Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!


Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 
 

 The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake Johnson
Khezu


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:12 am

I am beginning this topic so that we can list special challenges, ones that are not listed on a quest's Main or Sub-Quest list.

To post a challenge, you must first list the mission, then the challenge.

Use my First Gauntlet challenge as an example:

First Gauntlet challenge:

Mission: Hunter Killer

The mission is to hunt both a Great Jaggi and a Barroth. However, there is also a Qurupeco running around, too. Defeat it also. Special bonus if you defeat whatever it calls also (BTW, during that mission, the Sandy Plains are unstable - be ready for Ian.)
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin


Thank you Points : 89

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:07 pm

Nice idea, but if i remember correctly, Pecco shouldn't be able to summon any new monsters. Pecco is there himself because of the unstable environment, so i think Ian may even come instead of him. However, if he howls, he will not summon another monster, but one of the existing ones should come to his aid instead.

This challenge will need some extra rules regarding items/weapons/armour.
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala


Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:49 pm

@Jake Johnson wrote:
I am beginning this topic so that we can list special challenges, ones that are not listed on a quest's Main or Sub-Quest list.

To post a challenge, you must first list the mission, then the challenge.

Use my First Gauntlet challenge as an example:

First Gauntlet challenge:

Mission: Hunter Killer

The mission is to hunt both a Great Jaggi and a Barroth. However, there is also a Qurupeco running around, too. Defeat it also. Special bonus if you defeat whatever it calls also (BTW, during that mission, the Sandy Plains are unstable - be ready for Ian.)

you must do this quest nude witha bone kris
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang


Thank you Points : 33

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:05 pm

Wasn't this already a thread?

Challenge: Full Run

Quests: All of them. Starting at G.Jaggi, working all the way up to Alatreon and Deviljho, solo or duo as many quests as possible. CATCH: You aren't allowed to eat before a quest, or restock on supplies between each quest.

Closest to completion wins.
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 62

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:10 pm

All online urgent quests: Solo

I suppose you could replicate this challenge by equipping rank appropriate gear with a high level character, but it loses some of the satisfaction.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala


Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:06 pm

@Ataraxia wrote:
Wasn't this already a thread?

Challenge: Full Run

Quests: All of them. Starting at G.Jaggi, working all the way up to Alatreon and Deviljho, solo or duo as many quests as possible. CATCH: You aren't allowed to eat before a quest, or restock on supplies between each quest.

Closest to completion wins.


Im doing this. I will post my results later. sounds fun n_n my guess is that I will make it to high diablos and lose there.

As for a challenge: solo Deviljho with low alloy armor and no evasion+

It is doable, I have done it myself.

Note:
The first one isnt even a challenge it is called freehunt!!!!


Edit
Spoiler:
 


Last edited by Lalo on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:54 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala


Thank you Points : 12

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:15 pm

Solo double blos event quest with chakra armor and any weapon below rare 7. Gems and talis are allowed.

I might do the full run next week... Prolly die at ala though. I was gonna try to solo him before, but my wii broke, so haven't ever attempted.
Now with the wii u.... Should be fun...
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios


Thank you Points : 129

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:21 am

@Lalo wrote:
Im doing this. I will post my results later. sounds fun n_n my guess is that I will make it to high diablos and lose there.

Edit
Spoiler:
 

Call me up when you get to blos. I'll handle that for you... We won't tell anyone...
<,<
>.>

Challenge: Solo 5* Blos with Anguish P and Focus. Only enough Un-Upgraded Chakra armor to satisfy the skill. Any items you want in your pouch except Armor/Power Talons.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang


Thank you Points : 33

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:47 pm

I dunno, mine shouldn't really be THAT difficult if you have endgame equipment. Just farm around the areas for additional supplies on the hunt, and use the free box stuff as much as possible.

Probably should add a clause to it actually... seems pretty easy to just set a 4 man quest and use the 12 or so first aid pots that are given.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala


Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:14 pm

I finished 1 star (exept for capping jaggi, I want my 9 capped jaggi to still be less than 10) and I was wondering...

for the challenge to be passed do we have to do EVERY quest? I mean... gathering quests are a pain... but cap quests?

in HR they dont give you any traps or tranqs at the beggining and since we cant re-stock, do we have to still do the cap quests and wait for the delivery to arrive?
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas


Thank you Points : 12

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:00 am

I got one.

Character count: 1 max.

Objective: Knock out Uragaan 3 times.

Restriction: You can only use Long Sword or Switch Axe.
Back to top Go down
Palas
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:11 am

@Ataraxia wrote:
Wasn't this already a thread?

Challenge: Full Run

Quests: All of them. Starting at G.Jaggi, working all the way up to Alatreon and Deviljho, solo or duo as many quests as possible. CATCH: You aren't allowed to eat before a quest, or restock on supplies between each quest.

Closest to completion wins.

I believe this only includes "hunt <big monster>"?
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:05 pm

@Palas wrote:
@Ataraxia wrote:
Wasn't this already a thread?

Challenge: Full Run

Quests: All of them. Starting at G.Jaggi, working all the way up to Alatreon and Deviljho, solo or duo as many quests as possible. CATCH: You aren't allowed to eat before a quest, or restock on supplies between each quest.

Closest to completion wins.

I believe this only includes "hunt <big monster>"?

no, you must Gan-own the shit outta EVERY kelbi and giggi too!!

ALL OF THEM!!! ALL!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:01 pm

Quest(s): The Descivive Battle, Rumble In The Great Desert (or HR 27 festivel of fear), The Brilliant Darkness, Where Gods Fear To Tread.

Challenge: Demise of the elders.

Goal: Kill all the elder dragons 100 times in a month.

Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala


Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:08 pm

@GrashXL002 wrote:
Quest(s): The Descivive Battle, Rumble In The Great Desert (or HR 27 festivel of fear), The Brilliant Darkness, Where Gods Fear To Tread.

Challenge: Demise of the elders.

Goal: Kill all the elder dragons 100 times in a month.


Try posting doable challenges, or just challenge people to do what you have already done.

I wont do this cuz in 2 years of hunting I hadnt reach 200 on jhens (nor 25 on deus...)
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:10 pm

@Lalo wrote:
@GrashXL002 wrote:
Quest(s): The Descivive Battle, Rumble In The Great Desert (or HR 27 festivel of fear), The Brilliant Darkness, Where Gods Fear To Tread.

Challenge: Demise of the elders.

Goal: Kill all the elder dragons 100 times in a month.


Try posting doable challenges, or just challenge people to do what you have already done.

I wont do this cuz in 2 years of hunting I hadnt reach 200 on jhens (nor 25 on deus...)

I just did it on a 31 day month.

Slept once every fortnight...
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang


Thank you Points : 33

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:38 pm

@Lalo wrote:
I finished 1 star (exept for capping jaggi, I want my 9 capped jaggi to still be less than 10) and I was wondering...

for the challenge to be passed do we have to do EVERY quest? I mean... gathering quests are a pain... but cap quests?

in HR they dont give you any traps or tranqs at the beggining and since we cant re-stock, do we have to still do the cap quests and wait for the delivery to arrive?

Heh, yeah sorry... I really should've thought before I hit post. As Palas said, I only meant the Hunt quests, Cap quests as an optional substitute if you want to. All the big monsters, not the jaggia and such. Although I guess if you really wanted to you could.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:48 pm

@GrashXL002 wrote:
@Lalo wrote:
@GrashXL002 wrote:
Quest(s): The Descivive Battle, Rumble In The Great Desert (or HR 27 festivel of fear), The Brilliant Darkness, Where Gods Fear To Tread.

Challenge: Demise of the elders.

Goal: Kill all the elder dragons 100 times in a month.


Try posting doable challenges, or just challenge people to do what you have already done.

I wont do this cuz in 2 years of hunting I hadnt reach 200 on jhens (nor 25 on deus...)

I just did it on a 31 day month.

Slept once every fortnight...

So part of the challenge is actually investing enough time to
1) not go fluccing insane from doing this so repetitively.
2) possible skip meals/slepp/having a life
3) deal with the stubborn CrashHoles online for Ala & Jhenny Crag that're no doubt going to pester you (regardless if you decide to solo or not)

...the only upside I even see that would make this worthwhile is that beautiful song that plays during Ceadys fight, and that's on my Ipod >_>
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Palas
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:03 pm

Challenge Name: Statue!

Objective: To prevent a big monster from using any attacks or moving around for 3 minutes. Roars not included.

  • The monster must stand in place and not use any attacks.


Restrictions:
  • No usage of sleep.
  • Solo
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:13 am

@Palas wrote:
Challenge Name: Statue!

Objective: To prevent a big monster from using any attacks or moving around for 3 minutes. Roars not included.

  • The monster must stand in place and not use any attacks.


Restrictions:
  • No usage of sleep.
  • Solo

I think the restriction should be that you have to do it WITH 3 OTHER PEOPLE. There's a higher chance of the monster seeing 4 people than there is a monster seeing one.

Anyway,

Challenge name: Heavy hitting!

You must kill Jhen Mohran WITHOUT the dragonator being used.

Restrictions:

  • Must be HR 31 or HR 27 Jhen Mohran.

    You are prohibited from using UPGRADED Deviljho or Alatreon weapons.

    No hacking
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala


Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:27 pm

@GrashXL002 wrote:

Anyway,

Challenge name: Heavy hitting!

You must kill Jhen Mohran WITHOUT the dragonator being used.

Restrictions:

  • Must be HR 31 or HR 27 Jhen Mohran.

    You are prohibited from using UPGRADED Deviljho or Alatreon weapons.

    No hacking


Done,

used tenebra and wasted both of my dragonator chances
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:46 pm

@Lalo wrote:
@GrashXL002 wrote:

Anyway,

Challenge name: Heavy hitting!

You must kill Jhen Mohran WITHOUT the dragonator being used.

Restrictions:

  • Must be HR 31 or HR 27 Jhen Mohran.

    You are prohibited from using UPGRADED Deviljho or Alatreon weapons.

    No hacking


Done,

used tenebra and wasted both of my dragonator chances

Did you awaken tenebra lazlo?
just curious, so missing the game right now x.x
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Lalo
Gore Magala


Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:57 pm

@Otoshimo wrote:


Did you awaken tenebra lazlo?
just curious, so missing the game right now x.x

yes, I used my sharpness+1 awaken set

Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios


Thank you Points : 129

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:50 am

Challenge Title: Only the Swoll

* Mob: HR Royal Ludroth
* Set: LR Baggi Armor with any Gem combo
* Talisman: None Allowed
* Weapon: Mutilator Blade
* Spezial Conditions: KEEEYILLL!!! You have to wear Big Bulky Winter Gloves on your hands (IRL) until Luddy keels over.

Have I done it? Why Yayes, Yes I have (At the beligerent behest of an intoxicated friend).
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala


Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:01 am

done im still wearing teh gloves
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges   Today at 10:36 am

Back to top Go down
 
The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Gauntlet: a place to list special challenges
» Tournament List 2000pts
» Bathurst 14 Oct Entry List and Car Selection
» Special Rules in 6th Edition
» MW3 Perk List and Pro Perk Requirements

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii :: Monster Hunter 3 (Tri)-
Jump to: