Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!


Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 
 

 The Official Halo 4 Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: The Official Halo 4 Thread!   Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:35 am

So yeah, I searched and didn't see an actual thread dedicated to this so I figured I'd make one.

I'm not the best at console shooters but I am having a blast both with the campaign (which I finished on normal) and the Multiplayer which I'm currently okay at.

But yeah if you wanna discuss Halo 4 post here in this thread.


Also on a side note, who here has a Gold Account on XBOX live, is pretty damn amazing at the campaign on Legendary (it tears me apart solo), and is potentially interested in doing Co-Op campaign fully on Legendary to unlock the MC's armor and visor color for Multiplayer?
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga


Thank you Points : 13

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Halo 4 Thread!   Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:13 am

the armor you get for beating legendary is a tad disappointing (even though its the armor design from halo 3) but its still very stylish ;) ive speed ran legendary campaign with my brother in i think 4-5 hours? My IGN is Krimson Tide0 and if you see me on just say your from here so i wont put you on ignore list lol

on a side note, whats your SR level and whats the funnest gun youve used ingame?
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Official Halo 4 Thread!   Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:39 am

@Leonhardt wrote:
the armor you get for beating legendary is a tad disappointing (even though its the armor design from halo 3) but its still very stylish ;) ive speed ran legendary campaign with my brother in i think 4-5 hours? My IGN is Krimson Tide0 and if you see me on just say your from here so i wont put you on ignore list lol

on a side note, whats your SR level and whats the funnest gun youve used ingame?

I think my current SR is like...37? I LOVE the Forerunner guns, especially the Suppressor though it's really meant for close range only...slight mid range but anything more and it's worthless, I'm currently working on learning the DMR since that and Battle Rifle are the prime choices for most players apparently, I dislike Battle Rifle but I don't mind DMR.

The Needler is always fun, I love the SAW for full auto fun.

And the armor isn't the halo 3 one I don't think? I mean like he didn't change it from 3 but it looks a bit better graphically than it did in 3, and I just want it to showoff something that others mostly aren't using (not to mention the Legendary Visor color is really nice).
Back to top Go down
Snagglux
Seltas


Thank you Points : 38

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: The Official Halo 4 Thread!   Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:24 am

Haven't played it as much as I would've liked, but I've been enjoying it from what I've played. Got to SR 22 so I could unlock the Lightrifle but then put the game down for a while to play on other stuff. I have a serious dislike for anything that isn't precision or isn't a shotgun (The needler obviously being an exception because lolhoming) so Lightrifle, Battle Rifle and DMR are my go-to weapons. Will occasionally pick up a Covvy Carbine but I'll usually only ever use that in Campaign or Spartan Ops.

While I consider myself pretty good at PvP, I absolutely chug piss at PvE for some reason and have only managed to beat campaign on Normal. If you're looking for someone to go through legendary with, I might not be your best bet. I managed to get a few missions done on legendary when I first started playing (I planned on my first complete playthrough being on legendary) but then the Prometheans showed up and started completely wrecking me, so I chickened out and went down to normal.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Official Halo 4 Thread!   Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:23 am

@Snagglux wrote:
Haven't played it as much as I would've liked, but I've been enjoying it from what I've played. Got to SR 22 so I could unlock the Lightrifle but then put the game down for a while to play on other stuff. I have a serious dislike for anything that isn't precision or isn't a shotgun (The needler obviously being an exception because lolhoming) so Lightrifle, Battle Rifle and DMR are my go-to weapons. Will occasionally pick up a Covvy Carbine but I'll usually only ever use that in Campaign or Spartan Ops.

While I consider myself pretty good at PvP, I absolutely chug piss at PvE for some reason and have only managed to beat campaign on Normal. If you're looking for someone to go through legendary with, I might not be your best bet. I managed to get a few missions done on legendary when I first started playing (I planned on my first complete playthrough being on legendary) but then the Prometheans showed up and started completely wrecking me, so I chickened out and went down to normal.

Yeah I figured I could do most of the campaign on Legendary solo (just started Heroic however) but I'd rather not deal with the bullshit kills that will no doubt happen, especially with the Prometheans...I dread those Knights...or packs of the crawlers...but the thing I hate the most? Those damn flying things, they revive the dead Prometheans like new and shield them. It's always a pain to take them out.
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga


Thank you Points : 13

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Halo 4 Thread!   Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:14 pm

noob combo them and dont worry about being bad in legendary cuz ill just end up speed running it lol

needlers r the best option to killing prometheans

also if u need practice aiming, killing, etc. objective games r great to do so since EVERYONE wants to do the objective. ;)
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: The Official Halo 4 Thread!   Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:23 pm

The only reason I own it is because it came with my xbox.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung


Thank you Points : 151

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Halo 4 Thread!   Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:40 pm

I was pretty excited for this game for awhile. Then there were care packages, and all the maps had their contrast turned way up.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Official Halo 4 Thread!   Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:13 pm

Shin Zelkami wrote:
I was pretty excited for this game for awhile. Then there were care packages, and all the maps had their contrast turned way up.

Actually those "care packages" aka the ordinance drops aren't that overpowered, it's basically the new way of controlling weapon spawns on the map, instead of just everyone rushing to the rocket launcher spawn or the energy sword spawn or the sniper rifle, it can't be camped anymore which means people are more out and about in the maps. Granted all the weapons spawn at the same spot beginning of the game, but after that the random ordinance drops are random placed and the called in ordinance drops are usually not that strong.

You could get a damage boost which lasts extremely short for a duration and forces you to put yourself in situations you'll probably die in or after from, you can call in an overshield instead of hoping the spawn one is there, or you can just call in a weapon like a sniper rifle or usually a Needler which has the ability to at best kill 3, usually 2 at the most and that's provided people don't see you running around with said purple-death gun.

The maps themselves are pretty nice, for once I'm not getting a headache looking at them like I did with prior Halo games (especially Halo 2 and some of 3).
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga


Thank you Points : 13

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Halo 4 Thread!   Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:09 pm

wish they brought back Guardian tho but i may end up making it 1 day.

if anyone wants to play im usually on from 9pm-12pm -5:00gmt mon-thu
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Official Halo 4 Thread!   Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:18 am

@Leonhardt wrote:
wish they brought back Guardian tho but i may end up making it 1 day.

if anyone wants to play im usually on from 9pm-12pm -5:00gmt mon-thu

For those of us not time zone educated outside the US, what is GMT? Like is that Central? Pacific? Eastern? Mountain?

Also you're online for 15 hours on those days?
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga


Thank you Points : 13

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Halo 4 Thread!   Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:57 am

Nova wrote:
@Leonhardt wrote:
wish they brought back Guardian tho but i may end up making it 1 day.

if anyone wants to play im usually on from 9pm-12pm -5:00gmt mon-thu

For those of us not time zone educated outside the US, what is GMT? Like is that Central? Pacific? Eastern? Mountain?

Also you're online for 15 hours on those days?

Geographical Map Time and im in eastern US and no im not on that long lol
Back to top Go down
Snagglux
Seltas


Thank you Points : 38

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: The Official Halo 4 Thread!   Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:26 am

*coughitmeansGreenwichMeanTimecough*
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Official Halo 4 Thread!   Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:30 pm

@Snagglux wrote:
*coughitmeansGreenwichMeanTimecough*

LOL, I know what it means I just don't understand it's system as to where it begins and ends, I only know US times admittedly and only by our terms for them of like Central or Mountain or Eastern etc...
Back to top Go down
Tarath
Deviljho


Thank you Points : 32

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: The Official Halo 4 Thread!   Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:05 pm

GMT or GMT+0 is located in *gasp* Greenwich, in the UK.

Haha, we get the real time 8)
Back to top Go down
Kurtz
Moderator


Thank you Points : 21

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: The Official Halo 4 Thread!   Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:22 pm

here on the US East Coast, we're 5 hours behind. Hence GMT -5:00
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Official Halo 4 Thread!   Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:55 pm



Thanks to that professional halo speed runner uploading that I was able to do that level on Legendary solo...thank god too...that Gondola section would have been a sheer nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Official Halo 4 Thread!   Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 am

I'm surprised at the lack of Halo players, I would have thought more people would be interested.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: The Official Halo 4 Thread!   Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:55 pm

Nova wrote:
I'm surprised at the lack of Halo players, I would have thought more people would be interested.

As far as I'm concerned, halo is just the Xbox exclusive version of cod, so I'm not surprised at the lack of posters here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
Yamatsu
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: The Official Halo 4 Thread!   Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:20 pm

@Ares wrote:
Nova wrote:
I'm surprised at the lack of Halo players, I would have thought more people would be interested.

As far as I'm concerned, halo is just the Xbox exclusive version of cod, so I'm not surprised at the lack of posters here.


@Nova hating CoD and other big FPS is the cool thing here yo!
I played plenty of CE PC online some years ago. Don't have a 360 but play Halo loads at friends' places.
IMO reach is better than 4. Forging in 4 is so fucking dull :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Official Halo 4 Thread!   Today at 8:57 am

Back to top Go down
 
The Official Halo 4 Thread!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The Official Insomniac Thread
» Ranting. The angry man's poetry. (My official rant thread.)
» The Dark Knight Rises (2012) Official Movie Thread
» Marvel Legends Wave 3 Official trade thread
» Battlefield 4 Official discussion/thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Things we do when not hunting :: Non-MH Related :: Non-MH Games and Gaming-
Jump to: