding paragraph is even more relevant. However, I did manage to see humbleness and consideration within the wording and intentions of your post. Those two factors alone are what I found interesting, and worth a response.

It's pretty rare that you will find experienced and high ranking (HR) hunters who have not sold themselves on absolutes (Techniques that they consider superior and shun all others, and those who use them). Being that I believe in no absolutes, but instead in degrees of everything (also in degrees of degrees), I have mostly disdain for the "So-Called" Elites. Most of the time the only real differences in a Great Hunter and a "So-Called" Elite, is a willingness to be open to different strategies and respect for hunters with lesser HR ranking and experience. Any of us with an alt that we have worked up through the ranks has probably experienced this. In my situation (House burglarized x2, my first 2 characters, both with high HRs, were stolen), I am forever playing an alt. I always find myself wondering, "Would this fool talk this way if he were the lowest HR in this city?" Definitely not.

I understand your desire to train another, though. And after considering my previous post, maybe training a worthy apprentice would not be as fruitless as I thought. It's probably very likely that anyone you choose to mentor will continue on into MH3U, and your time and efforts would not have been in vain.

At any rate, whether you find your apprentice or not, you will find many very skilled hunters here, alot of lols, and at the very least a place to chill when not motivated to hunt.

Welcome (again) to the Wiki Forums,
and Happy Hunting!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a well written response based upon my previous posts. I suppose to an extent is is rather difficult to attempt to distance one's self from the pride that comes with many years of experience. Your thoughts and more importantly opinions are regarded with the uttermost care and consideration.
Once again, I thank you in advance and hope your hunts go well.

^^

xx x x xx
Back to top Go down
X Kitsune X
Bnahabra
X Kitsune X

Thank you Points : 8

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Miss-Understandings   Miss-Understandings Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 2:53 pm

Hey. I never managed to find your previous post, but based on what you have written, I think I can make some fair assumptions as to what has happened. Am I right in saying that you offered another member of this forum advice which was not recieved well? If so, then I've had an experience very similar to yours on a different forum, where I upset alot of people completely unintentionally. However, unlike that forum, you will find that many players on the Monster Hunter forums are a much more kind and forgiving group. Welcome to the community, and I'm sure that after a few months, the respectable members of this forum will either forgive or forget any bad blood that there was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miss-Understandings   Miss-Understandings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miss-Understandings
Page 1 of 1