Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help

Go down 
+2
BoredForLife
GrashXL002
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help Empty
PostSubject: Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help   Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 8:59 am

Guides, equipment suggestions, stuff to bring, ANYTHING. I just need help with these quests.

Land of the tremors - I already know what equipment I'm using, I just need suggestions for how to fight them, because the 2nd Tigrex keeps coming before I kill the 1st Tigrex.

Fire ring, Lunar ring

Attack of the Rajang

(9* Nekoht)

Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help   Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 10:47 am

pfff the double tigrex quest is really a pain.
Now I suggest you paintball the one that you find first. Then when the other one comes in the area (and it WILL come in the area before you can finish the first) leave and wait till the paintballed one moves out of the area. Follow it and fight until the other one comes again. Repeat , repeat , repeat until the first one is dead. Then hope it didnt murder you and go for the next one.

Fire ring Lunar ring is the gold ian silver los right? If yes then i guess the devil slicer ls are good for this too. Again IMO , taking them both on at the same time , is not such a good idea. I would take the ian on first and then the los.

Attack of the rajang : I would suggest an ice ds. Attack the head mostly... I dont think traps work on him (he jumps back and electric balls them)so dont bother with them.

Now on the first two take shock traps and materials to make shock traps. Maybe a demondrug if you want a boost in attack. And well , certainly mega potions and max ones.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help   Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 9:22 am

bring dungbombs to the quests with two monsters. so you won't have to wait for them to leave.

for rajang: shocktraps work on him, but you can only trap him in a pitfall if he's rage (or not rage sorry I'm not sure atm. just go and look it up in the wiki)
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help   Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 6:30 am

Fire Ring, Lunar Ring: Very easy for me.
Go for the Silver Rathalos first in area 5, fight him as normal. Once you get to the cornfields in area 3, stay in the lower right corner, away from Golden Rathian. Don't worry about her seeing you, she's derpy and will look away from you. Just don't paintball her or let her get hit by a fireball, because she'll probably come after you. If you're not confident you can stay away from Rathian, just use a Dung Bomb.
Once you finish off Silver Rathalos (I usually kill him after he flees again), head for Golden Rathian and fight her as you usually would.

Attack of the Rajang: Oh boy.
I used Narga S and the Lao-Shan Cannon. I used a Power Barrel, but you may prefer a shield for insurance against some of Rajang's attacks.
Just use Normal S Lv2, Crag S Lv3 and Clust S Lv3 and Pellet Lv3.
(Don't use Normal S Lv3, it sucks for Rajang as it's unlikely to hit him multiple times)
KEEP LEFT. When you can, dodge clockwise (left around Rajang), you'll be out of the way of the zig-zag attack. The fact that you have Evade Distance Up and Constitution +2 means you can move around Rajang almost effortlessly.
Just be careful you don't get hit, especially since you're vulnerable to Thunder (most people seem to forget that Thunder is Narga's second weakness. I know I did)
And yes, you can Pitfall Trap a Rajang, so long as it's raging.

Land of the Tremors: meep.
I used Hunting Horn personally, due to the movement speed while unsheathed using Self-Improvement and how quickly I can snap off a Superpound. However I can see something else work well enough. (Lance, for example)
I know how risky it is to stay in one area with 2 monsters, but I'm stubborn like that. I just attack a monster where possible and run around.
But yeah, either run around or away when the Tigrex Twins are together.
Use shock traps!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help   Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 8:55 am

Mr Stark wrote:
Fire Ring, Lunar Ring: Very easy for me.
Go for the Silver Rathalos first in area 5, fight him as normal. Once you get to the cornfields in area 3, stay in the lower right corner, away from Golden Rathian. Don't worry about her seeing you, she's derpy and will look away from you. Just don't paintball her or let her get hit by a fireball, because she'll probably come after you. If you're not confident you can stay away from Rathian, just use a Dung Bomb.
Once you finish off Silver Rathalos (I usually kill him after he flees again), head for Golden Rathian and fight her as you usually would.

Attack of the Rajang: Oh boy.
I used Narga S and the Lao-Shan Cannon. I used a Power Barrel, but you may prefer a shield for insurance against some of Rajang's attacks.
Just use Normal S Lv2, Crag S Lv3 and Clust S Lv3 and Pellet Lv3.
(Don't use Normal S Lv3, it sucks for Rajang as it's unlikely to hit him multiple times)
KEEP LEFT. When you can, dodge clockwise (left around Rajang), you'll be out of the way of the zig-zag attack. The fact that you have Evade Distance Up and Constitution +2 means you can move around Rajang almost effortlessly.
Just be careful you don't get hit, especially since you're vulnerable to Thunder (most people seem to forget that Thunder is Narga's second weakness. I know I did)
And yes, you can Pitfall Trap a Rajang, so long as it's raging.

Land of the Tremors: meep.
I used Hunting Horn personally, due to the movement speed while unsheathed using Self-Improvement and how quickly I can snap off a Superpound. However I can see something else work well enough. (Lance, for example)
I know how risky it is to stay in one area with 2 monsters, but I'm stubborn like that. I just attack a monster where possible and run around.
But yeah, either run around or away when the Tigrex Twins are together.
Use shock traps!

Ok, I'm free balling land of the tremors with my ceanataur s and true devil slicer, I'm bringing 4 traps and a crap ton of bombs.

Rajang question, Empr lao-shan cannon or normal? Because I REALLY don't want to farm ash lao-shan to get the empr lao-shan cannon. Another question: stay to Rajang's left or my left?

As for fire ring, lunar ring, what should I bring equipment-wise?
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help   Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:17 am

GrashXL002 wrote:

As for fire ring, lunar ring, what should I bring equipment-wise?

lightning element and good sharpness
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help   Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 7:06 am

The Emperor version is overall better for raw, but I used the normal one. Considering how ranged weapons by nature have low Raw, Affinity doesn't have much sway over bows and bowguns. And even then Reckless Abandon+1 cancels it out.

Rajang: Your left.

Fire Ring, Lunar Ring: True Devil Slicer is just awesome for this. Considering Silver and Gold are weaker to Thunder than Dragon (opposed to the other Raths, where Thunder is their second weakness), and the fact that a Long Sword will easily reach all the way up to the wings, this makes it pretty easy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help   Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 11:02 am

Mr Stark wrote:
The Emperor version is overall better for raw, but I used the normal one. Considering how ranged weapons by nature have low Raw, Affinity doesn't have much sway over bows and bowguns. And even then Reckless Abandon+1 cancels it out.

Rajang: Your left.

Fire Ring, Lunar Ring: True Devil Slicer is just awesome for this. Considering Silver and Gold are weaker to Thunder than Dragon (opposed to the other Raths, where Thunder is their second weakness), and the fact that a Long Sword will easily reach all the way up to the wings, this makes it pretty easy.

I thought Rathian was weak to ice and dragon in mhfu?
Back to top Go down
Kaz
Aptonoth
Kaz

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help   Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 1:38 pm

Nope. Same in every game.

Ian - dragon then thunder
Gold Ian - thunder then water
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help   Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 5:00 pm

Kaz wrote:
Nope. Same in every game.

Ian - dragon then thunder
Gold Ian - thunder then water

But the wiki says Dragon then Ice.

I've never known the wiki to be wrong...
Back to top Go down
Kaz
Aptonoth
Kaz

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help   Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 6:32 pm

You must be looking at the wrong wiki, because both say exactly what I stated. Can you link to the page?
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help   Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 6:46 pm

Kaz wrote:
You must be looking at the wrong wiki, because both say exactly what I stated. Can you link to the page?
<---- Derp

It wasn't the wiki... xD
Back to top Go down
Kaz
Aptonoth
Kaz

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help   Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 6:56 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:
Kaz wrote:
<---- Derp

It wasn't the wiki... xD

Heh, no worries. But yeah, both of their weaknesses are thunder, so if you split them up, it shouldn't really be any harder than any other los/ian quest. If you're really that worried, or just want to make your life easier, then I usually bring black blos armor to their fights (haven't been G rank in a while so not sure which armor gives you windproof that high up), and then just sit under los while he flies, and almost none of his attacks can hurt you there, then you can proceed to flash bomb him out of the air very easily from here.

So my reccomended equipment would be a windproof set with a great sword. Should be over in no time.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help   Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 7:29 pm

Kaz wrote:
GrashXL002 wrote:
Kaz wrote:
<---- Derp

It wasn't the wiki... xD

Heh, no worries. But yeah, both of their weaknesses are thunder, so if you split them up, it shouldn't really be any harder than any other los/ian quest. If you're really that worried, or just want to make your life easier, then I usually bring black blos armor to their fights (haven't been G rank in a while so not sure which armor gives you windproof that high up), and then just sit under los while he flies, and almost none of his attacks can hurt you there, then you can proceed to flash bomb him out of the air very easily from here.

So my reccomended equipment would be a windproof set with a great sword. Should be over in no time.

Think I'll play it safe and go with true devil slicer and ceanataur S, as I'm not very expierience with the GS and I REALLY don't want to farm up high rank black diablos... I mean, I have the low rank version, but that'll get me killed in 2 hits if I'm LUCKY, because this is G-rank moveset/monsters with high rank stats.

Anyway, I'm hoping Fire ring, Lunar ring and land of the tremors can be done with the same equipment, if so then Rajang is my last priority, if not, I will kill myself farming black diablos+.

Back to top Go down
ScienceJesus
Felyne

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help   Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 7:44 pm

That Rajang is pretty much the easiest rajang ever. Just use Hi frost blade and bomb the hell out of it.i used Rathalos S gemmed for bomber. and i cleared relatively fast compared to other rajang quests.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help   Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 8:40 pm

Yay!! Cleared fire ring lunar ring without fainting once! But land of the tremors still haunts me...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help   Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Picking up mhfu again after not doing anything on it for 2 weeks, and I need help
Page 1 of 1