Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

What is the secret to getting Isisium ore from the Tundra?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jake Johnson
Khezu

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: What is the secret to getting Isisium ore from the Tundra?   Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:06 pm

I've done the Baggi quest (Lost in Blue) several times, hoping to mine Isisium; yet I have found none.

I need it for a Vodyanoy Hammer and a Buster Blade.

Is there some "secret" I do not know about?

Also, yes, I mine in the caves
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala

Thank you Points : 46

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: What is the secret to getting Isisium ore from the Tundra?   Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:39 pm

There is no secret from what I know of...its mostly luck.
The best you can do is a Great Baggi quest and mine there while doing so, as Great Baggi can give ores as rewards at the end of the quest.
I do believe the white rocks give more rare materials such as Isisium though, so keep an eye out for them.
I think that if you are High Rank to initiate a HR 40 Tundra quest and have the Explorer skill, you can mine the white rock in the secret area for higher chances of rarer ores. Its next to the pile of bones where you gather DragonBone Relics.
Back to top Go down
http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u2509
laoshanicrus
Najarala

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: What is the secret to getting Isisium ore from the Tundra?   Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:06 pm

alternatively you can do the bloodstone quest and wear jaggi mask and pet teh pig and take chacha if offline
Back to top Go down
Emilette
Melynx

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: What is the secret to getting Isisium ore from the Tundra?   Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Yeah, mostly this is a case of luck. I personally would get the Tundra Gathering Tour first, as then you can bring Leather armour to mine and not worry about hunting anything.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is the secret to getting Isisium ore from the Tundra?   Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:38 pm

@laoshanicrus wrote:
alternatively you can do the bloodstone quest and wear jaggi mask and pet teh pig and take chacha if offline

Luck doesn't have any effect on the ores you get on a mining run just on quest rewards.

@Emilette wrote:
Yeah, mostly this is a case of luck. I personally would get the Tundra Gathering Tour first, as then you can bring Leather armour to mine and not worry about hunting anything.

I highly recommend what he said leather armor helps a lot on mining runs prevents pick axes from breaking as fast. It also increases the amount of times you can gather in one spot. Also the longer you remain in a gathering quest the more times mining nodes spawn which is a godsend compared to past games where you had to go on multiple runs because of the set limit you can gather in one run.
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: What is the secret to getting Isisium ore from the Tundra?   Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:27 pm

@Yuki wrote:
@laoshanicrus wrote:

Luck doesn't have any effect on the ores you get on a mining run just on quest rewards.

The point Lao was making is that Isisium is in the Cold Stones quest rewards. So by increasing Luck, better chances of getting Isisium in the quest rewards.

The quest reward odds for Isisium are slightly better for Leader of the Icepack and Harvest Tour: Tundra. (23% vs 20% for Cold Stones)

So it appears that the best quest choice for Isisium mining is likely Harvest Tour: Tundra. Gathering skills and Luck skills will help.

I do remember that this was one of the harder ores to find, and anytime I wanted to forge or upgrade a weapon or a piece of armor, I'd have to go mine.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: What is the secret to getting Isisium ore from the Tundra?   Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Actually, the Harvest Tours give little rewards IIRC. You'd be better off with the Bloodstone quests, as you'll get them through mining by accident anyway.

And on a related note: Best place to get Machalite, Carbalite and Bathycite Ores regularly? I'm sick of mining everywhere and barely finding any.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Gilgames
Melynx

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: What is the secret to getting Isisium ore from the Tundra?   Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:56 pm

Mr Stark wrote:
Actually, the Harvest Tours give little rewards IIRC. You'd be better off with the Bloodstone quests, as you'll get them through mining by accident anyway.

And on a related note: Best place to get Machalite, Carbalite and Bathycite Ores regularly? I'm sick of mining everywhere and barely finding any.

For bathycite i'm most regularly finding it under water in the flooded forest, areas 5 and 6, and sometimes 3.
Machalite has a higher spawn rate from the rock in area 12 of deserted island.
But carbalite...?
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala

Thank you Points : 46

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: What is the secret to getting Isisium ore from the Tundra?   Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Spoiler:

Bathycite is found is also found only in High Rank, not Low Rank.
Carbalite is found in High Rank Deserted Isle and Volcano. Although there is much greater chance of getting Carbalite in the Volcano zones.
Back to top Go down
http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u2509
PixelP
Popo

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: What is the secret to getting Isisium ore from the Tundra?   Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:23 pm

@Emilette wrote:

I agree with you Emilette but wouldn't achieving 5* require better weapons, meaning that you would have to get Isisium at a slower rate, and then a faster rate. That's just how I see it. I'm on 3* quests though so I need to wait. The Gobul is such a pain. I almost did it on a previous file until it was erased by my idiotic brother. I'm now doing the Qurupeco so I still need to do some more quests. I'll think I'll go a slower rate this time, just to enhance my gear.
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 281

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: What is the secret to getting Isisium ore from the Tundra?   Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:36 pm

i have an obscene amount of isisium, it's lightcrystals that annoy me
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
PixelP
Popo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is the secret to getting Isisium ore from the Tundra?   Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:26 am

@Jake Johnson wrote:
I've done the Baggi quest (Lost in Blue) several times, hoping to mine Isisium; yet I have found none.

I do not know why, but not many people mention that you can do the free hunt in Tundra at any stage. Seriously, just go to the Tavern and talk to the girl who gives guild quests, then select the free hunt in the Tundra quest. Simple as that. I just realized that today. I CAN FINALLY GET ISISIUM AND SO CAN YOU! :D
Back to top Go down
PixelP
Popo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is the secret to getting Isisium ore from the Tundra?   Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:48 am

@PixelP wrote:
@Jake Johnson wrote:

I do not know why, but not many people mention that you can do the free hunt in Tundra at any stage. Seriously, just go to the Tavern and talk to the girl who gives guild quests, then select the free hunt in the Tundra quest. Simple as that. I just realized that today. I CAN FINALLY GET ISISIUM AND SO CAN YOU! :D

What I got from the Tundra - 4 Stone, 7 Iron Ore, 3 Mystery Charm, 17 Earth Crystal, 1 Machalite Ore, 7 Isisium, 2 Lightcrystal, 8 Ice Crystal, 2 Armor Sphere and 2 Armor Sphere+
Back to top Go down
metalman123
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is the secret to getting Isisium ore from the Tundra?   Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 am

The key to Isisium is patience lol plain and simple hahaha
Back to top Go down
Randomhunter
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : -1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is the secret to getting Isisium ore from the Tundra?   Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:37 am

The key to getting it is mining hehe...i keed..its same as other ores..random.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the secret to getting Isisium ore from the Tundra?   Today at 5:34 pm

Back to top Go down

What is the secret to getting Isisium ore from the Tundra?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1