Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
I hate helping newbies... Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
I hate helping newbies... Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I hate helping newbies...

Go down 
+12
Andrea88GOD
Ares
JFizzle
Otoshimo
TKMT
Lalo
Ultimate Jaggi
Leonhardt
Sai_
Ataraxia
Lucas
GrashXL002
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

I hate helping newbies... Empty
PostSubject: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 10:30 am

Ok, I hate helping newbies.

So I was helping this guy who wanted to finish his Jaggi armour and I was like "Ok" and we did a great jaggi, but guess what? He wanted to bomb the dam thing! So he ended up dying 3 times before I could kill the Great Jaggi! That sucked.

Next: Agnaktor

Apparently bringing a wyvern blade fire is good for an Agnaktor fight, so is Peco armour apparently. Triple carted.

Next: Qurupeco+

"LOL LET'S TRY AND KILL THIS GIANT DINOSAUR!!!" *Everyone except me gets triple carted*

Next: Barioth+

"LOL LET'S STAY AT CAMP AND LET THE HR 92 HANDLE THIS!!!"

Seriously, I can't put up with it anymore... so I never help newbies now.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 10:34 am

You weren't much of a help, I guess.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 10:46 am

Lucas wrote:

I brought a great demonbind P to the Agnaktor fight, and he was almost dead. NOPE! LET'S ATTACK HIM WITH FIRE WEAPONS!

Qurupeco+, I tried to kill Deviljho, but we had a hammer newb so I kept getting launched.

Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 11:13 am

GrashXL002 wrote:
*Everyone except me gets triple carted*

They died 9 times altogether? That... takes skill.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Ataraxia wrote:
GrashXL002 wrote:
*Everyone except me gets triple carted*

They died 9 times altogether? That... takes skill.

I meant we did the quest multiple times and in each one someone got triple carted.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 1:24 pm

I hate newbies helping me.

I was hr40, so I went to a hr40 room yesterday filled with hr50 people. They posted a hr51 quest of double Diablos. Both of them had full Escadora with one using Lion's Bane and the other using wyvern flare.

So I told them, "You guys are seriously gonna do this quest with that equipment? Laughable."
and they told me, "look at u"

and I looked at myself. I had Sharpness+1, HGE, and Trap master. This is why I just duo quests with people I know.
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga
Leonhardt

Thank you Points : 13

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 5:50 pm

i hate when folks think escadora is the best armor in the game...cuz its not lol
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 6:00 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:
Lucas wrote:

I brought a great demonbind P to the Agnaktor fight, and he was almost dead. NOPE! LET'S ATTACK HIM WITH FIRE WEAPONS!

Qurupeco+, I tried to kill Deviljho, but we had a hammer newb so I kept getting launched.

I've killed Aggy with fire weapons...
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Not all people are like this, sometimes I do find some newbies that are fun to be with
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 7:22 pm

Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
GrashXL002 wrote:
Lucas wrote:

I've killed Aggy with fire weapons...

Yeah but you're skilled, these guys weren't.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 9:23 pm

Leonhardt wrote:
i hate when folks think escadora is the best armor in the game...cuz its not lol
I like it when they use Escadora with a weapon that has natural element.

Talk about a waste of armor skill..

OT: I know how you feel, OP. I avoid cities when there's hr 40s still in demonic blessed low rank Helios(these players clearly piggyback ride throughout quests). Those guys always spell doom in cities. Especially when it's a 5 * urgent quest city.

You just have to pick the right people. Some people make it seem as if they're past the point of being helped...
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 11:16 pm

TKMT wrote:
Leonhardt wrote:
I like it when they use Escadora with a weapon that has natural element.

Talk about a waste of armor skill..

OT: I know how you feel, OP. I avoid cities when there's hr 40s still in demonic blessed low rank Helios(these players clearly piggyback ride throughout quests). Those guys always spell doom in cities. Especially when it's a 5 * urgent quest city.

You just have to pick the right people. Some people make it seem as if they're past the point of being helped...

...I've actually had it happen where this guy had crap low rank gear for Deviljho and I was like "Dude, get better armour." and he was like "NO I'M SOLOING HIM WITH THIS GEAR!" I just went along with it and was VERY surprised to find out he did solo Deviljho! (I was with him but I didn't fight), and he didn't get carted once! So I just felt kinda stupid and left.

