Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 
 

 Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
iJAM
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:51 pm

New weapon is called a charge axe and it has 2 modes:

Sword and shield:

-Fast continuous attacks.
-Capable of blocking
-Can build up energy by attacking that is stored in a bottle attached to the swords hilt.
-2 levels of charging. First the bottle begins to glow yellow then turns red.

Axe:
-Powerful with a long reach.
-Capable of unleashing the stored energy in the form of elemental attacks.
-Has a finishing attack that can stun monsters
-Switching between the two forms is in itself an attack


The new area is an ancient forest

Update 2:
Even more scans!
Spoiler:
 
Full scans here
Update:
Scans
Spoiler:
 


Last edited by iJAM on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Snagglux
Seltas


Thank you Points : 38

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:05 pm

We can haz sauce?
Back to top Go down
iJAM
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:17 pm

@Snagglux wrote:
We can haz sauce?

This,This and This...

Note: details might not be 100% accurate
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang


Thank you Points : 28

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:46 pm

Pics plz?
Back to top Go down
Anonymin
Melynx


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS/WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:21 pm

There are no pictures yet.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis


Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:56 pm

http://mobile.siliconera.com/siliconera/#!/entry/monster-hunter-4s-new-weapon-is-the-charge-axe,50c7bc69d7fc7b56709f03e2

Capcom did confirm it. But... Another switch axe... Thing?

And yes there are pictures...

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
SkyRaven
Jaggi


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:19 am

w8 what is that? i#'m totally confused
Back to top Go down
Ionisus
Popo


Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:31 am

@dcj91x wrote:
http://mobile.siliconera.com/siliconera/#!/entry/monster-hunter-4s-new-weapon-is-the-charge-axe,50c7bc69d7fc7b56709f03e2

Capcom did confirm it. But... Another switch axe... Thing?

And yes there are pictures...

Spoiler:
 

Looks kind of derpy, I'm not excited about the initial picture but hell I thought that way when the gun lance first came out on MH2
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos


Thank you Points : 45

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:57 am

/no/

I think they could have come up with something better, in fact I KNOW they could have come up with something better.
Back to top Go down
Anonymin
Melynx


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS/WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:15 am

The silhouette is not a picture. This is a picture:

http://gematsu.com/2012/12/monster-hunter-4-adds-charge-axe-weapon


I actually quite like the finished product, it looks neat. And I'm a fan of the sns, so an sns that can also do some heavy damage attacks is good news for me. Yes by vort

Edit: just noticed jam already edited first post. Darn.
Now we just have to wait for switch axe lances and switch axe hammers and switch axe long swords and switch axe dual swords and you get the idea. I don't mind there being another variant for the axe since they did the same with numerous other weapons. Also would like to add the glowy effects are cool, I hope it stays while running around with a fully charged axe and not just while attacking.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala


Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:11 am

So it a switch axe but instead of switching to a kinda great sword... it changes to a kinda sns?
Back to top Go down
Ionisus
Popo


Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:18 am

@Lalo wrote:
So it a switch axe but instead of switching to a kinda great sword... it changes to a kinda sns?

Your guess is as good as mine, I'm assuming its like a switch axe to a slower twohander of some sort but with explosive properties, perhaps ammo? I don't know it just looks...cheesy.
Back to top Go down
Vajra
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:16 am

switchaxe that gets stronger as you hit stuff and glows? super saiyan switchaxe may be cool.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas


Thank you Points : 12

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:23 am

Switch sns? Sounds... Strange.

