Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunters! What else do you play that's like MH?  Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunters! What else do you play that's like MH?  Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunters! What else do you play that's like MH?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Volke
Aptonoth
Volke

Thank you Points : 0

Hunters! What else do you play that's like MH?  Empty
PostHunters! What else do you play that's like MH?

Getting a thread going here on what everyone plays besides Monster Hunter that's kinda like MH. I use kinda loosely.

Me?

Dark Souls - enemy and boss fights require learning their movements. Different weapons and armor make combat even deeper.

Fire Emblem: Awakening (Radiant Dawn is the best hehe) - No hunting, but grinding, and specialized units.

WoW - This game just reminds me of WoW. Haven't played in years, too much dedication needed to keep up with friends.

Final Fantasy 12 - When you start, no, this game is nothing like MH. Once you've leveled up and have freedom, however, this game is a lot like monster hunter. They have special quests for hunting rare game (some only appear when it rains, others quests require an all female party for a rare monster to appear). Then there's the rare loot you get from some of the quests. Hands down my favorite FF ever. If you check the forums on this game they are still very much active.

And now it's your turn! Games do not have to be identical to MH. Just games that you feel are similar in one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Hunters! What else do you play that's like MH? :: Comments

Re: Hunters! What else do you play that's like MH?
Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:13 pm by Atalanta
Shouldn't this be in:

Non-MH Games and Gaming?

Anyways -

Like MegaMan (particularly the earlier ones) - beat boss, get a better weapon. Plus you can't beat a boss unless you learn its attack patterns.

uriel1994
Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:15 am by uriel1994
Atalanta wrote:
Shouldn't this be in:

Non-MH Games and Gaming?

Anyways -

Like MegaMan (particularly the earlier ones) - beat boss, get a better weapon. Plus you can't beat a boss unless you learn its attack patterns.

Yes, yes it should
*on topic*
I'll play any game that is not call of duty.
Will
Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:42 am by Will
Atalanta wrote:
Shouldn't this be in:

Non-MH Games and Gaming?

Anyways -

yes it should, which is why I moved it.
Oni Zelkami
Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:55 am by Oni Zelkami
How are those last 3 anything like Monster Hunter? I'll take your word on Dark Souls, but to me, the only games sort of like Monster Hunter are Vindictus, Dragon's Dogma, and those weird Chinese knock-offs.
GobulHunterJames
Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:44 pm by GobulHunterJames
Phantasy Star Portable 2.
Character customisation, different weapon types, go on quests nearly the same way as MH, although the fights are a lot different, you still end up fighting bosses in a real time area.
dcj91x
Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:05 pm by dcj91x
GobulHunterJames wrote:
Character customisation, different weapon types, go on quests nearly the same way as MH, although the fights are a lot different, you still end up fighting bosses in a real time area.

ummmm... You do know thats where the Idea for MH came from.. well PSO anyways.. So yea I would think Phantasy star would be like MH ;)

Quote :

The small-scale template established by Phantasy Star Online was later copied by Capcom's Monster Hunter series, which in turn influenced every major Japanese RPG franchise, including Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy.
Ataraxia
Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:50 pm by Ataraxia
Volke wrote:
Final Fantasy 12 - When you start, no, this game is nothing like MH. Once you've leveled up and have freedom, however, this game is a lot like monster hunter. They have special quests for hunting rare game (some only appear when it rains, others quests require an all female party for a rare monster to appear). Then there's the rare loot you get from some of the quests. Hands down my favorite FF ever. If you check the forums on this game they are still very much active.

I never even thought of that... might have to go back and finish that game. I remember the music being great, I just got bummed out cause the story seemed to stall for me.
Ares
Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:26 pm by Ares
Shin Zelkami wrote:
How are those last 3 anything like Monster Hunter? I'll take your word on Dark Souls, but to me, the only games sort of like Monster Hunter are Vindictus, Dragon's Dogma, and those weird Chinese knock-offs.

I was thinking the same thing x.x
Un-Tan
Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:54 pm by Un-Tan
Tera - It is pretty much what you get from mixing MH with a MMORPG
Tomderdepp
Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:10 am by Tomderdepp
Gods Eater- a manga styled MH clone hunting areas only consist of one zone, only three weapon types (actually you have some kind of customable gunblade with three different types of blade/gun/shield) story is quite interesting but predictable
GobulHunterJames
Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:04 am by GobulHunterJames
dcj91x wrote:
GobulHunterJames wrote:

ummmm... You do know thats where the Idea for MH came from.. well PSO anyways.. So yea I would think Phantasy star would be like MH ;)

Quote :

The small-scale template established by Phantasy Star Online was later copied by Capcom's Monster Hunter series, which in turn influenced every major Japanese RPG franchise, including Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy.
Well the thread is about games that are like MH, so the game that MH is based from is a definite mention. :3
Sephastus
Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:10 pm by Sephastus
Ragnorok Odyssey -

So much like MH... and at the same time, so much not like MH.
Andrew.
Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:17 pm by Andrew.
Uhh, I joined the Skyrim party about 2 years late. So that's what I've been doing this week...
yvz
Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:43 pm by yvz
Avabel Online on Android/IOS
laoshanicrus
Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:19 am by laoshanicrus
BORDERLANDS....MONSTER HUNTER....WITH GUNS!!!
also garrys mod has monster hunter addons....so yea...
Ares
Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:06 pm by Ares
laoshanicrus wrote:
also garrys mod has monster hunter addons....so yea...

FPS =/= Monster Hunter. I have to religiously hate FPS'.
Jojozityjo
Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:01 pm by Jojozityjo
RaiderZ, it's like mmorpg mixed with MH in a very nice mixture, i love it lol
Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:12 pm by Snagglux
laoshanicrus wrote:
If Borderlands is anything with guns, it's sure as Hell not Monster Hunter. More like Diablo with guns.
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:44 pm by sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Dark souls, not exactly the same as mh but its well made and the combat is excellent, sadly at this point pvp is all about exploits and ganking unless you find a fight club for organized duels or team events
pumpkinslayer
Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:28 am by pumpkinslayer
Hunter Blade TrollJho
Jojozityjo
Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:44 pm by Jojozityjo
omg hunter blade XD

i wanted to play that, but then Raiderz showed up and just took the cake without being a total renamed ripoff XD
pumpkinslayer
Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:07 pm by pumpkinslayer
I don't really think there is anything like monster hunter, it's why it's so successful in japan.
Otoshimo
Post Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:01 pm by Otoshimo
pumpkinslayer wrote:
Hunter Blade TrollJho

Dude HB was so retarded. I'm glad they shut the site down already.
I'm more surprised Global Times didn't get their asses sued (if they already havn't)
quidam
Post Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:52 am by quidam
how would they get sued? if you take a mh monsters and change it a bit it's no copyright infringment anymore.

heck, they can even sell this:

Spoiler:

it's especially impossible to enforce copyright on anything china-based.

Hunters! What else do you play that's like MH?

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next