Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!


Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 
 

 Blast/slime element!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis


Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Blast/slime element!   Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:22 pm

So.. One of the new game elements in MH3U is the Blast element from Brachydios.

There has actually been a lot of talk over how powerful this element makes weapons in the game and if it will get over used or not...

well lets find out if it's any good..

Using a Keldi bow and blast:



Hmm.. that was quick.. but that was just one example of course not all missions or players or weapons are the same.

I do think the blast effect lowers the sharpness of weapons quicker however as a drawback so keep that in mind.

Let's look at another weapon with blast in the hands of a single fairly skilled player:



Yea... still pretty quick battle...

But for comparison sake lets look at one without the blast effect:



In both of these last two videos it's the same hunter using a Hunting horn. In the first one he fights a Los and some other monsters with the Blast added and in the second one he fights a Pink Ian without the blast..

In the end though I Guess Though the blast effect is powerful and with a whole group of people using it it can quite effective, it does not overall change the full game mechanics or the way MH is played.. There will still be many that choose not to use it in favor of other skills or elements.

What do you all think? Would you use it because it's a good skill or do you think it's a game breaking addition? Will it be overused by new and old players and what weapons will we see it used on the most?


Last edited by dcj91x on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arkenaw
Rhenoplos


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:57 pm

From what I've read, it's almost game-breakingly powerful and the blast doesn't affect fellow hunters, there's pretty much no reason to use anything else since blast is effective for all monsters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/arkenaw#
Snagglux
Seltas


Thank you Points : 38

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:31 pm

If Blast element is as OP as people are saying I'll probably use it once or twice, laugh at how cheesy it is and rarely use it again. There are some games where I just love being as cheesy as possible but, in Monster Hunter, part of the reason I'm there is to challenge myself. If something in the game near enough trivializes anything that gets thrown at me, I want to avoid it as much as possible.

@dcj91x wrote:
in the second one he fights a stronger Los without the blast.
That's a Pink Rathian, bro.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis


Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:46 pm

@Snagglux wrote:
If Blast element is as OP as people are saying I'll probably use it once or twice, laugh at how cheesy it is and rarely use it again. There are some games where I just love being as cheesy as possible but, in Monster Hunter, part of the reason I'm there is to challenge myself. If something in the game near enough trivializes anything that gets thrown at me, I want to avoid it as much as possible.

@dcj91x wrote:
in the second one he fights a stronger Los without the blast.
That's a Pink Rathian, bro.

Lol.. you are correct... I was not paying much attention. Post corrected. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:01 pm

Yes it does indeed tear stuff up. I downed the G-rank White Lagiacrus in about 15 minutes using the rare6 Bracchidios SnS (with fairly unsuitable armor to boot)

good stuff breh
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang


Thank you Points : 28

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:43 pm

Holy crap, it sort of seems that once you get brachi weapons you're set for life
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:43 pm

This will make monster farming a lot easier though.

That kelbi bow is gonna be the panacea for monster breaks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
JFizzle
Seregios


Thank you Points : 129

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:31 am

I think it looks like it pwns, but I would have to use it on weps that I'm familiar with to get a full understanding of how I feel about it. It does look a tad over-powered.

Those HH look like they're alot of fun. I'm definitely looking forward to trying those out!

Dude in the 2nd vid was pretty skilled. He manipulated that Los expertly. Gotta love the KO as Los tried to rush him too.
Back to top Go down
Chriz
Rathian


Thank you Points : 61

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:56 am

I honestly can't say i like this element as it doesn't fit into the style of game-play that I expect from a MH game. There's no strategy or creative way in its usage at all you literally walk in there smack a monster a few times and it dies (great example is the first video where they just sat there and stun locked narga to death).

It probably wouldn't be that bad if some monsters were resistant to it like the other elements or if it had more negative drawbacks but it doesn't. Its like getting anguish on tri except its like for every weapon now. Perhaps they'll patch it later so its not over abused but we'll just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Arkenaw
Rhenoplos


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:20 pm

I hope the buffs on the brachy HH are good or will end up not using it, element is meh when horning, which can lead to some awkward fights.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/arkenaw#
Ares
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:08 pm

@Chriz wrote:
I honestly can't say i like this element as it doesn't fit into the style of game-play that I expect from a MH game. There's no strategy or creative way in its usage at all you literally walk in there smack a monster a few times and it dies (great example is the first video where they just sat there and stun locked narga to death).

It probably wouldn't be that bad if some monsters were resistant to it like the other elements or if it had more negative drawbacks but it doesn't. Its like getting anguish on tri except its like for every weapon now. Perhaps they'll patch it later so its not over abused but we'll just have to wait and see.

It would also be neat if for online, there was a way to set quests to where the slime element is banned, so everyone has to bring something else, in case you want to have a fun, challenging quest over a quick quest.

But I definitely think the slime element is going to help out with farming, a lot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
Will
Rathalos


Thank you Points : 45

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:02 pm

@Ares wrote:
@Chriz wrote:
I honestly can't say i like this element as it doesn't fit into the style of game-play that I expect from a MH game. There's no strategy or creative way in its usage at all you literally walk in there smack a monster a few times and it dies (great example is the first video where they just sat there and stun locked narga to death).

It probably wouldn't be that bad if some monsters were resistant to it like the other elements or if it had more negative drawbacks but it doesn't. Its like getting anguish on tri except its like for every weapon now. Perhaps they'll patch it later so its not over abused but we'll just have to wait and see.

It would also be neat if for online, there was a way to set quests to where the slime element is banned, so everyone has to bring something else, in case you want to have a fun, challenging quest over a quick quest.

But I definitely think the slime element is going to help out with farming, a lot.
Or they could just nerf it. I highly doubt capcom intended for it to be as OP as it is so maybe instead of giving us the option to ban it maybe they should just tone it down a bit to make it more balanced.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:18 am

If that Slime element is as really powerful as it looks, then that's not going to be any fun. Its one thing to speedrun with a status gunner, but to speedrun with those bow things and staggering it over and over looks like its gonna take the fun out of the game. I mean, you have to get a good group of guys to speedrun something in tri. However, in Ultimate, it looks like all you need is one horn hammerer with that slime element and he'll finish you the quest in no time. I hope the los he was fighting was really weak in comparison to a lot of the other monsters in Ultimate.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:33 am

@E&Troy wrote:
If that Slime element is as really powerful as it looks, then that's not going to be any fun. Its one thing to speedrun with a status gunner, but to speedrun with those bow things and staggering it over and over looks like its gonna take the fun out of the game. I mean, you have to get a good group of guys to speedrun something in tri. However, in Ultimate, it looks like all you need is one horn hammerer with that slime element and he'll finish you the quest in no time. I hope the los he was fighting was really weak in comparison to a lot of the other monsters in Ultimate.

But, again, how much easier is farming for those pain in the ass items gonna be?

Sure ill fight each monster without slime the first time or two, but since the game offers it, I'm not gonna say no to a little time saver.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
Gilgames
Melynx


Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:48 am

This will be something like clust gunning and sleep bombing if the blast element is that overpowered. It's faster, it's easier, it's fun the first two times, but it's not real hunting.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala


Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:54 am

I can already picture everyone with their slime element longsword and just with their slime element longsword,

does it fall on the status category?

and a question... on P3 you could turn agna parts soft again by a bomb or a shot from a gunlance, the slime element will have that effect?
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios


Thank you Points : 129

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:08 am

Let's evaluate it in the context of goals at given points during progression and then play:
Progression:
 
Play:
 

Not that I'm all for easy Hunts or anything resembling OHKO's, but if we're chasing the Proverbial Carrot (Rewards Screen) and some people are extremely impatient (Hence part of the reason for Hax and Rant threads), then OP weps are for them. For the rest of us, there is the option of more reasonable equips and more challenging hunts.

IMO, the whole idea behind solo'ing is to maximise the challenge and your one-on-one time with the Mob of your choice. Hence the reason for Naked Hunts, Soloing of Elder Dragons and other instances of Badassery born of Complacency due to Monotony.

My $0.02 anyways.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang


Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:10 pm

I was talking to a friend that has the game and said blast is powerful yes but one weapon solves all. Sure we have seen all these hunts with slime weapons but I have seen equally as many from other weapons. We will not truly know how over powered they will be if even.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:33 pm

@Yuki wrote:
I was talking to a friend that has the game and said blast is powerful yes but one weapon solves all. Sure we have seen all these hunts with slime weapons but I have seen equally as many from other weapons. We will not truly know how over powered they will be if even.

Yuki i have to strongly disagree with you I know girl thats imported and 2 friends that live/recently moved to japan & have the game. All 3 of them feel blast is over powered compared to conventional hunting methods.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
JFizzle
Seregios


Thank you Points : 129

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:35 pm

@Otoshimo wrote:
Spoiler:
 
This is a tad off-topic, but I'm curious how your friends moved to Japan. Everything that I've read online about Japan's immigration policies give me the impression that citizenship/residency there is very hard to obtain. From what I understand, (barring a very few other speial circumstances) you either have to marry in or be stationed there for military service.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis


Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:41 am

^ You can (MOVE) there and not be a citizen. You can move to any country for work/or other reason and not be a citizen (personal experiance).

On topic:

Blast/Slime is ppowerful but I think A lot of people are missin the fact the in the videos shown are.. well 1. very god players and 2. most of the weapons in MH3U once you get G rank are Overpowered.

Look at most Videos of Hunters using G rank weapons against anything not G Rank for one or a very skilled player with G rank weapons against G rank quests..

Though you may get a lot of people playing with the new shiny stuff because they feel it's powerfull MH3U does have a more variety and assortment of stuff than games before it overall and I think (IMO) more for differnt peoples likes..

Granted you are going to get those who net deck use the same set because they are told it's the best but more experianced and long time players I think will have a variety of equipments/weapons and skills that will all be differnt and powerful in their own ways.
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:45 am

It's a real head ache to focus on elemental requirements when fighting monsters. Considering blast 'element' (status??) is the same damage against all monsters I don't see why it should be nerfed to suit other weapons inconsistencies.

This is of course all based on videos on youtube. I'd like to see a side by side comparison of the best elemental pick vs. blast.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios


Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:43 am

@Jader7777 wrote:
It's a real head ache to focus on elemental requirements when fighting monsters. Considering blast 'element' (status??) is the same damage against all monsters I don't see why it should be nerfed to suit other weapons inconsistencies.

This is of course all based on videos on youtube. I'd like to see a side by side comparison of the best elemental pick vs. blast.

I like to think of it as a status, just by the way it's inflicted the same way as paralysis, sleep, and poison. :D
Except it may be the better damaging status XD
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang


Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:48 pm

Well... Pretty much what dcj said is the reason I plan on running through the game on the 3DS first so I can build my own strqtegy and weapon choice so I will not have to listen to all the more ezperienced players and have my weapon choices limited. I feel blast us getting someehat of a bad name as an overpowered possibly overused status until we get hads on experience we can not judge what we see as undesputeable truth.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos


Thank you Points : 60

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:04 pm

Having a weapon with Blast Status won't prevent from getting hit and killed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Today at 7:18 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Blast/slime element!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Blast/slime element!
» Slime weapons in mh4?
» Power Phial vs Element
» goldbeard ceadeus help
» Bow Guide: Fun with Arrows!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii U :: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate-
Jump to: