Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Questions on purchasing Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Questions on purchasing Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions on purchasing

Go down 
+3
Chagrilled
Silverwind
Outkin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Outkin
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada BC

Questions on purchasing Empty
PostSubject: Questions on purchasing   Questions on purchasing Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:46 pm

I have a few questions about purchasing this game...

Is it legal to charge tax on prepaid game cards? I'd be crap if I got taxed twice for downloading (it'd be like $15 bucks taxed...)

Which is the best in terms of preformance? Disc, internal memory, or external memory?

Do I lose out on anything if I download?

Does downloadable version launch at the same time as retail?

How much memory will the downloaded version take up?

Thanks for your time!
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Questions on purchasing   Questions on purchasing Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:19 pm

Can't answer all the questions, but I'll answer what I can.

I believe having the game on the disc gives a bit better performance and faster loading screens, but it'll be rather minor and probably only knock a second or two off changing areas.

You get everything you can downloading it that you can from disk, except the digital strategy guide that comes from preordering from gamestop (It'll be free by 1AM the 19th online anyways)

Download launches at the exact same time, give a few minutes for update/time zone. Unless you try and download at midnight you won't notice if that is the case.

Don't know the answers to those other ones off the top of my head though, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Chagrilled
Chagrilled

Thank you Points : 34

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Questions on purchasing   Questions on purchasing Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:16 am

internal or external will definitely be faster, i think internal is fastest, because the usb 2.0 max transfer cap is pretty low. as a note when i say faster, i mean loading screens.

wii u version is 6.07GB, so if you have the basic wii u (8GB) it's going to take up most of the internal space.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Questions on purchasing   Questions on purchasing Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:27 am

^ Actually the WiiU had an update yesterday to increase loading speed times on both download games and disk games. There will be another update in early April that will further increase the WiiU's operating speed and many other things.

So overall it really shouldn't matter which one you get it's all about preference.
Back to top Go down
uriel1994
Melynx
uriel1994

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Questions on purchasing   Questions on purchasing Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 10:22 am

Chagrilled wrote:
internal or external will definitely be faster, i think internal is fastest, because the usb 2.0 max transfer cap is pretty low. as a note when i say faster, i mean loading screens.

wii u version is 6.07GB, so if you have the basic wii u (8GB) it's going to take up most of the internal space.
The basic wii u only has 5gb since the update takes 3gb, so you won't have enough space.
Back to top Go down
DeLLy
Kelbi
DeLLy

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Questions on purchasing   Questions on purchasing Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Tax: This is a great question that I have no idea, but I'd like the answer to this as well.

Performance: Internal memory(download), but not by much and won't make a difference in the end.

Download: You don't lose anything except harddrive space and a physical copy of MH3U.

Launch: It is supposed to launch the same time, but remember you'll have to download it which will take time.

Memory: MH3U takes up 6 GB. Meaning it won't fit on the Basic Wii U and takes up around 1/4th of the memory of the Deluxe edition.
Back to top Go down
RDC
Bnahabra
RDC

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Questions on purchasing   Questions on purchasing Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 1:06 pm

Did you pay tax for the pre-paid card? There will most likely be tax for the game wherever you are. Using New York as an example, if I bought a pre-paid card and paid tax for it, I would essentially be paying tax twice as I will still need to pay tax for the game.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions on purchasing   Questions on purchasing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions on purchasing
Page 1 of 1