Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 
 

 Why the low resolution on weapons?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Samochan
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 36

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:22 am

First topic message reminder :

Hey guys, been long time since I've posted here. =)

Anyways...

With all the graphics so eye-candy and so detailed I can count the quest giver's eyelashes and rathian armor scales... but why are the weapon so.. so low resulution in comparison?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL0Sz1olSvI&NR=1

If you pause at 0:02, you will see exactly what I mean. Compared to everything else being high reso, this thing will certainly catch any eye, especially when everything around it is hd. Same goes for all other weapons.

A mistake on capcom's part or lazyness?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
blueberryvibe
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:38 am

Hello everyone! Im new the the forum and community, but I have an input to Dcj regarding the lower resolution on the weapons.

So far there is a fact due to screenshots and alike that the weapons resolution is lower than on the armos and backgrounds. Even if the game is not released yet and even if most of the fotage is seen on youtube there is still enough evidence that the resolution is lower for the weapons.

As I see it, both of you (Dcj and Oto) are talking about different things so Im trying to take a stand in the middle even if I agree more with Oto. Though I totally get your point Dcj, of not judging the game before it's done (or even before the demo comes out).


Even if the quality of the videos aint as good as the game will look when played at home on the WiiU, you can still see that the weapons are lower res. Because if it was just the video quality messing things up the armors wouldnt have looked better than the weapons in the videos.

I hope I don't make a bad impression of myself to the community now, I actually come from a very civilized Dark Souls forum ^^

peace out and remember that we stand united against the monster!
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:06 am

@blueberryvibe wrote:
Hello everyone! Im new the the forum and community, but I have an input to Dcj regarding the lower resolution on the weapons.

So far there is a fact due to screenshots and alike that the weapons resolution is lower than on the armos and backgrounds. Even if the game is not released yet and even if most of the fotage is seen on youtube there is still enough evidence that the resolution is lower for the weapons.

As I see it, both of you (Dcj and Oto) are talking about different things so Im trying to take a stand in the middle even if I agree more with Oto. Though I totally get your point Dcj, of not judging the game before it's done (or even before the demo comes out).


Even if the quality of the videos aint as good as the game will look when played at home on the WiiU, you can still see that the weapons are lower res. Because if it was just the video quality messing things up the armors wouldnt have looked better than the weapons in the videos.

I hope I don't make a bad impression of myself to the community now, I actually come from a very civilized Dark Souls forum ^^

peace out and remember that we stand united against the monster!


STAY OUT OF THIS /mad/
no I'm just kidding, could you imagine XD

this guy hit the nail on the head with one point: Even if all we have are just videos/pictures you can still tell the difference Dcjaja. Your basis is like saying Scientist don't believe in Okapis because they've never seen one in real life. A picture can give you all the info you need if you know what your looking at. And when other people are seeing the same exact thing and agree on what they see, then clearly something is there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
blueberryvibe
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:08 am

Worth to mention is that the Japanese (and some import entusiasts) are already playing the full version of the game. So I believe what we see in videos and such are the final product.

Btw Oto, where I come from (foum wise) we usually welcome the new-recruits ;P
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios


Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:19 am

@blueberryvibe wrote:
Hello everyone! Im new the the forum and community, but I have an input to Dcj regarding the lower resolution on the weapons.

So far there is a fact due to screenshots and alike that the weapons resolution is lower than on the armos and backgrounds. Even if the game is not released yet and even if most of the fotage is seen on youtube there is still enough evidence that the resolution is lower for the weapons.

As I see it, both of you (Dcj and Oto) are talking about different things so Im trying to take a stand in the middle even if I agree more with Oto. Though I totally get your point Dcj, of not judging the game before it's done (or even before the demo comes out).


Even if the quality of the videos aint as good as the game will look when played at home on the WiiU, you can still see that the weapons are lower res. Because if it was just the video quality messing things up the armors wouldnt have looked better than the weapons in the videos.

I hope I don't make a bad impression of myself to the community now, I actually come from a very civilized Dark Souls forum ^^

peace out and remember that we stand united against the monster!
I find that both the armors and the weapons are low res'd. (upscaled, more than likely, but I still wonder why they didn't up res it all? Were there issues with character models? Performance issues with multiple players? SOMETHING!? XD)
You can see that by looking at the armors..

the armor and the weapons (including the character model) seem to have gotten the upscale treatment instead of an up-rez.

3DS screen:
Spoiler:
 

Wii U screen:
Spoiler:
 

hehe, this was easy to notice when the first japanese trailer of the HD version was announced.
Back to top Go down
blueberryvibe
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:26 am

I think the only issue here is that the developers got lazy when already doing a buffed port of an existing game. hehe. But of how I see it, the japanese never cared that much for graphic > gameplay "issues".

