Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
laoshanicrus
Najarala

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

this is a thread to post questions for monster hunter U (both wiiu and 3ds versions),
just ask anything related to mhu gameplay,tips,general info,etc.

examples

Spoiler:

Last edited by laoshanicrus on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
PixelP
Popo

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:30 pm

@dcj91x wrote:
^ Honestly... it would really depend. Are you able to fight him the exact same way and get in the exact same amount of hits each and every time? If so than based on Damage and how well you can use each weapon than you might do better with the LS...

However... He is much weaker to Fire than thunder on most if not all his body part and if you are not able to keep up the consistant damage using the spirit attack and using the LS to it's full potential.... than I would suggest the SnS, as you might be able to get more hits in and more damage over all in at one time. But again... It depends on how you play and use each weapon.

I see what you mean, and I am more "adapted" to the LS. I think that I've completed every quests (that I have done) with a LS. Weird or what? Anyhow, I do plan on starting to practice with other weapons since some weapons I want to make have new elements. My Chainslaughter - Thunder and my Bone Tomahawk+ - Fire. I am planning to make a hammer that has an Ice Element and a bow that has a Water Element.

NEW QUESTION

I plan on fighting the 1 Quest lvl Guild Quest Rathian, but want to know what armour to use and what weapon. The strongest armour with fire is the Qurupeco Blademaster whilst the armour with the most fire element (and I think also best Gunner defence) is the Gunner equivalent to the Qurupeco. I'm thinking of farming the Qurupeco but still need to know whether to make the Gunner or Blademaster... If Rathian is weak to Water Element, I'm definitely going to use the Sponge Gear 1 with Qurupeco Gunner.

EDIT: I checked Rathian's wiki page. She's weak to Dragon and Thunder. I have a Thunder LS and nothing else that's Dragon or Thunder Element. Because of my new knowledge, I do not need anybody to reply about weapons, but only about the armour I should use.
Back to top Go down
Saisei
Felyne

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:52 pm

To be honest, I used Great Jaggi armor until Rathalos. -5 fire resist is worth the Atk Up (M) and Gormand, plus food buffs with grain + vegetable can easily remove the fire weakness.
Back to top Go down
Gilgames
Melynx

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:05 am

The guild rathian died in under ten minutes when my brother and i killed it for the first time. He was using leather armor and i had just finished my ingot armor set. We used dual cleavers and great bone gunlance i think.
Back to top Go down
PixelP
Popo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:09 am

@Saisei wrote:
To be honest, I used Great Jaggi armor until Rathalos. -5 fire resist is worth the Atk Up (M) and Gormand, plus food buffs with grain + vegetable can easily remove the fire weakness.

So you're saying that I can pretty much just use Great Jaggi with some defence upgrades and food buffs? Sweet! I capture all my monsters mainly because I have a talisman with Perception +7 and with that I just make two Perception Jewels which will make Perception +11 so I can just track them and capture them. So I've heard, capturing is meant to reduce 60% battle time. I believe this as in my previous file it took me exceptionally long to kill the monsters but now that I have made a new file (since my old one was deleted) I've been capturing in 10 minutes or less. Perception is a good skill to have and if I manage to break any parts of Rathian and then capture her, I could get some decent armour! I wish I had a Wii U so I could play online, now I'll never complete MH3U...
Seriously, what is Nintendo thinking, making the 3DS a console with crappy internet! It's not very fair, I think it's utterly stupid.

NEW QUESTION

What kind of weapon is best used against Rathian? I have a Thunder LS (should work pretty well since Rathian is weak to Thunder and Dragon) but no other Thunder or Dragon elemental weapons. I do have a Fire Element SnS and a Water Element Bow. I'm still trying to make an Ice Element Hammer though, so what do you think I should use? Should I advance further and make something like Lagiacrus or just try Rathian for a change?
Back to top Go down
PixelP
Popo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:42 am

@Gilgames wrote:
The guild rathian died in under ten minutes when my brother and i killed it for the first time. He was using leather armor and i had just finished my ingot armor set. We used dual cleavers and great bone gunlance i think.

How do you craft Ingot? I currently do not have it available and want to know what it does and if it's good.
Back to top Go down
PixelP
Popo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:10 am

@Saisei wrote:

Uhh... My Great Jaggi has Attack Up (S) and -10 Fire... Or are you talking about the Gunner? because I'm talking about the Blademaster...
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:06 pm

@PixelP wrote:
@Saisei wrote:

Uhh... My Great Jaggi has Attack Up (S) and -10 Fire... Or are you talking about the Gunner? because I'm talking about the Blademaster...

I'd bet on Blademaster - because I did the same. Make two Attack Jewels, and you can get Attack Up (M).
Back to top Go down
PixelP
Popo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:49 pm

^ Ok, thanks Atlan. I'm glad Great Jaggi has 4 slots because I can fit in 2 Perception Jewels AND 2 Attack Jewels which is good! :D

EDIT: Wrong, it actually has 3.
Back to top Go down
PixelP
Popo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:05 pm

So, I need want to kill or cap Rathian but not sure if I should use the Perception skill or the Attack Up (M) which means I dunno if I should add 2 Perception or 2 Attack Jewels... I really want to capture Rathian quickly though so she doesn't take as long and will hopefully yield better items. I'm terrible at capping without the Perception skill, I failed the capping Arzuros quest 3 times because I ended up killing it. Sad by vort
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:12 pm

Purple luddy...failed twice with lr barroth HOW I DO THIS
Back to top Go down
PixelP
Popo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:24 pm

@laoshanicrus wrote:
Purple luddy...failed twice with lr barroth HOW I DO THIS

Make LR Great Wroggi. Should give good defence and protection from P.Ludroth's poison.
Back to top Go down
Azurian
Kelbi

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:22 pm

What armor set or combo of set(s) in LR Blade master can get Earplug skill? Rathian did have it MH3 with a easy gem or two added in to make +10. I haven't found a web page that has all the armor sets and skills out yet for MH3U. IF you know of a web site, It would be greatly appreciated too...
Back to top Go down
PixelP
Popo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:36 pm

@Azurian wrote:
What armor set or combo of set(s) in LR Blade master can get Earplug skill? Rathian did have it MH3 with a easy gem or two added in to make +10. I haven't found a web page that has all the armor sets and skills out yet for MH3U. IF you know of a web site, It would be greatly appreciated too...

