Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Is Power Phial really better than Element? - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Is Power Phial really better than Element? - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is Power Phial really better than Element?

Go down 
+9
TKMT
Ionisus
Atalanta
Antari18
laoshanicrus
Ataraxia
quidam
JFizzle
DanielisAwesome52
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Is Power Phial really better than Element? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Is Power Phial really better than Element?   Is Power Phial really better than Element? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:18 am

First topic message reminder :

I keep reading guides on the Switch AXE and everyone says the Power Phial is way more superior to the Element Phial. They all cite the stats and numbers, but none of them state personal experience.

I use Elemental mostly, and I can take down Offline monsters very quickly (just started High Rank, almost to 4*) but when I switched to Power Phials I started losing and it took way longer to kill things than with Element.

Haven't like documented exact times or weapons, but my most recent was with the Volt Axe (R) and High Bolt Axe, both have same initial Attack, High Bolt has Higher initial Element, and Power Phial, while Volt has slightly lower Element but an Element Phial

I got almost totally beaten by Rathian (in most recent experience) while using High Bolt, but barely took damage when using Volt. It took til about 20 min left to beat her with High Bolt but only like 15-20 in with Volt

So is Power Phial really better than Element? I know that element is calculated by division or something, but does elemental itself do more/different damage than raw output? For me with other weapons like Lance and Great Sword it seems the elemental ones always do better than non elemental with higher attack.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Is Power Phial really better than Element?   Is Power Phial really better than Element? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 4:10 pm

After using them both a bit more, I'm loving my High Bolt Axe. It has more base Thunder than Volt Red and the power does seem to break things faster, plus I'm not sure on all the math involved but it seems like the additional base element makes up what the Phial woould've given
Back to top Go down
Spiritlord
Popo
Spiritlord

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Is Power Phial really better than Element?   Is Power Phial really better than Element? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 6:10 am

TKMT wrote:
Ataraxia wrote:

As far as I know, the overhead slash to a side slash repeatedly with a power phial gives the most damage on a switch axe.
I don't think it is.
I find the rising slash and overhead combo to be both in faster execution and stronger in damage than overhead and side slash.

I find the side slash exlusively for quick swap to axe mode when your sword mode is nearly depleted.

You'd probably get the most damage overall by chaining in a side-slash after the rising slash, so that you can combo faster. This technique allows for the highest number of hits - it may or may not result in the highest net damage.

But yeah, it works best with a power phial. The elemental phial isn't bad, though, it's just not as good as the others.
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Is Power Phial really better than Element?   Is Power Phial really better than Element? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 6:16 am

DanielisAwesome52 wrote:
Ah I know I end up using it, just because I tend to button mash and get caught after combos, though I am looking forward to being able to cancel, that's when I get hit alot
On the demo of MH3U, button mashing doesn't start it up anymore, so you're safe now. :P
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Is Power Phial really better than Element?   Is Power Phial really better than Element? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 12:49 pm

Antari18 wrote:
Back to the topic:

What is better in your opinion on Jho and general - Thunderstrike (P) or Megavolt Axe (P). I always use G.I. but after reading conversation above I feel like trying thunder SWAX on Jho.

There is no opinion about it, of the two swaxes, Thunder strike P (even G) out performs Megavolt P.

Megavolt has 918 attack and 290 thunder

Thunder strike has 972 attack and 310 thunder

Element phial will give you a 58pt boost in element, raising your volt axe element to 348, but Power phial will do much more with a weapon that's already 10pts higher in true raw already.

G.I. isn't a bad choice either though XD.

Keep in mind though, that Power phial is JUST LIKE having Affinity with your weapon, except it's always there, and not random.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Power Phial really better than Element?   Is Power Phial really better than Element? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Power Phial really better than Element?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2