Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ares
Seregios

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

So this has been popping up in many threads in the MH3U section, so lets put it all here in one place.
What weapon do you plan to focus on in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

I for one will be using the Hunting Horn and Heavy Bow Gun.

I'm curious as well to know what you guys will be using.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn

AuthorMessage
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code: 4313-3105-0571
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:58 pm

@Retoman wrote:
MY BARE HANDS AND CARVING KNIFE.

^ Yes.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:07 pm

@Crystaelis wrote:
I'm likely to use the LS quite a bit, along with the SA

Shepard would love you TrollJho
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:49 pm

Good thing is LS isn't the same as it use to. Nore are a lot of weapons that use to be easily spammed. It will be interesting to see how everything works in groups though.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:51 pm

@dcj91x wrote:
Good thing is LS isn't the same as it use to. Nore are a lot of weapons that use to be easily spammed. It will be interesting to see how everything works in groups though.

/kelbibowpartyspam
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:18 am

@It's meh wrote:
@dcj91x wrote:

/kelbibowpartyspam
As a bow user, I approve of this message.
Back to top Go down
Saisei
Felyne

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:21 am

Lance and Gunlance for me...and some Hunting Horn when I'm feeling randy.
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:08 am

My main weapons and typical skills I'll use with them:

Hunting Horn (Flute Expert, Sharpness +1)

Sword N\' Shield (Sharpness +1, Trap Master, Bombardier)

Heavy Bowgun (Status attack up, Recoil down)
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:37 am

I will start off with a Longsword/Hammer until I can make some Elemental S'n'S's (The Apostrophes o.o)
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:36 pm

Everything even though I have an affinity for hammers and longswords I do not believe in limiting my weapons to just one because I found it I could apply different strategies with different weapons not just what was 'ideal'
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:34 pm

@Yuki wrote:
Everything even though I have an affinity for hammers and longswords I do not believe in limiting my weapons to just one because I found it I could apply different strategies with different weapons not just what was 'ideal'

It's not reay limiting, but lets be honest, when we go on our guild cards on the PSP generations, there's ways those one or two weapons we haven't used more than a couple of times. No matter how you look at it, there is always gonna be a weapon you use more than the rest.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:18 am

Yup agreed but I do not believe in using purely one weapon either LS and hammer will be my highest for sure there is denying that but I try to give everything a chance
Back to top Go down
Edsain
Melynx

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:36 am

LS since im one of the rare cases of people who started on tri and yet dont spirit spam or attack teammates, then SA and BOW.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:41 am

@Edsain wrote:
LS since im one of the rare cases of people who started on tri and yet dont spirit spam or attack teammates

Yeah, same here. But I used the shit out of the LS in tri, and I'm tired of being sephiroth.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:54 pm

I've never had the complaints of using the LS. When i first started I always played with a friend, both using GS, and we constantly upswinged in our combos, so we knew not to near each other. So when I'm online I'm used to focusing on an area where my attacks won't interrupt players. Now when someone walks infront of my LBG rapid fire....anger.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Esham
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:22 pm

In tri i went GS/Hammer and SnS near the end only for Ala.

As i want to mix things up i am going LBG as main and probably hammer as my fallback. I am going to try and add lance to my arsenal though.

A little back story as well for the shiggles.

<startstory>
Tri was my first MH game. I got it on the recommendation from a friend, started with lance and hated it. too slow all the time and i could never poke a jaggi as the combat system was completely foreign to me (what!?!? skill based combat!?!?!?!) so i ditched the game (i know, for shame).

The next game i played was dark souls (more skill based combat) and i got my arse handed to me over and over again. But I identified enemies attacks and reacted accordingly. I learnt the tells and had the most rewarding experience in a game (at the time).

Then i went back to Tri and good god was i hooked. I got rid of the lance and went GS. Got to great jaggi and slapped him around. Hammers peeked my interest so i tested them out too.

Got my peco flint and had a blast. Then i got my bone bludgeon and bone bludgeon+ after a few rathian fights. That chicken bone basically set me on the path to being a hammer bro (a good one that doesn't toss party members on every attack) so it has a place in my heart.

<endstory>
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:26 pm

@Esham wrote:
In tri i went GS/Hammer and SnS near the end only for Ala.

As i want to mix things up i am going LBG as main and probably hammer as my fallback. I am going to try and add lance to my arsenal though.

A little back story as well for the shiggles.

<startstory>
Tri was my first MH game. I got it on the recommendation from a friend, started with lance and hated it. too slow all the time and i could never poke a jaggi as the combat system was completely foreign to me (what!?!? skill based combat!?!?!?!) so i ditched the game (i know, for shame).