I really think they're just "lazy". I don't care though, I just want to play the damn game already ;~;
Back to top Go down
Arakune
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 am

@Otoshimo wrote:
@Arkenaw wrote:
@Otoshimo wrote:
@Miichu wrote:
I know it dont say much but atleast it is better looking then tri xD

The monsters are better looking than tri

Samochan does have a point that every vid/screenshot/link i've seen the weps do look kinda carelessly left out on the details. tri actually looked not too bad.

That's because in Tri, there was no HD textures to compare it with lol.

When a games on an older console looks nicer graphics wise than the next entry in the series that is suppose to be in HD, I don't need to compare it to anything else. that's just obvious that someone got lazy during the development. Nova hit the nail on the head; theres no excuse for that in this day & age for such a careless mistake.


And yea lazlo, the HUD does look eeh to me as well
You should have tried to understand that 3U is a game for a portable console before everything else.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis


Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:03 am

@Otoshimo wrote:
@blueberryvibe wrote:
Hello everyone! Im new the the forum and community, but I have an input to Dcj regarding the lower resolution on the weapons.

So far there is a fact due to screenshots and alike that the weapons resolution is lower than on the armos and backgrounds. Even if the game is not released yet and even if most of the fotage is seen on youtube there is still enough evidence that the resolution is lower for the weapons.

As I see it, both of you (Dcj and Oto) are talking about different things so Im trying to take a stand in the middle even if I agree more with Oto. Though I totally get your point Dcj, of not judging the game before it's done (or even before the demo comes out).


Even if the quality of the videos aint as good as the game will look when played at home on the WiiU, you can still see that the weapons are lower res. Because if it was just the video quality messing things up the armors wouldnt have looked better than the weapons in the videos.

I hope I don't make a bad impression of myself to the community now, I actually come from a very civilized Dark Souls forum ^^

peace out and remember that we stand united against the monster!


STAY OUT OF THIS /mad/
no I'm just kidding, could you imagine XD

this guy hit the nail on the head with one point: Even if all we have are just videos/pictures you can still tell the difference Dcjaja. Your basis is like saying Scientist don't believe in Okapis because they've never seen one in real life. A picture can give you all the info you need if you know what your looking at. And when other people are seeing the same exact thing and agree on what they see, then clearly something is there.

Ummm, I've seen an okapi in real life. Several zoos have them so its not a streatch to go see one if you want.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:44 am

@dcj91x wrote:
@Otoshimo wrote:
@blueberryvibe wrote:
Hello everyone! Im new the the forum and community, but I have an input to Dcj regarding the lower resolution on the weapons.

So far there is a fact due to screenshots and alike that the weapons resolution is lower than on the armos and backgrounds. Even if the game is not released yet and even if most of the fotage is seen on youtube there is still enough evidence that the resolution is lower for the weapons.

As I see it, both of you (Dcj and Oto) are talking about different things so Im trying to take a stand in the middle even if I agree more with Oto. Though I totally get your point Dcj, of not judging the game before it's done (or even before the demo comes out).


Even if the quality of the videos aint as good as the game will look when played at home on the WiiU, you can still see that the weapons are lower res. Because if it was just the video quality messing things up the armors wouldnt have looked better than the weapons in the videos.

I hope I don't make a bad impression of myself to the community now, I actually come from a very civilized Dark Souls forum ^^

peace out and remember that we stand united against the monster!


STAY OUT OF THIS /mad/
no I'm just kidding, could you imagine XD

this guy hit the nail on the head with one point: Even if all we have are just videos/pictures you can still tell the difference Dcjaja. Your basis is like saying Scientist don't believe in Okapis because they've never seen one in real life. A picture can give you all the info you need if you know what your looking at. And when other people are seeing the same exact thing and agree on what they see, then clearly something is there.

Ummm, I've seen an okapi in real life. Several zoos have them so its not a streatch to go see one if you want.


I love how out of all of that dcj,
all you got was the analogy... -_-"

Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
dcj91x
Fatalis


Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:19 am

Thanks Oto. I try hard to bring it into perspective. ;)
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:02 pm

@dcj91x wrote:
Thanks Oto. I try hard to bring it into perspective. ;)
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:14 pm

Let's just go with that all images so far for our viewing pleasure have low res weapons, once we get the Demo we'll see if they are high res or not and then we can pass judgement on Capcom.
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos


Thank you Points : 45

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:45 pm

"NUUUUUUUUUUUUU OUR GWAPHICS, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

Monday, January 21, 2013. This day shall forever live in infamy, as the day that the western Monster Hunter community became the kind of people who think graphics matter in a series not known for its plot, A.K.A., Graphic whores.
Back to top Go down
Miichu
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:00 pm

