Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

MH Strategy Guides? Retail kind not actually help now kinds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: MH Strategy Guides? Retail kind not actually help now kinds   Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:11 am

Are there retail Strategy Guides like Prima and such for Monster Hunter?

When I'm playing Tri and I just need a quick lookup like how to combine something simple and I haven't pre-made it yet, or I want to know what path to upgrade a weapon along so I don't waste materials

it would be nice to have a a physical book to just flip to that page and keep open while I grind and such, since my comp is old and makes terrible noise while eating up my network connection for no good reason
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 281

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: MH Strategy Guides? Retail kind not actually help now kinds   Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:32 pm

print out a walkthrough
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH Strategy Guides? Retail kind not actually help now kinds   Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:36 pm

I don't have the Ink to print exactly what I want, although a text one would help a bit

I really just need something in the format like the wiki has, Weapon trees laid out by order of upgrades, needed materials, and pictures. I had one when I player FFXIII and it helped SOOO much, just being able to take a larger look at where I was, in book form helped when I got stuck, or wanted to grind a bit
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH Strategy Guides? Retail kind not actually help now kinds   Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:46 pm

here you go

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=monster+hunter+tri+weapons+walkthrough
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH Strategy Guides? Retail kind not actually help now kinds   Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:56 pm

Yeah I know that, I go to the Wiki alot and look it up when I'm making a weapon I've never made before

I'm asking if anyone knows about real physical book strategy guides that are for purchase. Its a hassle to always have my comp open, and I cannot keep it on when I play online, it kills my network for some stupid reason

I also checked Google, Amazon, and Prima's site to see if they sold em, couldn't find any. I do tend to check the internet alot, but when games first comes out it seems like not a single being out of the whole 311,591,917 population of the US has ever heard of the game, nor has put up decent guides.

Also I know that the wiki is working to get a list of weapons up for Ultimate/3G, and there are whole sites with lists from 3G, but they're in Japanese and Google translate doesn't do that great with the names and stuff. I'm sure by Ultimate's release we'll have a coherent listing up and running but it wouldn't hurt to have a real physical book to just flip open whenever you need a quick answer
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH Strategy Guides? Retail kind not actually help now kinds   Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:04 pm

thats why you dont have your comp open, you priiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiint ittttttttttttttttttttt
Spoiler:

for 5000 dollars less than a strategy guide

also, i am looking and it doesnt look like there is a good strategy guide out there for it, unless you want japanese stuff. looks like printing something onto paper and reading it on the couch is the next best option.

Erroredit: Please use spoilers to avoid stretching the page.....
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH Strategy Guides? Retail kind not actually help now kinds   Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:08 pm

Actually I'm sure a 15-20$ guide will be ALOT cheaper than all the paper and ink I need to print it.

I wonder if requests can be made to sites like Prima (I'm drawing a blank on other strategy guide companies, not trying to promote Prima) and they'll write one, or if they could make partnerships with wikis to make guides
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH Strategy Guides? Retail kind not actually help now kinds   Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:18 pm

you can print 20 pages of pure text (you know, the format every single walkthrough and online strategy guide is in, like this one
http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/943655-monster-hunter-tri/faqs/60390
) for nothing, since you can print in general around 800 pages of black text with a standard cartridge that costs 25-30 dollars, meaning these 20 pages costed in total 62.5 cents to print

twenty pages of blank paper is negligible in cost, and you could use scrap paper with one side still blank, which you undoubtably have somewhere

also, look, every text walkthrough you ever need
http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/943655-monster-hunter-tri/faqs
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH Strategy Guides? Retail kind not actually help now kinds   Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:43 pm

I would still prefer a full Strategy guide, especially for a new game, if I really really wanted to I would print, but again my question is about retail strategy guides not alternatives to the retail guide

and again it would be for convenience and simplicities sake, It's not like it would hurt the community to have a physical strategy guide available, especially if there was a way for the wiki to cooperate with a well known company to produce one
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH Strategy Guides? Retail kind not actually help now kinds   Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:50 pm

i know you want a real strategy guide, but there isn't one (not one that I can locate anyhow), so maybe using an alternative that actually exists would be best

if a strategy guide company wanted to make a strategy guide for it, they would use their standard procedure in order to produce a strategy guide rather than relying on external sources that are not completely reliable

also, to produce a commercial product they need support from capcom in some form

Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH Strategy Guides? Retail kind not actually help now kinds   Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:56 pm

Yeah, but what if a wiki community approached the company? then even though the company doesn't need the outside assistance, they would have it, and they would have no effort on their part, which I know would mean less cost, and more profit (fun words to executive ears)

I'm sure with a guide company's support getting Capcom"s support to release something that could only make them money, especially if its supported by the only competition a physical guide would have (an online wiki/guide) they wouldn't have too many objections

And although Nintendo tried to put the vice on things like PokeDroid and Serebii, I don't know how against online communities Capcom
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: MH Strategy Guides? Retail kind not actually help now kinds   Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:54 pm

Hi Daniel, there is actual information on this in the "Important Links" section.

Just look around the forum you may find the information to a lot of questions you ask...

http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t8729-my-fair-hunter

"My Fair Hunter"

Provides a Basic but pretty comprehensive guide to all things MH.

There are also Monster Hunter Art Books (oficial) ones out that offer information on some of the monsters. More eclogy but still pretty nice.

Your best bet though if you are wanting to find something well writen and willing to pay for it are these options.

Also in the "important link" section is http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t8640-monsterhunter-newscom

there you will find: http://monsterhunternews.com/2012/11/monster-hunter-cg-artwork-2-book-japan/

This is the Art Book #2 selling Currently in Japan. The first one is sold here in the West.

Hope this Information is relevent (site related) and helps you out!
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH Strategy Guides? Retail kind not actually help now kinds   Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:14 pm

i was under the conviction that he was looking for strategy guides...not artbooks O_o

anyways danielisawesome, here is unfortunately not the place to tell someone to make a strategy guide on behalf of monster hunter wiki, you should mail the true admins of the wiki (I don't think they come on this forum to be honest)

(although I can see the response being like "hi, you can click this button on the wiki to get a printer friendly version blah blah print it out blah blah there you go")

btw welcome to the forums

also, dcj the first one you posted is a general monster hunter guide that talks about the basics of the mh games overall, it doesn't focus specifically on armors within tri or the specifics of the game he is looking for information about.

It is pretty cool though :D

Last edited by Vortiene on Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH Strategy Guides? Retail kind not actually help now kinds   Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:18 pm

Vort, PLease read first Link. It does not talk about an art book but an actual guide. Thanks.

Edit:

Let me specify for clarity,

the one on My Fair Hunter (which I will not directly link to due to being a Paid advertisement) is mostly a beginers guide but does offer quite a lot of information.

Unfortunately the only actual guides are Japanease. MFH does have many "simi official" and approved materials from MH in it and is a great guide for both new and long time players of MH.

The best Guides for those in the west aside from this unfortunately are found online, in iphone apps or videos and in the new section here on the forum we are working on that contains both video and written information.

http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/c20-monster-hunter-game-guides

One of the biggest problems you will find however is that a lot of information differs from Game to game even for Monsters and weapons and armors.. So aside from things like the Wikia and MFH's guide you will have to find Game spacific information.

Also with games such as Tri that will most likely see more limited or shutting down of servers after March, many guides may be irrelevent after that time.
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH Strategy Guides? Retail kind not actually help now kinds   Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:00 pm

I know I said Strategy Guide but I didn't actually mean I need help

I'm actually watching through My Fair Hunter, since I started a new chara for fun its actually really cool to see someone else grow through the game

The reason I'd like a physical book is just for quick reference when I make armor or weapons, like to give me a heads up on making different branches. I know I can do that online, it would just be nice to have a non-electronic dependant guide, plus a book is ridiculously faster than my comp, and doesn;t eat away at my internet connection even when everything's closed on it

I'm realizing us westerners are without a paddle when it comes to official MH support, still I figured a question on the forums would garner more answers than a cruddy Google search

but again it wasn't the Help I'm looking for, I'm getting pretty good on my own, it was a in print coherent and visual listing of each weapon and item in book form
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH Strategy Guides? Retail kind not actually help now kinds   Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:12 pm

@DanielisAwesome52 wrote:
I know I said Strategy Guide but I didn't actually mean I need help

I'm actually watching through My Fair Hunter, since I started a new chara for fun its actually really cool to see someone else grow through the game

The reason I'd like a physical book is just for quick reference when I make armor or weapons, like to give me a heads up on making different branches. I know I can do that online, it would just be nice to have a non-electronic dependant guide, plus a book is ridiculously faster than my comp, and doesn;t eat away at my internet connection even when everything's closed on it

I'm realizing us westerners are without a paddle when it comes to official MH support, still I figured a question on the forums would garner more answers than a cruddy Google search

but again it wasn't the Help I'm looking for, I'm getting pretty good on my own, it was a in print coherent and visual listing of each weapon and item in book form

There is, as of now, December the 14th, 2012, no physical guide which contains details along the lines of armor/weapon build requirements, or weapon trees. Vortiene's option suggestion of printing one off is the closest you are going to get to a physical copy of what you are looking for.

The My Fair Hunter book is mainly for helping beginners get used to the game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
Ionisus
Popo

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: MH Strategy Guides? Retail kind not actually help now kinds   Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:29 am

This is how I do it man, I have my dinky little laptop on my table next to my TV. I have a folder of favorites for everything, the item combination lists, weapon trees, monster hit zone figures, anything I can quickly look up while fighting or waiting in the tavern. It's all in how much you want to research to save a buck. Sounds like you won't get that guide you're looking for but the resources and knowledge is out there. The wiki will have most of your info, just favorite the URLs and format your browser to make short work of it. If all else fails then just write down what you think will be your most important notes and have that in front of you and then tab it, this isn't rocket surgery.

Being in the military, there is only one golden rule for everything. "Adapt and overcome."

...and don't f%#$ up.
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios

Thank you Points : 129

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

PostSubject: Re: MH Strategy Guides? Retail kind not actually help now kinds   Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:05 am

Another suggestion would be to open the guides/ Wiki/Wikias that you plan on using, then Unplug/Disable your computer's internet connection. Just don't navigate away from the guides or whatever once you have them open.

Taht will save you the costs of printing and of looking for something that doesn't exist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MH Strategy Guides? Retail kind not actually help now kinds   Today at 3:45 am

Back to top Go down

MH Strategy Guides? Retail kind not actually help now kinds
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1