The next game i played was dark souls (more skill based combat) and i got my arse handed to me over and over again. But I identified enemies attacks and reacted accordingly. I learnt the tells and had the most rewarding experience in a game (at the time).

Then i went back to Tri and good god was i hooked. I got rid of the lance and went GS. Got to great jaggi and slapped him around. Hammers peeked my interest so i tested them out too.

Got my peco flint and had a blast. Then i got my bone bludgeon and bone bludgeon+ after a few rathian fights. That chicken bone basically set me on the path to being a hammer bro (a good one that doesn't toss party members on every attack) so it has a place in my heart.

<endstory>

Well, I was like barely 13 when tri came out and I started playing it, I had just ended my MLG codfag phase and realized the magic of everything Japan. So of course I though gunner only ever plzzz, and Sns because it was fast. But I soon learned my lesson and moved on the the skillful/strategic game play.

To this day, monster hunter tri is the game I've put the most time into. By a long shot too. I put a few hundred hours into Pokemon 4th gen games, not even half of what I've got into tri.
Back to top Go down
Archie
Melynx

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:49 am

First, I have not been on these forums in quite sometime and with the release of MH3U I will be on here more and more! I wish to say hello to everyone! Hello! Anyway I hope to master the hunting horn, gunlance, hammer, and maybe DS. I would mainly use HH and GL but hammer if I need something I already know how to use. DS if I ever feel like it, which I'm sure I will eventually.
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:03 pm

So many choices...

After playing through the demo a few times, I think I'm going to carry over two weapons from Tri, and add two weapons from Ultimate. Plus it's time to get into ranged, so I'm going to add Bow as well.

Carry-over:
  • Hammer - my main on my second and third characters
  • Swax - my main on my 1st, and my secondary on my 2nd character. My favorite tail-cutting weapon

New:
  • Dual Blades - these have been fun in the demo so far. They may overtake SNS as the go-to status weapon.
  • Hunting Horn - to be a good party buffer WITHOUT having to use the horn items.
  • Bow - because I should start getting into ranged.

Back to top Go down
Gian
Melynx

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:38 pm

I really loved the Dual Swords in the demo, as well as the Lance (with which, frankly, I sucked -- but it got better after a couple of tries XD) and I've never really given them a chance on any of the previous games I played so I think I'll start with DS in MH3U.

While I used the bow on MHP3rd, I found it actually too easy (yes I know that P3rd was easier altogether but bowing... meh. I only like to bow Narga or Jinouga XD) but I might give the bowguns a try.

Back to top Go down
Volke
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:03 pm

@Rowiehz wrote:
I've been starting to focus on Great Swords more as of lately. And I plan on using the Switch Axe more as well. I barely ever fought with those back in Tri. Kinda a shame, because to me it has the most beautiful and awesome appearance of all weapons.

And maybe the bow or something, but I'll do that as an extra challenge or something /yes/

I have a question about the SwAx. I noticed mobility as being solid when using the axe, but you move like a turtle with the sword.

The demo doesn't show how much damage you're doing. Does the sword do more damage than the axe? How do you even figure that stuff out?

Anyone with thoughts please bless me with your knowledge! =D
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:07 pm

@Volke wrote:

I have a question about the SwAx. I noticed mobility as being solid when using the axe, but you move like a turtle with the sword.

The demo doesn't show how much damage you're doing. Does the sword do more damage than the axe? How do you even figure that stuff out?

Since it's off topic, put in spoiler:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:47 pm

I will use hammer and Long sword from previous MH games,
gonna learn HH and bowgun, because they look a lot better than they did in tri

Back to top Go down
toadmasterCC
Popo

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:34 am

I'm gonna focus mostly on switch axe, lance, gunlance, dual swords, bow and long sword. With a secondary focus on great sword, sword and shield, light & hearvy bowguns, hammers and hunting horns. But in the end I will try to collect and use every weapon.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:16 am

Lance was mah baybeh in Tri, so I'll be using that and Gunlance mostly. When I remember how to play again I'll probably branch out to DS because holy hell Demon Dance is so cool...
Back to top Go down
Spiritlord
Popo

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:54 am

I mainly used LS, lance and GS in tri, so I'll probably get some use out of them. As for new weapons, the DS looks like a pretty good bet. I'm considering trying out the HH and bow, as well.

And now for some switch-axe discussion.

@Atalanta wrote:
@Volke wrote:

Since it's off topic, put in spoiler:
Spoiler:

I'll put my reply in a spoiler too.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    Today at 4:20 pm

Back to top Go down

This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next