@Will wrote:
"NUUUUUUUUUUUUU OUR GWAPHICS, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

Monday, January 21, 2013. This day shall forever live in infamy, as the day that the western Monster Hunter community became the kind of people who think graphics matter in a series not known for its plot, A.K.A., Graphic whores.

ty ^^
Back to top Go down
blueberryvibe
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:12 pm

So you guys think this forum will flurish more when MH3U releases?
Back to top Go down
Tirith
Bnahabra


Thank you Points : 3

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:37 pm

i've seen it get more attention since i started watching it again a few weeks back, and i think the closer to release time it gets more of the old wii players will come check in to see what's going on.
i suppose to keep it on topic: i don't really care what the weapons look like as long as they aren't complete bricks and they don't randomly flail in the wrong direction mid swing or anything lol.
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha


Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:28 am

Funny thing, People complain about graphics, but if Capcom said "We'll postpone the release date to upgrade the graphics" they'd be like "NOOOOO!!!"
Besides, Weapon graphics don't matter that much when they're halfway through a monsters skull.
Back to top Go down
blueberryvibe
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:58 am

Yeah, but now they can't upgrade the graphics since the game is already complete and released.

The main discussion wasn't about whine over the graphics, just that if they now have done so much work with pimping up the game they could have done the weapons so it looks a little better compared to the rest.

I believe no one here truely cares for this matter, but it do feel like capcom was lazy on this one
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 36

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:43 am

@Will wrote:
"NUUUUUUUUUUUUU OUR GWAPHICS, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

Monday, January 21, 2013. This day shall forever live in infamy, as the day that the western Monster Hunter community became the kind of people who think graphics matter in a series not known for its plot, A.K.A., Graphic whores.

What's wrong with taking note that the weapons are low reso in comparison to everything else in the game that's very pretty to look at? <_> Most certainly not graphic whoring. If I was, I wouldn't be watching someone else play skyrim on a CRT tv lol. I don't play games because of graphics. Neither it's wrong to wish that they also put equal effort into weapon graphics like other parts of the game because hey, it's bad game design to leave such obvious thing there to catch the eye of everyone who's gonna play the game. Critics will take note of it too, mark my words.

Also, xbox/ps forums -> that way.
Back to top Go down
Miichu
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:06 am

@GobulHunterJames wrote:
Funny thing, People complain about graphics, but if Capcom said "We'll postpone the release date to upgrade the graphics" they'd be like "NOOOOO!!!"
Besides, Weapon graphics don't matter that much when they're halfway through a monsters skull.

100% what I was thinking lol xD
Back to top Go down
PossiblyDextrose
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:43 pm

I would guess Capcom was just looking for ways to get the game out sooner and thought: "No one will mind these weapon textures when they're in the heat of the hunt!", and didn't see it as a reason no one would buy the game.
Which would be true for me, since the wait for Monster Hunter has been so long...

Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:04 pm

@PossiblyDextrose wrote:
I would guess Capcom was just looking for ways to get the game out sooner and thought: "No one will mind these weapon textures when they're in the heat of the hunt!", and didn't see it as a reason no one would buy the game.
Which would be true for me, since the wait for Monster Hunter has been so long...


True, but if the armor ends up High Res 1080 and the weapons stay Low res at 480 there's going to be a glaring difference, it wont be as bad if the environment or monsters are in HD and your hunter is not (still will see it though) but if there's a huge diff between weapons and armor in terms of graphic quality that will be a letdown.
Back to top Go down
blueberryvibe
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:09 am

And let downs are ok. It will still just be a minor complaint of an other way flawless game : )

I think this kind of whining is totally legit ^.~
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:03 am

@blueberryvibe wrote:
And let downs are ok. It will still just be a minor complaint of an other way flawless game : )

I think this kind of whining is totally legit ^.~

theres a difference between whinning and bringing up a valid point. There are several games that rushed something or overlooked an aspect that fans deemed the previous model better. Thankfully MH3u doesnt fall to much into the categories of some strong examples, but its still disheartening to see that capcom overlooked such an obvious aspect.

Side note: there is no such thing as a flawless game
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
blueberryvibe
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:49 am

I kinda ment "bringing up valid points" when I said "whining". My english isn't always at it's best. But yeah, there is no such thing as the perfect game... so far : ) But some games come damn close to that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Why the low resolution on weapons?   Today at 4:16 am

Back to top Go down
 
Why the low resolution on weapons?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Secondary weapons for hammerhead
» Heavy Close Combat weapons
» Fallout:NV favorite weapons
» Devastator squad weapons
» Castle Hollermann - Weapons Sprites

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii U :: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate-
Jump to: