Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sai_
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIIJ9PkXRik Click on English Subs

This information is pretty old. What this basically is, upon starting a new character in MH3U, you will be locked into what is believed to be 1 out of 17 charm tables. This means that if you happen to be locked into table 7, that is the ONLY way you will be able to have a chance at an attack god charm. Other tables like table 10 are considered the best because that table is the only one with essential charms

Ways to find out about what table your in:

Moga Fish Ship method:
http://www.hayasoft.com/chisamin/mh3g/tsearch7.cgi

According to what charms you already have method:
http://mh.websimu.mydns.jp/3g_oma/xxx/table.php

Charm Table:
http://www10.atwiki.jp/mh3g/pages/72.html

In other words, once you start MH3U, the table you are locked in means you will NOT be able to obtain other charms besides that table. This is ridiculous.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Outkin
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada BC

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:48 pm

How much will you be screwed over if you get into a "bad" table?
Back to top Go down
Arkenaw
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:15 pm

@Outkin wrote:
How much will you be screwed over if you get into a "bad" table?

Completely screwed over. Assuming you can even get on these tables which I don't think you can.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/arkenaw#
Sephastus
Diablos

Thank you Points : 29

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:39 pm

You don't get "screwed over" regardless of what table you get on. Like has been said before, you will just not have certain charms that people have been putting way too much weight on.

Every single skill you can get from the charms, you can get from equipment. And almost every combination you can do (skill wise) on one table, you can do on another. The difference is how QUICKLY you can get said skill combination. If you have a charm with Artisan +7 and 2 slots, obviously you can get Sharpness +1 much quicker, but you could still get that same setup with a charm with Artisan +6, Attack +5 from another table.

On top of this, it could all just be a moot point if the updates being released by Capcom already addresses the issue of being locked into certain tables.

On top of all this, none of this will really matter until you are G-Rank and have the ability to get those types of charms in the first place. Even if you are on the table that has one of those overblown charms, there is still no guarantee that you will get it in any reasonable amount of time.

O well, lets wait a few days and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:21 pm

For those of you that are going to do this, I found something that MIGHT (being the subjective word of the day) help and cut the number of times you need to do the fishing method to get your table. Keep in mind this is what someone else translated from a japanese page, and I got it second hand, so I can't vouch for it's complete accuracy. But it appears to be worth at least a try, since nothing was changed with the charm tables for our release.

Back to top Go down
Anonymin
Melynx

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS/WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:02 am

I wasn't going to bother setting up the perfect charm table for my character, but if that info is true I might consider it. Haven't bothered checking how unbalanced the charm tables are, but if they're as bad as everyones saying then it might be worth it to stall making a new game for 1 min. The charm tables can't be that gamebreaking though can they?
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:10 am

^ No, it's not as bad as people make it sound. Without going to far into detail a lot if equipment has really good skills and value points and most of the "god charms" have a low percentage of being achieved especially on the tables that have a higher charm count. So, really if you plan on going after the 100% perfect everything in the game then you will most likely make multiple characters for spacific tables and armor/weapon sets.

However, you can still do just as well without having to do all that.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:14 am

You know what? part of the fun of Monster Hunter is the challenge and the skill mixing.

I am going to chance it and make my character, I dont care on what table I am since G armor sets are great and have a ton of slots (**** YOU GUILD ARMOR).

and to all of you who are going to take times and all, good luck getting what you want
Back to top Go down
Anonymin
Melynx

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:24 am

@djc Thought so. In my 1000+ hours of tri I think I got only 3 or 4 god charms, so it probably won't make much of a difference.

Just wanted to make sure that these low tier tables still had charms with every possible skill in them. If that's the case then this whole argument is really pointless, I'm sure a +3 handicraft won't prevent you from getting the perfect set over a +4 or 5.
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:30 am

I'm not really into minmaxing, if anything I prefer full G rank sets, but I'll still take a single shot at getting the table I want. Just one, since it'll only take 5min of my time. I'm just a little OCD for no reason, and it'll be the only way of getting my mind off of it. I don't really care about the charms I'll never get, I just won't enjoy the game as much worrying about it even if it has minimal impact on my game.

