Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

mh3u demo oh yeahhh

Go down 
+37
Crystaelis
Yamatsu
Roon
Gian
Gilgames
Anonymin
X Kitsune X
Rowiehz
Kanade
bill_the_noob
It's meh
Dross
Sai_
Jew Wario
Ultimate Jaggi
Dark Angel Frank
Daggers
brokemyfingers
Antari18
Yuki
Ares
Unit33
talonxd93
Jader7777
parasky
laoshanicrus
TKMT
Arkenaw
Snagglux
Lalo
RDC
Edsain
Sephastus
dcj91x
Saisei
anduin55
PAiN---
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 2:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

this thursday wo0t! i know there will probably be just a few mission but im VERY excited.

*cue epic Sephiroth music*
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch

AuthorMessage
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 12:04 pm

Played the demo several times. Still don't have it out of my system, but at least I know it's waiting at home when I get back from work.

I was used to playing the HH from MHFU... boy, this is different. First thing I do whenever I start a new quest with a HH, is to buff, obviously... So I press the MHFU keys to start recital.... Take the out the weapon, position it... it goes back to non-recital mode... I was like WTF! decided, o well, must be a bug, let me go hit the monster a bit. The notes were part of the attack! AWESOME... but wait, no buffs... Start recital mode enables whatever buff notes you already have! O man, I am digging this! Even without the buffs the HH is powerful, but once I did my little dance and jig, I was smacking the bunny and the fish like I had a grudge.

Anyone else LOVE the casket + nun combo they did for the HH?

Anyways, did all the weapons, and it seems like the hammer is the king of dps in the demo. Fast exhaust opens up the monsters to take much more hits than would normally be possible without it. Next seems to be between the dual swords and the gunlance. The bow is the weakest out of all the newly added weapons, but its power is not in it doing damage, but in opening up damage for others by inflicting status ailments.

Love the new skill for the heavy bowgun... but since it is limited in rounds, the bowguns in general will be mainly for good support. Headlocking the Plesioth with the Normal 3 shots in autogunner mode was definately sweet... too bad there was limited ammo :-D

Excited for the release of this game... looking forward to doing some HH playing in the online groups!
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 12:12 pm

Here is what I got from the demo overall....

Before the demo I thought people will go straight for the Bow and stay with it or for the DB's and LS like before.... After the demo... I see the HH being used more and people actually using a variety of weapons and not just going to one weapon and staying there...

Though changes have been made and it took some getting use to over MHFU and even Tri/p3rd, I have to say that it adds a bit to making me actually want to try all the different weapons throughout the game on different monsters where I really never felt that way before in the other games. But.. It was a demo so we'll have to see how the full version is as well.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 12:27 pm

Anyone else also notice that all the armors have the same skill set:

+15 Health = 50 HP
+15 Psy = Autotracker
+15 Cold resist = No cold on any area

This is obviously not going to be the case in release. ^_^. The weapons all had blue or higher sharpness, which means they are either 1) G level weapons, or 2) We also have Sharpness +1 as a skill.

Once I get back, I am going to see what I can harvest from the tundra & deserted islands. I already know that you can get a Beast Tear from the bunny and Wyvern Tear from the plesi... lets see what other nuggets can be found in the different areas.
Back to top Go down
RDC
Bnahabra
RDC

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 12:53 pm

I have been away from MH for awhile. (Still working on Xenoblade.) Downloaded the demo on my 3DS. It felt good to hunt again. I the dual blades, gunlance, hunting horn and Bow. I took out the rabbit with the DBs, but all in all I felt like a total noob again and it felt great.

The game looks fantastic. Would love to see it on the Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 1:30 pm

dcj91x wrote:
Here is what I got from the demo overall....

Before the demo I thought people will go straight for the Bow and stay with it or for the DB's and LS like before.... After the demo... I see the HH being used more and people actually using a variety of weapons and not just going to one weapon and staying there...

Though changes have been made and it took some getting use to over MHFU and even Tri/p3rd, I have to say that it adds a bit to making me actually want to try all the different weapons throughout the game on different monsters where I really never felt that way before in the other games. But.. It was a demo so we'll have to see how the full version is as well.

That's because a lot of people have come from tri, and have played nothing else (haven't gotten to test all the new weapon types) or just haven't had te opportunity to play multiplayer in p3rd and unite.

That's the reason I've decided to make the hunting horn my primary weapon, because I've used it the least and now with ultimates online system, I can finally be the bard I've always wanted to be :D
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 1:41 pm

So far I've used every weapon on both monsters on both systems using the 3ds/gamepad/ and controller pro, completed all weapons fighting Lagombi. Still Haven't killed Plesioth with all the weapons, tho I have used all the weapons on him. I found it very helpful for the 3ds to constantly have the item menu up on the touch screen while on land, i found it great to have all items there for me when i needed them instead of scrolling through them as normal. Haven't tried this for Gamepad yet. I wanted to use all the weapons before I made any videos so i will upload a few of what I have this week.

As for the weapons reviews imo:

SnS-
Simple and easy. Combos still flow great as they did in Tri. No negative feedback from either system. Feels the same on land and underwater as in Tri.

Dual Swords-
On land: still lives up to its name, rocking everything. New demon combo that was in MHP3 is also in this demo, works great.

Underwater: Fighting Plesioth, i'd say the difficulty fairly moderate. I struggled a bit, but when i got the hang of manuevering underwater with the DS, it became pretty easy. Harder to use on the 3DS than it was for the WiiU and Controller Pro.

Greatsword-
Can't complain at all. I dont if it's just me but i feel that the GS Charge take slighlty logner to have a level 3 charge than it was in Tri. I feel like it's more like MHp3 GS charge. Underwater on the 3ds can be awkward, however with enough practice it will be a walk in the park. On land, still dominates. Personal favorite is the Controller Pro.

Longsword-
I used it, loved it, owned with it. 3ds and WiiU, DESTROYED the Lagombi under 5 minutes..WiiU, land and water is fairly easy. 3ds, fairly easy thanks to target camera. I personally prefer the Controller Pro while on the WiiU.

Hammer-
WiiU/3ds : Land and water, feels as it did in Tri. I can’t tell if the KO has been reduced due to the weapon. Will have to test this in March. Other than that, slam slam ..FOURRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Hunting Horn-
I found this weapon to be very useful underwater lol. The movement speed buff affects underwater movement, a PLUS. If I remember correct I was able to use: Recovery XS, Negate Stamina Loss, Movement Speed Up, the second buff using two white notes..forget the name, defense up, and I feel like there is one more but I don’t remember. Anyways, 3DS no struggle and WiiU no struggle. Very fun to use underwater for the first time.

Gunlance-
I had the most fun with this, I just got into it since mhp3 and it’s working out great. Not to mention in the demo u have Lagiacrus armor and GL! I first used it underwater on the 3ds, amazing results. Simple and easy combos to take out plesioth, with the occasional wyvern fire. Spamming the gun underwater is pretty OP..lol. WiiU wise, simple and very easy with the gamepad and controller pro. I love this weapon more and more I use it, it’s def up at the top with my favorite, Greatsword.

Lance-
This weapon is still one of the best to use, hands down. Didn’t struggle at all taking out Lagombi, simple to use underwater as in Tri. On the 3ds underwater, target camera was my BFF Jill.

Bowgun/HBG-
Not much I can say about this, they both worked completely fine for me. I didn’t have any trouble using the 3ds underwater, simple. Some people say that the analogs are sensitive.. I didn’t see this problem tho. It is nice on the 3ds to take advantage of the item box in the touch screen to switch between ammo.

Bow-
Last but not least, the bow. First thing I will say is don’t use the analog on the bow while aiming! LOL. I tried to on Lagombi, next thing I know I turned directly to the left and killed a poor anteka.. other than that using it on land on both the 3ds and WiiU is simple and easy. I love the gameplay underwater. Using the siege like mode can be tricky, but its great when u know how to aim with it. Still, one of the best.

If anyone has figured it out, what can signaling Cha Cha and Kayamba do? Those little F*****s kept blowing up my bombs when I tried to do trapbomb combos -__-

Back to top Go down
X Kitsune X
Bnahabra
X Kitsune X

Thank you Points : 8

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 1:45 pm

I just gave the SnS, Bow, and DS a run. The SnS is just like it was in the other games - simple and reliable. The Bow feels a bit more awkward now, but I think it's just because I'm not used to the controls yet. I'm sure it's easier to use with a circle pad pro. Dual blades seem to have had a bit of a rework - they feel alot tighter now, and it seems like the player has more control during a swing than there was in MHFU. The ability to dash instead of evading is brilliant, it makes chasing so much easier too! ^^
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:17 pm

How do you activate the target camera?

