Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

Barioth vs Tigrex vs Nargacuga

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Who would win in a deathmatch? Barioth, Tigrex, or Nargacuga?
Barioth
11%
 11% [ 5 ]
Tigrex
60%
 60% [ 28 ]
Nargacuga
29%
 29% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 47

AuthorMessage
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Barioth vs Tigrex vs Nargacuga   Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

As a continue from my "Deviljho vs Rajang" thread (which is currently tied in votes), I decided to make a thread for a battle that I think many people would like to see.

A deathmatch between the 3 pseudo-wyverns of monster hunter... or at least the well-known ones, I'm not sure if there's more...

Anyway, my vote would be Nargacuga because of his sheer combo speed in rage mode.

But there's an argument for all three, Tigrex being ridiclously fast and hitting like a fright train, Barioth for his tricky patterns and middle damage, Nargacuga, as I said before, for his quick patterns and damage in rage mode.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Otoshimo
Seregios

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Barioth vs Tigrex vs Nargacuga   Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:13 pm

the game list it as flying wyverns.
Capcom has officially classified a genus in the flying wyverns family called Quadrupedal/Pseudo Wyverns. I can't think of which one states it (because I have a life) but there are a few of these that use the term in their notes.
The current roster of pseudo-wyverns as is are Barioth, Nargacuga, Tigrex, gigginox,akantor, Ukanlos, Dyuragaua, Hyujikiki, Odeibatorasu, Pariapuria, and their corresponding subspecies. Only 3 of the above have no wings and therefore are a sorts of link between Pseudos ang Fanged Wyverns, not being such due to their physiology.

yea, the biology is the only reason why I like monster hunter so I've invested the time to research all this. Point is, all 3 are of the same genus; Pseudos 'vrns.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Barioth vs Tigrex vs Nargacuga   Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:37 pm

Tigrex would never be able to beat narga, his main attack, I believe, is charging, but narga can jump ALOT so would wear him out by dodging his attacks (bull-fighting style)
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Barioth vs Tigrex vs Nargacuga   Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:33 pm

@otot: Thank you for explaining that to my simple mind. Lol I think I've focused too much on other aspects of Monster Hunter.

@pumpkimslayer: You realize jumping also requires energy it's a matter of who will tire out first if we go by just those two attributes. You have to look at their strengths and weaknesses, weapons(fangs, tails, claws their physiology in other words), attack patterns, and health which one can take more abuse without having to limp away to save it's skin.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Barioth vs Tigrex vs Nargacuga   Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:57 pm

@Yuki wrote:
@otot: Thank you for explaining that to my simple mind. Lol I think I've focused too much on other aspects of Monster Hunter.

@pumpkimslayer: You realize jumping also requires energy it's a matter of who will tire out first if we go by just those two attributes. You have to look at their strengths and weaknesses, weapons(fangs, tails, claws their physiology in other words), attack patterns, and health which one can take more abuse without having to limp away to save it's skin.

1) no problem. it's more fun to me studying the science of monsters than playing the game. but that goes without saying as a kaijutologist XD

2) there's that... and there's the approach that we justified upon the Rajang/Deviljho thread; taking the monsters out of video game terms and judging on how the combatants stack up in biological standpoints in a real word scenario.

based off of their individual statistics (which I doubt anyone would care for my long ass evaluations on the 3 Pseud'vrns so i'll wait until someone opposes to draft that here) Tigrex would be most dominant via 1v1 matches. in 3v3 rumbles, barioth jumps up to par with its superior flight capabilities at hand. but with that said, tigrex still hold a slightly higher ratio of victors. Narga would be most unlikely to victor due to it's falley in strength opposed to the other 2 quadrapedal dragons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
MGRaiden97
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Barioth vs Tigrex vs Nargacuga   Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:55 pm

@Otoshimo wrote:
@MGRaiden97 wrote:

Barioth is just an ugly turd to me. Copy of the Naruga.

minus the part where Barioth is completely different from narga excluding the fact they are pseudo-wyverns... -_-
It is very much like the naruga. Only difference, is he is an element. Same fighting style, same main moves.

@Yuki wrote:
Unlike narga or tigrex it actively flies during a hunt unlike them that always stay grounded when they fly at you.
A low height flight, is just an easy tackle out of the air. And as with every monster that constantly flies *Ahen* 1st gen los, they are categorized as a P&$$y.

But really he doesn't fly that much anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barioth vs Tigrex vs Nargacuga   Today at 5:42 am

Back to top Go down

Barioth vs Tigrex vs Nargacuga
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2