Then again this might just blow over in a week and I'll not give a jho, such is my nature.
Back to top Go down
Anonymin
Melynx

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:58 am

I'm going to call BS on cursed tables. I have yet to see footage of someones fishmongress turnout landing on one of the 5 tables. Also who has confirmed that all of these tables are for the hunter? Maybe 5 are for shakalaka's, or offline low/high rank. This difference in tables by 100:1 ratio of charms in some tables is too awful to be real. If they were going to change the system so that you get permanently locked into a table they wouldn't be stupid enough to leave something like this in. Until someone can show me a hunter who has poison and sheathe for 10% of their charms, then I won't believe that it's possible to get into a cursed table.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:59 pm

It can't be at all bad, and never would be if you're in one of those "cursed tables." Not to mention, has it ever made someone's quest take 5 minutes longer? No, of coarse not. I mean, having that one last skill that you could have gotten with that one talisman from a table that you are not in, is not going to make your hunter really weak or anything.
The thing that is weird about it is, why would they bother programming it in in the first place? They'd know no one would want it, so why bother? It's just more work. At least, that's the way I see it.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:47 pm

I just posted something here: http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t9502-charm-tables-for-mh3u#173086

You may want to look at it.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen

3DS friends code: 4441-9127-6618

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:24 pm

@dcj91x wrote:
@Yuki wrote:
@Sephastus wrote:
Fact or not, this is being overblown. Knowing the inner workings of the game to this extent is not bringing out any enjoyment to anyone.

Only reason why people would want to know what "Charm Line" they are on, is to be able to min/max their avatars.

I will work with what I am given and I am sure I will be able to conquer any monster that Capcom throws at me, and then some. Its about the journey, and not the destination, imo.

Thank you. Your words are so true most people these days do not take that in to account. Most people now care about being the best baddest players the can be but do not realize monster hunt is something needed to be taken slowly like a fine wine.

Thank you both... Sometime's we forget that one of the best parts of monster hunter and this community is just having fun and being around people we like... even if we don't allways agree.

Heck yeah! All of you are preaching the right words now! Cause like we have seen, a guy decked out in something cause they like the way it looks laughs at the "ELITE" hunter in Ala gear carting.
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 281

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:21 pm

then you get in a cursed table and you immediately eat your words Sad by vort
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
Firpi
Seltas Queen

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:57 pm

Nope, cant say I've ever gotten a great talisman. Also cant say Ive ever had a build that required me to have a certain talisman.
Then again I run around in Gobul armor cause I love the way it looks, ans still works for me.
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:42 pm

As long as u dont run around with helios with blunt edge not gemmed out or full brachy armor, ur fine
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:58 am

@Vortiene wrote:
then you get in a cursed table and you immediately eat your words Sad by vort

Haven't once looked to see what table I am on. I have had to delete charms, due to lack of space, not because I actively looked for charms, but because I was always capping monsters and these would increase the charms at the reward screen. I do not really care what table I am in, since I am making due with what I have. I have great gunner & blademaster sets, and I regularly switch out sets to suit the hunts.

Now, I am not even worried about what skills I put on, and am just having fun putting in random skills and looking boss. I more than pull my weight in the hunts, and I have fun all around. Will knowing if I was on a specific table have increased my enjoyment? I highly doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:15 pm

then you aren't in a cursed table :P /ok/ 
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:08 pm

So what exactly makes a table cursed, the fact that you cannot Min/Max your character?

Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:19 pm

Around 800 charms compared to 20,000. And that you can't get certain skills from talismans.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Lalo
Gore Magala

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:18 pm

@PAiN--- wrote:
Around 800 charms compared to 20,000. And that you can't get certain skills from talismans.

I used to think the "cursed tables" was something people worried about but it didnt even matter.

Then I got a couple of edgemaster+3 with staminarec+6 and some freeelement+7 and just went "dam, poor cursed people who cant get this"
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:41 pm

@Vortiene wrote:
then you aren't in a cursed table :P /ok/ 

And yet I am happy, and still playing the game.

Your argument is therefore, invalid. /palm/ 
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:56 pm

What argument
Back to top Go down
zeek
Melynx

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:22 am

Decided to manipulate the tables when I first got the 3DS and the game just incase.
On Table 10 and even the low end Talismans are pretty decent so far.
Plenty of +10 pieces all over.

Will probably roll another char without using the manipulation and see how that goes then.
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios

Thank you Points : 129

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:02 am

Sup guys. My Wii U and copy of MH3U is in the mail. Figured I'd do a tad of research before it got here, and I've been reading up on this whole "Charm Table Issue".

I feel that it's a total bummer. One of the things I loved the most about Tri was the tali farming. In my experience, it was rarely ever the god talis that made a unique set, it was the unique talis that completed a mixed set designed for a specific purpose. The "God Talis" would usually come with enough time invested in the right quests.

As far as the arguments I've caught in respect to the unavailability of certain talis on certain tables limiting skill set potential, I have to agree with those that are irked by it. It means that there are very high likelihoods of farming for certain talis that will never come for certain people/characters. IMO, it also means a lower ceiling, in certain respects, for certain characters on certain tables. I always cherished the variety of Talis available to every character.

Oh well. See you guys in a couple of weeks, once I complete enough offline to be comfy with the new controls to not be a liability online.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Today at 10:29 pm

Back to top Go down

MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next