I wanted to check it out.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Ultimate Jaggi wrote:

On the touch screen, it has an icon of a the monster when spotted, tap that and a target should appear after, then u tap L once (depending on your settings) and it will move the camera to the monsters location. Tap twice to move behind hunter (again depending on settings)
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:28 pm

Ultimate Jaggi wrote:

Once the monster Notices you the Icon on the touch screen that is Usually a "?" will turn to the monsters Icon. Tap it. It will then have a target symbol over the monster. After that just lightly tap the "L" button whenever you are in the same area as the monster. The camera will focus on the monster "not actually lock on it." Keep in mind you will not auto turn or anything like that.. JUST THE CAMERA.

This works really well when underwater as when you "auto lock" onto the monster and swim in that direction you won't have to worry about adjusting the camer or depth to swim up or down, you will swim toward whatever depth you are focused on. So if you are using the 3DS underwater without the CPP the autolock becomes amazingly helpful.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:31 pm

Has anybody else noticed how small the map is on WiiU? It's fine on the 3ds, im thinking it's to show more of the screen to show the amazing look :D
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:32 pm

dcj91x wrote:
Ultimate Jaggi wrote:

Once the monster Notices you the Icon on the touch screen that is Usually a "?" will turn to the monsters Icon. Tap it. It will then have a target symbol over the monster. After that just lightly tap the "L" button whenever you are in the same area as the monster. The camera will focus on the monster "not actually lock on it." Keep in mind you will not auto turn or anything like that.. JUST THE CAMERA.

This works really well when underwater as when you "auto lock" onto the monster and swim in that direction you won't have to worry about adjusting the camer or depth to swim up or down, you will swim toward whatever depth you are focused on. So if you are using the 3DS underwater without the CPP the autolock becomes amazingly helpful.

Definitely, lock on was a lf saver without the CCP, it would have been painful to play without it.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:40 pm

PAiN--- wrote:
Has anybody else noticed how small the map is on WiiU? It's fine on the 3ds, im thinking it's to show more of the screen to show the amazing look :D

In the full version on the touch screen the size of the map and everything is adjustable.. So it's probably like that just to show a difference in the two versions.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:48 pm

dcj91x wrote:
PAiN--- wrote:

In the full version on the touch screen the size of the map and everything is adjustable.. So it's probably like that just to show a difference in the two versions.

I'm looking forward to being able to adjust the touch screen whenever the full version comes out.
Back to top Go down
Saisei
Felyne
Saisei

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Rowiehz wrote:
I've played the demo on both the 3DS and Wii U today and I gotta say I (so far) favor the 3DS version more because of the controls. The gamepad of the Wii U was practically unusable for me, might need some more practise to get used to it though. Or just use the classic controller of the Wii, so if it really doesn't get any better I will just resort to that.

I like the fact that you can just select the item you want to use/take on the pad though. That's probably my favorite thing of the entire pad. And kicking.

I am getting the circle pad pro for the 3DS though. I was comfortable enough using the 3DS controls, except the camera needs some practise. I hope it'll get easier to play with it and I'm just curious of how it alters gameplay in the first place c:

Only used the hammer for both the 3DS and Wii U so far. Looking forward to try the other ones soon~

In any case, I CANT WAIT FOR LATE MARCH. /Excitement /yes/

I felt the same way. Luckily, I had Wii Pro Controller laying around that made the Wii-U experience TONS more enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 6:07 pm

Yes^

The Controller Pro/ Gamepad combo is great!
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 6:21 pm

Yuki wrote:
LS feels different it's not as fluid anymore not talking about spirit spam. Feels a bit more like the longswords from unite. Got it down after two hunts though. Purple spirit bar is nowhere near that strong also just feels that way but adrenaline +2 has a larger boost.
You sure it "feels" like it's stronger?

From this site, it shows me that the Purple spirit bar results in higher damage dealing than Adrenaline+2...

(information copy/pasted from mentioned website)
Unsheathe attack with Heaven's Thunder R on Rathalos tail with Adrenaline+2:
Hit 1: ([594 + 3.3 x 0] x 1.3 x 0.28 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1.32 x 0.3 x 1 / 3.3 + [520 x 1] x 1.125 x 0.1 x 1 / 10) x 0.75 x 1 = 23

Same attack and weapon on Rathalos tail with Purple bar:
Hit 1: ([594 + 3.3 x 0] x 1 x 0.28 x 1 x 1.3 x 1 x 1.32 x 0.3 x 1.3 / 3.3 + [520 x 1] x 1.125 x 0.1 x 1 / 10) x 0.75 x 1 = 29

On the 3 Ultimate demo: I've tried the Monster Lock on, and the default setting for lock on displeases me.
It takes about half a second for the camera to turn to the monster after pressing L, and I find that a bother... So I changed it to double tap L to turn to the monster.

I like that much more. /yes/
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 6:36 pm

I love how they gave you enough retrys to play everyday before march 19,
practice month!
Back to top Go down
Anonymin
Melynx
Anonymin

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS/WiiU

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:53 pm

Too bad come the nineteenth I'm never going to want to fight a Lagombi or a Plesioth ever again.

So I noticed that the upper jab with lance got nerfed a ton. It's a lot slower than it used to be (might just be me), you can't start a counter after the third jab, and the normal jab can penetrate protected parts whereas the upper one cannot (tested on plesioth's back). I don't know what I think of this, I know the upper jab was much better over the normal one in tri because of the better damage, but even though it still probably has better damage the normal jab just seems so much better.

I also love the new LS, no more spammy spam from teammates. It actually takes skill now and I might actually use it not just for the purpose of trolling.
Back to top Go down
Saisei
Felyne
Saisei

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 10:06 pm

I see they still kept Plesioth's stupid hitbox on his hip check from MHFU.
Back to top Go down
Anonymin
Melynx
Anonymin

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS/WiiU

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 10:37 pm

Saisei wrote:

No?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8exYz0GC0bE

^3:00
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 10:45 pm

TKMT wrote:
Yuki wrote:
LS feels different it's not as fluid anymore not talking about spirit spam. Feels a bit more like the longswords from unite. Got it down after two hunts though. Purple spirit bar is nowhere near that strong also just feels that way but adrenaline +2 has a larger boost.
You sure it "feels" like it's stronger?

From this site, it shows me that the Purple spirit bar results in higher damage dealing than Adrenaline+2...

(information copy/pasted from mentioned website)
Unsheathe attack with Heaven's Thunder R on Rathalos tail with Adrenaline+2:
Hit 1: ([594 + 3.3 x 0] x 1.3 x 0.28 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1.32 x 0.3 x 1 / 3.3 + [520 x 1] x 1.125 x 0.1 x 1 / 10) x 0.75 x 1 = 23

Same attack and weapon on Rathalos tail with Purple bar:
Hit 1: ([594 + 3.3 x 0] x 1 x 0.28 x 1 x 1.3 x 1 x 1.32 x 0.3 x 1.3 / 3.3 + [520 x 1] x 1.125 x 0.1 x 1 / 10) x 0.75 x 1 = 29

o_o?? what you mean? That is MHTri Damage formula, I'm pretty sure MH3G/U will use the same formula from P3rd where the final Color is 1.20 modifier rather than a 1.30(from Tri regular)

EDIT- hehe nevermind I saw the full discussion, yes the new LS should be weaker... but Red goes to yellow instead of colorless, so over-all damage should be consistantish, speed runs with LS is nerfed cuz no spam.. Tri LS was too strong anyways same with Hammer and Lance which is why they were nerfed too

assuming if they keep the same formula from 3rd since the mechanics are the same
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
Saisei
Felyne
Saisei

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 5:17 pm

Not sure what if it was the ATK power or the poison that did it, but the Hunting Horn handled with great ease during the demo. 2 knockouts, 2 (maybe 3) poisons, and only 2 mega potions used throughout my run. Did multiple tests with the HH, close to the same results. I must say...the HH seems very legit.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Saisei wrote:
Not sure what if it was the ATK power or the poison that did it, but the Hunting Horn handled with great ease during the demo. 2 knockouts, 2 (maybe 3) poisons, and only 2 mega potions used throughout my run. Did multiple tests with the HH, close to the same results. I must say...the HH seems very legit.

I think the monster health was adjusted for the weapons.

idk if that's true or not. :D

Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:36 pm

Saisei wrote:

Wrong, anyone who played MHFU will notice it's way less of a pain. His tail spin on the other hand...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mh3u demo oh yeahhh
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next