Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Servers Shutting Down? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Servers Shutting Down? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Servers Shutting Down?

Go down 
+4
dcj91x
Otoshimo
It's meh
MisterBobGuy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MisterBobGuy
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

Servers Shutting Down? Empty
PostSubject: Servers Shutting Down?   Servers Shutting Down? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 8:58 pm

Someone told me they'd heard rumors that capcom is shutting down the MH3 servers when the new games come out. Anyone know anything about that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Servers Shutting Down?   Servers Shutting Down? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 11:34 pm

dcj knows everything about the rumored deleting of servers that has not happened as of yet
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Servers Shutting Down?   Servers Shutting Down? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:37 am

Yeah, I don't think that the servers will close when the new game comes out.
Perhaps a few months or so after 3U's release they will close.... Maybe a year after... But I don't see that they are going to close them just as soon as the next game comes along.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Servers Shutting Down?   Servers Shutting Down? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:54 pm

Spoiler Alert

This has been brought up across several other topics and dcj's already announced there is no specific date released of when capcom will make the tri servers go bye-bye.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Servers Shutting Down?   Servers Shutting Down? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 7:39 pm

Yuri Dubindoh of Capcom USA ...

Ok before I get to that let me explain a few things..

The Tri servers are hosted by KDDI in Japan not individual servers per country. This makes it quite exspensive for Capcom to keep them up. Part of the reason that those in Japan have to pay to play MHTri online. MH3U is free to play online because the servers are ran by Nintendo.. Which means "NO ONE IN JAPAN IS PLAYING TRI ANYMORE!!"

Capcom USA Sven originally stated about the tri server shut down:

"At somepoint in time (I'm not saying when... we'll give everyone a heads up well in advance when we make this decision) we will sunset the Tri servers which are hosted by KDDI in Japan. I was adamant that we not do so until we had a proper alternative title to allow people to migrate to if they wish. It would have been bad just to cut people off with no other place for them to hunt, in spite of the significant cost of operation."

Technically as soon as MH3U was announced for the west on the WiiU with online there was another option available.. even if people couldn't go to it right away.. Furthermore, in the US there are now issues apparently with MHFU and AdHoc play (though I am not fully understanding of all that is going on with this.) EDIT: ok from what Will has told me AdHoc is no longer available on PSN. So anyone who now downloads or buys MHFU and does not already have adhoc can not connect online with it.. (Using the regular method of course)

Soon it will likely be that as far as the "West" is concerned (or at least the US) MH3U WiiU will likely be the only online source available for Monster Hunting.

No just today more information about the tri servers was revealed by Yuri Dubindoh of Capcom USA.

He stated:

"Don't worry... we'll be making an announcement soon enough, once we know enough details. That way we'll share them as one group of information; since it's all related, we don't want to have the info scattered and lost in multiple posts."

Seemingly there is information about the Tri servers they are planning on putting out other than just the "Shut Down date". This could include several different things...

One thing is well known however. MHTri does not have DLC, everything online (for the most part) as far as event weapons and armors is contained on the disk its self. Though it may requier an aditional game patch or download here's hoping it's possible to make some, if not all of that online only content available offline... But that's just wishfull thinking..

Anyways, it does appear however sometime soon we will know full details on the server shutdown. If it is to be shutdown in March than we can likely exspect the new at the end of this month or early to mid February..
Back to top Go down
Arkenaw
Rhenoplos
Arkenaw

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Servers Shutting Down?   Servers Shutting Down? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 8:18 pm

Just as long as they do it near or after ultimate comes out I'm ok. No reason to ever play Tri again, unless one is unable to procure a Wii-U/3DS I suppose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/arkenaw#
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Servers Shutting Down?   Servers Shutting Down? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 11:46 am

30th of April confirmed Shutdown Date for tri servers
Back to top Go down
Florenz
Rajang
Florenz

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Servers Shutting Down?   Servers Shutting Down? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 5:24 pm

though i havent played in ages... this kinda saddens me :/
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Servers Shutting Down?   Servers Shutting Down? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 8:03 pm

So...anyone going to have one last hunt on the Tri servers the last operational day in tribute?
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Servers Shutting Down?   Servers Shutting Down? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 8:26 pm

I will come back to tri after march 19, I have some active friends that are not going to buy a wii U :/
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Servers Shutting Down?   Servers Shutting Down? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 10:16 pm

I guess I'll swing on some times before the shutdown

but if all goes as planed, I'll buy a wii u for my birthday on the second and MH3U whenever it comes out and be done with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Servers Shutting Down?   Servers Shutting Down? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Servers Shutting Down?
Page 1 of 1