Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Monster Hunter with voice commands on the 720?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Monster Hunter with voice commands on the 720?   Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:16 pm

So just stated a short while ago in an announcement for another game actually was:

"Capcom is going to bring a voice command/dynamic slash version of Monster Hunter to the new X-Box. Ninja Theory is also pitching Capcom an Onimusha sequel for Wii U/Omni/XBoxNext as a “Ookami with guts”.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ninja-theory-responds-to-ps4-wii-u-and-xbox-720-onimusha-rumors

I'm looking for More information on it now and will let you all know as soon as I find anything out.

What do you all think, I know many of you have been wanting an xbox MH for a long time!
Back to top Go down
parasky
Jaggi

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter with voice commands on the 720?   Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:59 pm

This better not be a Kinect game.
Back to top Go down
http://parasky.tumblr.com/
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter with voice commands on the 720?   Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:13 pm

We don't even know if the 720 will have something like Kinetic.. though I am sure it will.

I have looked around for more information... Other than that little bit which was stated (which seems to have been unintintional) Capcom is not commenting when asked and not to many other places have picked up on it yet.
Back to top Go down
parasky
Jaggi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter with voice commands on the 720?   Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:41 pm

To add to my thoughts, I think this rumour is defiantly fake as the Xbox is a commercial failure in Japan so not many Japanese developers make games for the systems.

Plus, the MH fanbase is huge in Japan and small-ish everywhere else, so releasing it on a Xbox is just a terrible idea. Also, voice commands never work and never will.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter with voice commands on the 720?   Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:45 pm

@parasky wrote:
To add to my thoughts, I think this rumour is defiantly fake as the Xbox is a commercial failure in Japan so not many Japanese developers make games for the systems.

Plus, the MH fanbase is huge in Japan and small-ish everywhere else, so releasing it on a Xbox is just a terrible idea. Also, voice commands never work and never will.

You know there has already been a very good selling game In japan on the XBox... and for Windows..

In fact it was only released in.. More or less in Japan, Monster Hunter Freedom Online.

So it's not really that unlikely for them to do an updated Sequal to the 360 version on the 720 with new play mechanics.
Back to top Go down
parasky
Jaggi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter with voice commands on the 720?   Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:19 pm

@dcj91x wrote:
@parasky wrote:

You know there has already been a very good selling game In japan on the XBox... and for Windows..

In fact it was only released in.. More or less in Japan, Monster Hunter Freedom Online.

So it's not really that unlikely for them to do an updated Sequel to the 360 version on the 720 with new play mechanics.

I could kind of see that happening. Putting something like monster hunter frontier 2 AND LOCALISING IT could be a good success for capcom, and might even makes the xbox more relevant and popular in Japan.
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios

Thank you Points : 129

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter with voice commands on the 720?   Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:02 am

First, TY dcj for always bringing us the latest in news for MH, and related information.

Given that any of the next Sony/Microsoft consoles are close to a year or more out, I feel that this could go either way. Depending on how those consoles pan out in final development, and their selection of voice command software, it could be win.

I'm with PS on voice commands usually sucking for any immediately practical uses. I was apalled at how piss-poor the Wii-Speak was, but I'll wait and see how well it works first-hand before making negative assumptions about it.

My greatest concern with any new console that gets a MH is the interface. I, personally, have a very deep dislike for the current XBox controllers.

Though it does say "Voice Command/Dynamic Slash". So I'm guessing they are going to try and get our asses off of the couch, again. Incorporating more motion controls could be fun, but likely will end up being cumbersome, just as in Tri. Ever tried to Counter-Lance with Wii-Mote/Chuck setup? You WILL hit yourself in the face!! (Not that I've done that.. <,< >.>)
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter with voice commands on the 720?   Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:59 pm

Putting a MH game IN ANY CONSOLE will make that console a must buy in Japan. Nintendo put this logic in good use with 3U which make the WiiU sale well, and the PSP got great attention due to the Freedom games being in this console.
So if they put MH in XBox it will be a huge sale... unless its a crappy kinect game.
I don't think Capcom would put MH in Xbox, I don't know, its a little risky, but they did it with Nintendo and it work so... time will have the last word.
I don't know how voice commands works but after playing Nintendogs I really feel like it needs improvement, not everybody say the words the same way and, for example: They release a MH game with some voice commands in English. So our subject 1 buys the game. Subject 1 lives in a spanish talking country and understands english well, HOWEVER, he still can talk english correctly, so when speaking the game may not understand it.
Well, thats what I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter with voice commands on the 720?   Today at 3:18 pm

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter with voice commands on the 720?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1