Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Live Action Monster Hunter Movie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roon
Shagaru Magala

Thank you Points : 63

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Live Action Monster Hunter Movie   Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:58 pm

For those of you who might be looking forward to this I'm posting this news I learned. Anyways the guy behind movies like Mortal Kombat, Alien Vs. Preedator and the Resident Evil series has his name hitched to a live action Monster Hunter movie.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-09-11/resident-evil-films-anderson/monster-hunter-film-in-planning

Me personally I'm not very excited by his name being attached to this project at all. I only watched Mortal Kombat and Alien Vs. Predator in the thteater, and with AVP it was only because I got a free movie ticket and decided to go see it just for something to do, but I didn't like either, Mortal Kombat being hugely disappointing for me and I having no expectations whatsoever for AVP amusing me. I haven't even watched a single Resident Evil movie because I hate that Jill and Leon were for the most part left out of the movis as main characters when they should have been the main characters from the start. Just like Michael Bay I'm not saying I hate the guy on a personal level, it's just that I really do not like his movies at all on a creative level. I just do not see him injecting any Jurassic Park sized awe into this movie at all.
Back to top Go down
Droughen
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Live Action Monster Hunter Movie   Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:01 pm

At least it's something, right? Maybe it'll spread the game's popularity if it ends up being a good movie. Always a plus for Capcom, and us. Because then they'll be more likely to port the games to the US.
Back to top Go down
Arkenaw
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Live Action Monster Hunter Movie   Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:41 pm

How can you make a movie about a game with no story? =.=
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/arkenaw#
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Live Action Monster Hunter Movie   Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:45 pm

We talked about this several months ago.. or more.. But yea it's quite easy to make up a story for something without a story.. I mean they did it with Monster Hunter Orange, and it gives them a bit of freedom in their creativity.. Also the good thing about it since it will be an American production we know it will be released here in the west..

Also, even if the movie bombs.. it may still get people interested in the game.. So, I see it as a win no matter what.
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Live Action Monster Hunter Movie   Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:15 pm

@dcj91x wrote:
I mean they did it with Monster Hunter Orange

Gosh darn-it dcj, that comment just made me imagine tiny men hunting carnivorous oranges on a counter top savannah, then when they finally kill one they carve off the peel and use it as armor. My grandma thought I was on drugs when she asked what I was thinking about.

Other than that, I'm interested in how they're going to portray a game like monster hunter in a movie. It could just be an over the top action movie, which honestly wouldn't be too bad if you're into that kinda stuff. Meh, who am I kidding? I'll watch it even if it's a chick flick. Actually... I'd probably want to see it even more if it's a chick flick just to see how the heck they managed to get a chick flick out of monster hunter.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Live Action Monster Hunter Movie   Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:30 pm

And now.. We have:

"Kitchen Hunter's"

A touching story about mans struggle agains giant vegetables and fruit on the great counters of the kitchen and the loved ones they leave behind never knowing if they will return allive or chopped and diced!
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Live Action Monster Hunter Movie   Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:47 pm

@dcj91x wrote:
And now.. We have:

"Kitchen Hunter's"

A touching story about mans struggle agains giant vegetables and fruit on the great counters of the kitchen and the loved ones they leave behind never knowing if they will return allive or chopped and diced!

Oh my god, I can actually imagine this being a spin off game of monster hunter. Having different cooking utensils like meat tenderizers ladles and chefs knives as weapons with meat tenderizers working as hammers, ladles working as hunting horns, and the knives working as great swords.

And then there would be different areas like the stove top being a volcano area and the sink could a water/jungle area like the flooded forest area with all the land parts being dishes and and sponges sticking out above the water.

Then you hunt different food items, or household pests like mice and cockroaches and stuff.

... Wow, maybe my grandma was right and I am on drugs.
Back to top Go down
Droughen
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Live Action Monster Hunter Movie   Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:42 pm

@MasterOnion wrote:
@dcj91x wrote:
And now.. We have:

"Kitchen Hunter's"

Oh my god, I can actually imagine this being a spin off game of monster hunter. Having different cooking utensils like meat tenderizers ladles and chefs knives as weapons with meat tenderizers working as hammers, ladles working as hunting horns, and the knives working as great swords.

And then there would be different areas like the stove top being a volcano area and the sink could a water/jungle area like the flooded forest area with all the land parts being dishes and and sponges sticking out above the water.

Then you hunt different food items, or household pests like mice and cockroaches and stuff.

Wait, but aren't there already kitchen weapons? Why not use those, since they already exist?
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Live Action Monster Hunter Movie   Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:31 pm

@Droughen wrote:
@MasterOnion wrote:
@dcj91x wrote:
And now.. We have:

"Kitchen Hunter's"

Wait, but aren't there already kitchen weapons? Why not use those, since they already exist?

You're right, that just shows how easy it would be for this to be an actual thing though.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Live Action Monster Hunter Movie   Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:36 pm

@MasterOnion wrote:
@dcj91x wrote:
I mean they did it with Monster Hunter Orange

Gosh darn-it dcj, that comment just made me imagine tiny men hunting carnivorous oranges on a counter top savannah, then when they finally kill one they carve off the peel and use it as armor.

That made me think of Monster hunter parodied by friggin Annoying Orange >_>

And as I stated before on wherever it was that this 1st came up;

If they treat it with respect, fanbase consideration and appeal to popular media, then it will be at least a decent movie.

If they just rush into it, focus more on effects than a good story, what fans would expect and yaddah yaddah yaddha...
Spoiler:

Last edited by Otoshimo on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Live Action Monster Hunter Movie   Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:14 am

@Arkenaw wrote:
How can you make a movie about a game with no story? =.=
So saving a village from a gigantic monster is not a story?
Figuring out whats causing earthquakes, ignoring guild orders to save the village, Sounds like a story to me.
Back to top Go down
parasky
Jaggi

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Live Action Monster Hunter Movie   Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:57 pm

There's actually a movie called Monster Hunter already:

Spoiler:

I just watched Cinema Snob's review of it and I guess this new monster hunter movie won't be a bad as this one. If it is worse than... this thing, then I will never watch another movie in my life.

Also @Otoshimo, please don't remind me of that awful mockery of Godzila. /sad/
Back to top Go down
http://parasky.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live Action Monster Hunter Movie   Today at 5:14 am

Back to top Go down

Live Action Monster Hunter Movie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1