He had like NON-UPGRADED low rank armour, but he did gem out the negative effects on it (he had some weird combo that I don't remember). Not sure about his weapon, whether that was high or low rank, I didn't check, but I knew his armour was low rank because of how hard he was getting hit.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 11:35 pm

Well we know what grinds Grash's gears, at least...

I can't say I hate noobs (because they're noibs, we all were one aDurr). But what I do hate are noobs that are compadres of my friends.

Last edited by Otoshimo on Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 12:02 am

Otoshimo wrote:
Well we know what grinds Geashes gears, at least...

I can't say I hate noobs (because they're noibs, we all were one aDurr). But what I do hate are noobs that are compadres of my friends.

Yeah, I thought defense was everything when I was a newb, I learned my mistake when I came across my first Deviljho.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 12:08 am

GrashXL002 wrote:

Yeah, I thought defense was everything when I was a newb, I learned my mistake when I came across my first Deviljho.

I would love to randomly find you and show you my "super sneaky set against jho"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 12:12 am

Lalo wrote:
GrashXL002 wrote:

I would love to randomly find you and show you my "super sneaky set against jho"

Spoiler:

Except that will never happen, because Capcom deny cross-regional gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 1:32 am

GrashXL002 wrote:
Lalo wrote:
GrashXL002 wrote:

Spoiler:

Except that will never happen, because Capcom deny cross-regional gameplay.

Well there is a way to enable such but I'm too lazy to explain it right.

and Lazlo XD I know what set your talking about. Next Time I'm on we should hunt jho with 'Super Sneaky Set' & IT lolool
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios
JFizzle

Thank you Points : 129

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:49 am

I dunno, man. I enjoy helping LR hunters, so long as they are willing to help themselves. I'm not going in to solo shit with them in-quest just so that they can ride on my cape, but when obviously unskilled hunters do 3x cart, I usually just tell them to slow down, be patient, and focus on learning the Mobs patterns and not carting. It's not like we're speedrunning, afterall.

They're not going to be as proficient as seasoned hunters, like most people here, so the real focus, for them, lies in learning. Unfortunately, though, you do encounter mooches from time-to-time, in which case simply passwording them out will fix the problem.

It's always better to be an example, rather than to make one.
========================

Then on the other hand, very rarely you will encounter those hunters who are very skilled, but do not understand how the armor skills are activated, or their effects. Explaining to those people about armor skills and such usually means that you don't get to play with them bc as soon as the lightbulb is lit, they run off to their box to fix their sets for the next hour or so.

Oh, and btw, Peco is a decent set for Aggy. Has good fire res and skills, too. I love my LR Peco set.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 4:06 am

GrashXL002 wrote:

So I was helping this guy who wanted to finish his Jaggi armour and I was like "Ok" and we did a great jaggi, but guess what? He wanted to bomb the dam thing! So he ended up dying 3 times before I could kill the Great Jaggi! That sucked.

Apparently bringing a wyvern blade fire is good for an Agnaktor fight, so is Peco armour apparently. Triple carted.

"LOL LET'S TRY AND KILL THIS GIANT DINOSAUR!!!" *Everyone except me gets triple carted*

Then don't help newbies. Nobody said you had to.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 1:15 pm

Ares wrote:
GrashXL002 wrote:

Yea just make a "Solo City" in the open server,

that'll totally keep the noobs away...
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 1:46 pm

Otoshimo wrote:
Ares wrote:
GrashXL002 wrote:

Or a recruiting city "High HR51 Solo"
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 2:30 pm

If you really don't want to help noobs then just set the quest to allow only you to be in it
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 2:51 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:

Or a recruiting city "High HR51 Solo"

You cant make solo citys on the recruit server.

on the other hand "friends only" citys always keep the... who am I kidding? if you are high enough to seem "strong" they will find you.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 2:55 pm

Otoshimo wrote:
Ares wrote:
GrashXL002 wrote:

Or go invisible on an empty server, smart ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:00 pm

Ares wrote:

Or go invisible on an empty server, smart ass.

It has to be on an empty recruit server, otherwise they can still find you by gate search and see your rank, and of course, warp to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hate helping newbies...   I hate helping newbies... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I hate helping newbies...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next