Gotta see it in action to make my judgement.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis


Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:23 pm

This site had pictures on how the charge axe transforms and some views of both modes.

http://mobile.siliconera.com/siliconera/#!/entry/lets-see-how-monster-hunter-4s-charge-axe-transforms,50c85d17d7fc7b5670a0129a
Back to top Go down
iJAM
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:53 pm

@dcj91x wrote:
This site had pictures on how the charge axe transforms and some views of both modes.

http://mobile.siliconera.com/siliconera/#!/entry/lets-see-how-monster-hunter-4s-charge-axe-transforms,50c85d17d7fc7b5670a0129a
Full scans are in the link in the OP.
Back to top Go down
J-dawg79
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:01 am

they should have made a new ranged weapon. Or a whip or a fan if they really wanted to make a new melee weapon. But still a switch weapon that is similar to the Switch Axe, they could have at least made a switch hammer/lance. That would have been cool Sorry Im no artist and this is just an idea. Still have hope for this weapon though, just show me some awesome gameplay. /yes/
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:04 am

I'm seriously excited for a Switch SnS, I love the Switch Axe, but when I first started using it (and when transitioning back and forth from GS and Lance) I have the hardest time re-learning to dodge instead of block, having it shift into a shield will be awesome

Plus it sounds like the bottle (sounds alot like a phial) working in Axe mode is gonna be sweet
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:01 pm

Charge Axe in "Sword and Shield" mode looks like Skyward Sword with Hylian Shield. Since the series is now on Nintendo handhelds I won't be suprised if they implement it as some sort of event weapon.

As far as the Charge Axe is concerned it looks fun to use. Seeing silhouette I was hoping for some sort of Switch Hammer combination or GS+Hammer... but i'm still pleased. Looks like it's designed for more advanced, hardcore gamers while "insect pole" will caugh attention of casual players. I'm only suprised why it's another short range weapon instead of ranged one.

It would be interesting if after transformation weapon will change it's properties for instance in SnS mode you can apply status while in Axe mode you can deal regular dmg equal to SWAX. It would be great alternative for SWAX, but at the same time it will decrease the popularity of normal SnS.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
It's meh
Seregios


Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:51 pm

@Antari18 wrote:
Charge Axe in "Sword and Shield" mode looks like Skyward Sword with Hylian Shield. Since the series is now on Nintendo handhelds I won't be suprised if they implement it as some sort of event weapon.
That hylian shield is going to be HUGE XD


Quote :
As far as the Charge Axe is concerned it looks fun to use. Seeing silhouette I was hoping for some sort of Switch Hammer combination or GS+Hammer... but i'm still pleased. Looks like it's designed for more advanced, hardcore gamers while "insect pole" will caugh attention of casual players. I'm only suprised why it's another short range weapon instead of ranged one.
Just to let you know, I just put a strike through the stupid shit you just said.

Quote :
It would be interesting if after transformation weapon will change it's properties for instance in SnS mode you can apply status while in Axe mode you can deal regular dmg equal to SWAX. It would be great alternative for SWAX, but at the same time it will decrease the popularity of normal SnS.
The only way it will decrease the popularity of the normal SnS is if the sword mode of the charge axe is stronger than the regular sword and shield XD
And I don't doubt that will happen.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:09 pm

@It's meh wrote:
@Antari18 wrote:
Charge Axe in "Sword and Shield" mode looks like Skyward Sword with Hylian Shield. Since the series is now on Nintendo handhelds I won't be suprised if they implement it as some sort of event weapon.
That hylian shield is going to be HUGE XD


Um... no sir. It will have regular size.

@It's meh wrote:
Just to let you know, I just put a strike through the stupid shit you just said.
Yeah... right. The way they force player to use "insect pole" from the very beggining lead me to conclusion that it won't be very niche. You follow? So yeah

@It's meh wrote:
The only way it will decrease the popularity of the normal SnS is if the sword mode of the charge axe is stronger than the regular sword and shield XD
And I don't doubt that will happen.
Yeah thx captain for clearing that out. SnS still hold up one advantage - status. Even though Charge axe will be stronger in Sword mode, it won't replace SnS without abbility to efficiently status.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Will
Rathalos


Thank you Points : 45

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:00 am

@Antari18 wrote:
@It's meh wrote:
@Antari18 wrote:
Charge Axe in "Sword and Shield" mode looks like Skyward Sword with Hylian Shield. Since the series is now on Nintendo handhelds I won't be suprised if they implement it as some sort of event weapon.
That hylian shield is going to be HUGE XD


Um... no sir. It will have regular size.

@It's meh wrote:
Just to let you know, I just put a strike through the stupid shit you just said.
Yeah... right. The way they force player to use "insect pole" from the very beggining lead me to conclusion that it won't be very niche. You follow? So yeah

@It's meh wrote:
The only way it will decrease the popularity of the normal SnS is if the sword mode of the charge axe is stronger than the regular sword and shield XD
And I don't doubt that will happen.
Yeah thx captain for clearing that out. SnS still hold up one advantage - status. Even though Charge axe will be stronger in Sword mode, it won't replace SnS without abbility to efficiently status.
If any weapon is built for casuals/noobs its the lance

"Here, have a big freaking weapon with the best defense in the game and crazy DPS potential, go get em tiger, also if you don't scream and rage every time you jump in front of that guy with the LS who is actually going out of his way to avoid hitting you, then you aren't doing it right."
Back to top Go down
Arkenaw
Rhenoplos


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:07 am

Almost identical to switch axe. How disappointing Sad by vort
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/arkenaw#
parasky
Jaggi


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:46 am

@Will wrote:
@Antari18 wrote:
@It's meh wrote:
@Antari18 wrote:
Charge Axe in "Sword and Shield" mode looks like Skyward Sword with Hylian Shield. Since the series is now on Nintendo handhelds I won't be suprised if they implement it as some sort of event weapon.
That hylian shield is going to be HUGE XD


Um... no sir. It will have regular size.

@It's meh wrote:
Just to let you know, I just put a strike through the stupid shit you just said.
Yeah... right. The way they force player to use "insect pole" from the very beggining lead me to conclusion that it won't be very niche. You follow? So yeah

@It's meh wrote:
The only way it will decrease the popularity of the normal SnS is if the sword mode of the charge axe is stronger than the regular sword and shield XD
And I don't doubt that will happen.
Yeah thx captain for clearing that out. SnS still hold up one advantage - status. Even though Charge axe will be stronger in Sword mode, it won't replace SnS without abbility to efficiently status.
If any weapon is built for casuals/noobs its the lance

"Here, have a big freaking weapon with the best defense in the game and crazy DPS potential, go get em tiger, also if you don't scream and rage every time you jump in front of that guy with the LS who is actually going out of his way to avoid hitting you, then you aren't doing it right."

Still requires more skill than tap R to win and dodge crap. TrollJho

Anyway, this weapon looks kind of interesting, although I'm scared it might replace the Switch Axe.
Back to top Go down
http://parasky.tumblr.com/
It's meh
Seregios


Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:54 am

@Antari18 wrote:


*snip*

Um... no sir. It will have regular size.

Why wiki forum user, I was completely under the assumption that you were talking about the shield from Skyward sword.. Oh, no wait..
That's completely irrelevant since the shield in your picture just posted still doesn't equal the massive size of the shield the hunter holds in MH4.

Where as the picture you showed can have the shield reach half of links miniature body, the shield of the Hunter is actually bigger than half of his size.

The shield will be bigger than it is in zelda games if the thing is going to be for the charge axe.
:D




@It's meh wrote:
Just to let you know, I just put a strike through the stupid shit you just said.
Quote :
Yeah... right. The way they force player to use "insect pole" from the very beggining lead me to conclusion that it won't be very niche. You follow? So yeah
Woah woah woooooohohohoa...
From the beginning? Force? FORCE?
I ask, no... BEG, I BEG for any other member on this site to hand me this information about this game.
I'd LOVE to know how this person knows this, and I'd like to have my chance to play this thing.
Searching hasn't told me jack about this, but hey, if YOU yourself could back this up, then hey, we could talk about this some more.

@It's meh wrote:
The only way it will decrease the popularity of the normal SnS is if the sword mode of the charge axe is stronger than the regular sword and shield XD
And I don't doubt that will happen.
you wrote:
Yeah thx captain for clearing that out.

Why, you are most welcome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!   Today at 3:50 am

Back to top Go down
 
Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Charge Axe detailed + new area revealed!
» Secret Place Revealed!
» Charge, Magic, and Overrun?
» New Kirby Wii Game Revealed.
» Fleeing as a charge reaction

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: 3DS :: Monster Hunter 4/MH4Ultimate-
Jump to: