Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.  Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.  Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.

Go down 
+5
PAiN---
Ares
Yuki
dcj91x
Owainn
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Owainn
Kelbi
Owainn

Thank you Points : 0

Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.  Empty
PostSubject: Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.    Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 12:12 pm

It would seem some reddit users not happy with BradyGames 250 page Guide Book Offering, are taking matters into there own hands. A group of redditors have started a project to translate the giant 1200+ page Monster Hunter Bible.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/198f9u/translation_of_1200_page_guide/
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.    Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 1:02 pm

Well... I wouldn't see BradyGames Digital guid as a fail.. For one, it seems that it wasn't much their choice on what all they were fully allowed to publish or not and seems to have been Capcom Japans decision for the guide (along with funding issues) that there will not be a Hard Copy.

Furthermore... You can translate the Japan guide for the 3ds just fine... but that wont include any of the updates since the WiiU version launched and nothing for the Western version at all. So no pictures of Western even quest items or anything... So That seems more of a fail then Brady Games at least giving us something.

Also Most of Bradygames digital Guides are $14.99-$16.99 and if you pre-order both version of the game from Gamestop you two codes for the guide essentially valued at $30+... That's a pretty good deal over all.. Since the 250 page guide for the west is basically going to be a free guide in the end.

Also... How can you consider something a FAIL if you haven't even seen it yet?
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.    Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 1:11 pm

Lol chill out dcj. I honestly would not take any guide from an american based company for MH usually too much copyright issues surrounding it. I do feel it is not their fault but I do feel their guide will miss a lot of important details maybe something new who knows. 1200 pages beats 250 even if it's two completely different languages that is a very big difference.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.    Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 1:26 pm

Yuki wrote:
Lol chill out dcj. I honestly would not take any guide from an american based company for MH usually too much copyright issues surrounding it. I do feel it is not their fault but I do feel their guide will miss a lot of important details maybe something new who knows. 1200 pages beats 250 even if it's two completely different languages that is a very big difference.

Not nessesarily, more doesn't always mean better, and if the JP book has out dated info, then there's no need to translate it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.    Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 1:27 pm

yes, the change from 1200 to 250 does suck. but hey, we get it for free, and will have a guide at launch..instead of letting players slowlyyyyy update the online wiki..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.    Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Short doesn't always mean concise either but I see your point on the matter. Only time will tell how good the guide actually is.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.    Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Ares wrote:
Yuki wrote:

Not nessesarily, more doesn't always mean better, and if the JP book has out dated info, then there's no need to translate it.
it's the same game breh TrollJho

But this is pretty nice, IMO the Brady Games guide is pointless since it (seemingly) can't be viewed on the 3DS or Wii U without an internet connection.
I'd be all over the 3DS guide if it had an app dedicated to it, but from the looks of it it doesn't. Which sucks.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.    Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 1:44 pm

This is more what I was talking about Yama. I know it's the same game ._.

dcj91x wrote:

Furthermore... You can translate the Japan guide for the 3ds just fine... but that wont include any of the updates since the WiiU version launched and nothing for the Western version at all. So no pictures of Western even quest items or anything... So That seems more of a fail then Brady Games at least giving us something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.    Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 2:26 pm

Yuki wrote:

I thought I was pretty "Chill", I just don't see how you can say something is a fail (as the title of the thread states) without having actually seen it yet.

Also, I think people are missing the fact that there were 2 versions of the MH3U guide in japan. Yes there was the 1200 page one which included not just the MH3G manual but a lot of art and interviews as well... But there was also just a 350 page manual also. The 350 mage manual (again just for the 3DS version) was basically just a MH3G guide and art of monsters.. Most of which took up a full page weather it needed to or now.

It's very likely that the BradyGames Guide is a translation and Update of the 2nd, 350 page guide not the 1200 page one with all the interviews and everything else in it. And if they chose to reduce some of the monster pictures and put several per page instead of just one.. That would drastically reduce the page count as would taking out art that wasn't 3U or western spacific.. Such as all the Japan events like the Universtal studio's Street Pass/Spot Pass event for 3G. That alone may have taken up quite a large space in both books from Japan.

Back to top Go down
Volke
Aptonoth
Volke

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.    Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 4:30 pm

For someone that collects guides, I would love to get my hands on a hard copy 1,200 page tome. I want it now ...
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.    Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:20 pm

I had a feeling Bradygames would not be able to articulate a proper Monster Hunter guide. You know how deep the mechanics of the game is? Bradygames doesn't stand a chance. Might as well just ctrl+p gameFAQs.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.    Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:29 pm

Jader7777 wrote:
I had a feeling Bradygames would not be able to articulate a proper Monster Hunter guide. You know how deep the mechanics of the game is? Bradygames doesn't stand a chance. Might as well just ctrl+p gameFAQs.

It has very little to do with Brady games I believe.. See my post above. Again.. What would be the point of having pictures of Japan events in a western Guide?
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.    Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 8:07 pm

I'd get the guide as a collector's item; there is no actual use for it as far as I know because we have the wikia and what not.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.    Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 1:34 pm

Sai_ wrote:
I'd get the guide as a collector's item; there is no actual use for it as far as I know because we have the wikia and what not.
The wikia's been falling behind in recent years regarding information other than monster pages.

But like I said before, a digital guide ready to go at any time without needing an internet connection would be good. Especially for 3DS players who may not have access to an internet connection all the time. Fair enough with the Wii U version, it's a home console but on a handheld this is vital imo...
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.    Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 3:04 pm

Yama, I did check.. the WiiU can access some of the BradyGames Guides.. depending on how they are set up and if you are registered with them... The 3DS can not..

Most smart phones do however have a PDF readed and can access the Guides or people have Laptops.. So there are a few ways to have the guide hany while still playing.

Also, checked into it more.. The 1200 page guide actually as less spacific game information than the 250 page bradygames guide. In the 1200 pg Japan guide a majority of the endgame stuff is marked as ???? And there's just a lot of fodder. Art pictures, Japan events that NONE OF US (most likely) went to. So even if they do translate it... What would be the point? Give me a useful 250 pg guide over 1200 pgs of stuff I can't use any day. Digital or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.    Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aftre Bradygame's epic fail.
Page 1 of 1