Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Roy from Kotowari made an MH beginners guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Will
Rathalos

Thank you Points : 45

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Roy from Kotowari made an MH beginners guide   Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:11 am

I think it is an amazing idea, But I'm not sure charging for it is such a good idea especially since things like the wiki exist. Also, chances are the kind of people who need this kind of thing probably wouldn't know where to look for it. But anyways, here is the link to it. What do you guys think of it?
http://weloveculty.com/products/monster-hunter-beginners-guide-print
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Roy from Kotowari made an MH beginners guide   Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:51 am

The preview seems really good...but i agree with Will, i wonder if those that need it will ever notice it. And the info is probably included into the game's tutorial (does anyone do that these days?)
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: Roy from Kotowari made an MH beginners guide   Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:56 am

Actually, he is a guest on the most recent Social Dissonance podcast and he tried very hard to include into it all the bits of info the game doesn't really explain very well. Also, now that I think about it, I might pick one of these up and let any of my friends who I can get into MH to read it, I already got one friend into MH and I don't EVER want to go through the process of explaining skills and what not to a new player.

Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: Roy from Kotowari made an MH beginners guide   Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:06 pm

Seems cool and I would gladly buy it. But the price is a little bit too much... I mean 35$ for a 50 paged guide? I
Back to top Go down
Rowiehz
Melynx

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Roy from Kotowari made an MH beginners guide   Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:34 am

I've seen this on Tumblr a while ago and I have to say I was interested. I think it would be good to hand this to people who are interested in the series, but have never played it. I was actually considering buying this for one of my best friends who wants to step into the world of MH.

However, I'm one of those people who also think it is bad to charge money for something that does not originally belong to you. Sure, they made it themselves, but the subject of the book belongs to Capcom. So in the end I decided not to because of this reason and what BoredForLife said: the price is just way too much for something so small. You could get a MH ecology book for this price!

I'll let it pass. Unless they make a new version which is much bigger and more expanded, or less expensive.
Back to top Go down
http://rowiehz.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roy from Kotowari made an MH beginners guide   Today at 4:20 pm

Back to top Go down

Roy from Kotowari made an MH beginners guide
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1