Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Exactly what it says on the tin. For me I would start with Gypceros and its impossible tail hit it does. And Barroth charges.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Naotoxandar
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Wed May 08, 2013 4:33 pm

LOL LAW and how could i not watch something that good! Plus i have moved on from peco now and i now hate... Crimson peco lol
Back to top Go down
Willowacks
Kelbi

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Wed May 08, 2013 7:10 pm

I must admit I was surprised by Volvidon I went in a bit too cocky and was quite surprised by it's versatile move set.

It wasn't too hard but it got irritating XD
Back to top Go down
Naotoxandar
Kelbi

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Thu May 09, 2013 4:44 pm

@Willowacks wrote:
I must admit I was surprised by Volvidon I went in a bit too cocky and was quite surprised by it's versatile move set.

I have to say at the moment my most played quest would have to be "Rockslide" Hunt 2 volvi's Yes by vort I like them and their armour
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Thu May 09, 2013 5:11 pm

@Naotoxandar wrote:
@Willowacks wrote:

I have to say at the moment my most played quest would have to be "Rockslide" Hunt 2 volvi's Yes by vort I like them and their armour

That armour carried me from 6 star high rank (village) to 9 star high rank until I got myself some sweet ass nargacuga armor, very good set.
Back to top Go down
DemonPants
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:10 pm

It seems pretty obvious that a lot of the people on this board started MH with Tri. Some of my most hated monster are the Rajang. Dragonball Z turned into a monster, it even has a Super Saiyan mode. Trying to get it's armor or weapons are absolute hell. The Black Diablos in Freedom Unite is the worst incarnation of the Black Diablos ever. Sure, it's annoying in Tri and Tri Ultimate, but it's nowhere near as hard as it was in FU. It seemed faster, had bad hitboxes, and was almost always underground. Not to mention that no matter how far away you are, it always seems to be able to instantly pop up from underground to do ridiculous damage to you.

Then there is one of my most hated of ALL TIME, the Yian Garuga. Most people seem to forget about this guy, you let your guard down on this guy. "He's a Yian, he'll be easy." That's what everyone says. Then you get to the actual fight, a bigger Yian, insanely tough armor, fireballs out of nowhere, and to top it all off, he jumps out of Pitfall traps! Me and my experienced group of hunters went to fight one. No one listened to me when I said to be careful. We got destroyed, and this was from people who have played hundreds of hours in Freedom Unite. Don't ever underestimate the Yian Garuga.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:52 pm

@TheLaw wrote:
For me Gigginox takes the cake when in G Rank and he poisons you... I'll be on 1/3 HP and within the 3-4 seconds I go to take me Antidote it's too late and I faint... darn that G Rank Poison D: /mad/

I love Gigginoxes so much. :loopy: 

But I'd have to say, my most hated was Diablos from back in Tri. The Double Diablos event quest was the only one I could just not beat, and I am not looking forward to Black Diablos in 3U.

@DemonPants wrote:
The Black Diablos in Freedom Unite is the worst incarnation of the Black Diablos ever. Sure, it's annoying in Tri and Tri Ultimate, but it's nowhere near as hard as it was in FU. It seemed faster, had bad hitboxes, and was almost always underground. Not to mention that no matter how far away you are, it always seems to be able to instantly pop up from underground to do ridiculous damage to you.

:sup: 
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:13 am

At the moment Abyssal Lagiacrus because I can't seem to find a decent team to help me fight it.
Back to top Go down
LadyLunastra
Kelbi

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): America

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:49 pm

Has anyone even said Vespoids yet?

I know they aren't a boss, but they are a pain /mad/ 

Oh you're trying to heal, here let me delay that for you.

:trl: Thunder Thunder Thunder Thunder /o_o/
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rathalos

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:58 pm

@LadyLunastra wrote:

Queen Vespoid exists. It's also balls to the wall hard to bow it with its army of other vespoids bothering you.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:00 pm

@Roon wrote:
At the moment Abyssal Lagiacrus because I can't seem to find a decent team to help me fight it.

Add me in game, im always down for Abyssal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Sephastus
Diablos

Thank you Points : 29

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:50 pm

@MetaMarx wrote:
@LadyLunastra wrote:

Queen Vespoid exists. It's also balls to the wall hard to bow it with its army of other vespoids bothering you.

Pellet rapid shot ftw. Takes care of the queen and her entourage. Or HH hit n roll. /rock/ 
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:12 pm

@Sephastus wrote:
@MetaMarx wrote:
@LadyLunastra wrote:

Pellet rapid shot ftw. Takes care of the queen and her entourage. Or HH hit n roll. /rock/ 

or just not suck at arching.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
hustyv01
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 pm

To me is the event I. Lagi. That thing's electrified charge attack is scary as hell and it spams the electric field attack a lot that it makes it hard to melee and my most of my random teammates keep dying. To me, it is worse than the Event S. Zin.
It annoys me more than using melee weapons w/o block on a Diablos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/hustyv31
seaturtle400
Popo

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:01 am

Zinogre i bearly beat him in mh3u and only had 34 seconds left also plesioth in mh3u his tail is still broken cause i stand under him and he does a tail whip and i go flying
Back to top Go down
seaturtle400
Popo

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:19 pm

I also really hate high rank gigginox cause if he poisons u u will probably die. And rhenopolos because he will knock me out of the way wen i am getting tons of attacks off on a big monster.
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios

3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:19 pm

I've only played Tri and MH3U, so Lucent Nargacuga and Alatreon when it comes to the big monsters (MH3U Ala. Tri is fine with me if the team's good).
Lucent's combination of being able to become invisible and being able to poison you with its tail spikes just bugs me to no end. I'm fine with the other Nargacuga, but Lucent is when I get uneasy. It's happened way too many times when I've used an Antidote just to get poisoned again the next moment, or when I've thought it was distracted by my brother or a Shakalaka only to have it vanish and appear to jump me from behind. When I realized I had to capture this for the award, I made sure to have guru and failed so many times before I finally succeeded ">.>
For Alatreon, it's just been a nightmare on four legs for me ever since I had to face it as my last village quest. Not even Miralis or Abyssal are close to this monster, especially with how much easier they are for me. I haven't gone against Ala solo in a while and am not eager to change this. It's new moves just get to me, along with how the battle just seems to drag on.
Back to top Go down
Amaku
Bnahabra

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:51 pm

To me, it'd probably be Barioth. 2fast4me. Like seriously, it's annoying. I'm just walking around waiting for it to stop, and when it finally does.. It starts at it again.. I managed to kill it though. But believe my when I say.. I'm never fighting it again. (Probably a lie..)

Then the other is Rathalos.. I can take him down easily, and I know how he moves.. But for the past few days I've been trying to get his Armour, and all I need is a Plate.. I cut his Tail off everytime, let him eat, and break everything off his body. Yet, nothing. So I just moved on to Agnaktor's armor. I'm not in for collecting all the armors in the game it just fills up my inventory so fast, and my OCD doesn't like it..
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:05 pm

@Amaku wrote:
To me, it'd probably be Barioth. 2fast4me. Like seriously, it's annoying. I'm just walking around waiting for it to stop, and when it finally does.. It starts at it again..

I've actually been having the opposite problem with some monsters while crown hunting recently... The slow ones really get me. I like Barioth because they not only move around at a good speed, but they don't leave me waiting like the Barroth or Duramboros. I am so glad I now have the crowns for Barroth, having done "Barroth Brigade," three in succession, several times. They are just so slow, it reminds me why I stick to long swords often ">.>
Back to top Go down
Amaku
Bnahabra

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:24 pm

Quote :

I've actually been having the opposite problem with some monsters while crown hunting recently... The slow ones really get me. I like Barioth because they not only move around at a good speed, but they don't leave me waiting like the Barroth or Duramboros. I am so glad I now have the crowns for Barroth, having done "Barroth Brigade," three in succession, several times. They are just so slow, it reminds me why I stick to long swords often ">.>

Yea. But I personally love Duramboros myself. Maybe it's the fact he's easy for me. Same with Barroth. We pretty much have the opposite problem. The fast ones always get me, while the slow ones don't. I also lied about never hunting Barioth.. I need his hide for the Helios Armor. But I'm thinking of not making that since I'm more into the Fire or Poison attribute in the game. Should I still get Helios anyways?
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:51 pm

@Amaku wrote:
Yea. But I personally love Duramboros myself. Maybe it's the fact he's easy for me. Same with Barroth. We pretty much have the opposite problem. The fast ones always get me, while the slow ones don't. I also lied about never hunting Barioth.. I need his hide for the Helios Armor. But I'm thinking of not making that since I'm more into the Fire or Poison attribute in the game. Should I still get Helios anyways?

Yeah, seems we're definitely having opposite problems with monster speeds... If only I wasn't so into quick fights, ones with a good amount of movement involved, then maybe they wouldn't bother me so much ^^"
I've heard Helios tends to be a good set... I personally haven't been able to make that set yet (well, Selene for me, using a female character and all), but that's only due to not exactly having all the materials for everything quite yet. I'm sure someone here could help you out with this, though, since I know there are quite a few people here who have and know sets well and what they're good with and for. Might even find some people who have ideas for sets that might help you out, recommendations that'll work better for your style of hunting cat
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:21 pm

That Turtle in Misty Peaks!!!!

Last edited by dcj91x on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amaku
Bnahabra

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:32 pm

Quote :
Yeah, seems we're definitely having opposite problems with monster speeds... If only I wasn't so into quick fights, ones with a good amount of movement involved, then maybe they wouldn't bother me so much ^^"
I've heard Helios tends to be a good set... I personally haven't been able to make that set yet (well, Selene for me, using a female character and all), but that's only due to not exactly having all the materials for everything quite yet. I'm sure someone here could help you out with this, though, since I know there are quite a few people here who have and know sets well and what they're good with and for. Might even find some people who have ideas for sets that might help you out, recommendations that'll work better for your style of hunting cat

I actually have a pretty tough time with the High Rank Barroth. Maybe it was because it was small af and made it fast, but I dunno.

But about the Helios armor, I decided I'm not going to make it, I'm making the Rathian S Set. Although I should've waited for Rathalos's. Whatever.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:41 pm

That god damn Khezu. Too bad I didn't use anything but GS when I first started playing. Now I just lance or gl it ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Ken Kurobasa
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:23 pm

I started with Freedom 1, so back then... it was most monsters lol. Namely Diablos, Plesioth though. Now I was using only the SnS back then... now I hear you say "But you are suppose to gun Plessy!" Yeah well I couldn't use any other weapons to save my life at the time.

Now? Believe it or not back in try, it was nearly any of the leviathans, los, diablos. But, for Tri Ultimate, I'd say so far ether Plesioth (it's just annoying, not hard, annoying, lack any good bows atm) or Baleful Gigginox. I rather fight 50 Diablos (and I hate those things with a passion) than fight a baleful gigginox.
Back to top Go down
blkdiablos
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:16 am

id say Tigrex was horrible for me. he would either spin, throw the snowballs, or charge constantly. Even worse he goes into rage mode every few hits. But he loses his tail easily. I don't even want to talk about the G-rank Tigrex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight   Today at 10:29 pm

Back to top Go down

Most annoying/stressful monster you ever had to fight
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next