Who knows, but maybe Rathian has it again. I'm going to go fight her soon (on 3DS so I can NEVER play online. I'll probably never complete the game now) and once I've finished fighting her I'll check the skills on her armour. If it has, I'll inform you.
Back to top Go down
Snagglux
Seltas

Thank you Points : 38

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:41 pm

@Azurian wrote:

The earliest set that has earplugs is Gigginox's armour.
Back to top Go down
Hawkfriend
Jaggi

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:58 pm

@PixelP wrote:
@Azurian wrote:

Who knows, but maybe Rathian has it again. I'm going to go fight her soon (on 3DS so I can NEVER play online. I'll probably never complete the game now) and once I've finished fighting her I'll check the skills on her armour. If it has, I'll inform you.

I thought all the content was available offline... so why can't you complete it?
Back to top Go down
PixelP
Popo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:16 pm

@Hawkfriend wrote:
@PixelP wrote:
@Azurian wrote:

I thought all the content was available offline... so why can't you complete it?

Well, all the best MH3U players require online play to complete their quests, and because I own a 3DS which only uses Local Wireless, I'll never complete those hardcore quests. And besides, my friend who is gonna get MH3U on his 3DS will fail miserably because he can't even kill the Lagombi in the damn demo!
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:05 pm

Actually... the game is fairly easy to do it alone.

People completed FU alone and it was a challange but it was fun!

I feel like 3U is really, really easy compared to tri (High rank vs High rank) guess I still need to reach G rank but so far, it is pretty soloable so don't say you can't complete the game! it was made without online for a reason
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:12 pm

Anyone know where I can find blossom crickets and Butterfly Beetles?
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:35 pm

@It's meh wrote:
Anyone know where I can find blossom crickets and Butterfly Beetles?

Butterfly beetles... the ones that I have got I got them via sending people to hunt in "Hunters for hire". the first I have no idea
Back to top Go down
PixelP
Popo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:20 pm

Finally got my LR Ian Blademaster! Took about 2 caps and 4 - 6 kills. Every time I succeeded I got all Ian parts destroyed! :D Aiming for Valkyrie Chordbell once I kill G. Wroggi and Ian more. (I can't believe I forgot to kill G. Wroggi in the 3* Village...)
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:06 pm

@Lalo wrote:
Actually... the game is fairly easy to do it alone.

People completed FU alone and it was a challange but it was fun!

I feel like 3U is really, really easy compared to tri (High rank vs High rank) guess I still need to reach G rank but so far, it is pretty soloable so don't say you can't complete the game! it was made without online for a reason

^this. Low rank and High rank village are very easy. Took me max 20 min to complete one quest, after obtaining Brachi weapons everything turns out easy. 5-7 min per monster on low rank, 10-12 on high rank. High rank port though have few tricky double quest needed to proceed to G rank. Currently i finished all village quests and started Port. So far i completed low rank and it was too easy. Didn't feel the difference from village low rank.

Anyone knows how to make G rank Helios X armor? Can't find info about normal Ceadeus G rank quest on wiki. There's only Goldbeard Ceadeus. I'm puzzled now...

Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Tirith
Bnahabra

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:12 pm

i think goldbeard is the g rank caedeus, i don't remember seeing a normal one, and i leave for work in 10 mins so i'm not turning on the game to double check. =)

i remember 2 sets of caedeus armor showing up after getting parts from goldbeard, so the armor you want is probably from goldbeard, or a mix of the 2 species.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:15 pm

Goldbeard set is all black/navy and yellow like the monster itself. Helios X looks like normal Ceadeus - grey/black and teal. So i don't unterstand how it transform from Goldbeard colour palette into normal Ceadeus.

Here are pictures:

http://www.mh3-ultimate.com/page/G-Rank+Armor+Gallery

I'll be grateful if you check it out Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Tirith
Bnahabra

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:46 am

ok, checked my game,
helios mail/vest X uses g.ceadeus fur, normal ceadeus fur, earth dragongems, and a conqueror's seal to make the chest

helios mail/vest Z uses g.ceadeus fur, g. ceadeus coat, crooket hardhorn, and a conqueror's seal to make the chest

sooo.. X uses parts from gold and normal, and Z uses just gold parts to make the armor.

double checked with other parts, they all use g. ceadeus parts for the first, then X uses normal cead parts for the rest and Z uses more G.cead parts.

so if you want to make X you'll have to farm a bit of both, but i don't think you'll need any rare stuff from G. ceadeus
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:01 am

Thank you very much dude Yes by vort So i guess i need to farm Ceadeus in village more either way Yes by vort earth dragongems comes from Jhen, so i guess i need to kill a bunch of them too. Looks like a lot of work but it's worth it! :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Today at 5:37 am

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 43Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 43  Next