Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Do your Village Quests first... Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Do your Village Quests first... Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Do your Village Quests first...

Go down 
+15
YamiGekusu
laoshanicrus
bill_the_noob
Avoka
Sir Tristen
Saisei
RDC
PAiN---
toadmasterCC
Lalo
Outkin
Tirith
Antari18
Gilgames
dcj91x
19 posters
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Do your Village Quests first... Empty
PostSubject: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 2:02 am

I want to give just a quick..ish explanation of how the quests in MH3U are set up and why it may be important to Solo quite a bit of the village quests before doing the Port Guild quests.

First you have the village quests which are your normal quests. 1star to 9star village quests.

2nd you have the Port or Guild quests. These are the online/local multiplayer quests but are also accessible for offline solo play. These quests are 1-5star quests then Grank 1-3star quest.

More on how this is set up latter.

Unlike in MHTri, the port quests do not start out with the same quest or low level quests that you have in the village quests. For example village quests 1* starts with Harvest Shrooms, Farm aid, Guts, Prescription pick up, Goldenfish, and No love for Ludroth.

Port 1* starts with: 4 paw pass quests, a Quropeco hunt (which in the village quests you don't hunt until 3* quests), deliver wyvern eggs, deliver mushrooms, hunt a barroth, hunt a rathian, royal Ludroth, gobul, golden fish, lagombi, and the final quest on the 1* guild is hunt a lagiacrus.

Also, though all quests are able to be played solo some monsters are only accessible on village quests or port quests. For example the regular Ceadeus and Ala are Village quests monsters while Guran and several other monsters are Guild Quest monsters.

So though you can do all quest (unlike in Tri) there is a higher difficulty starting out on lower lever guild quests and there is a benifit from doing the village quests before jumping straight online or going right into the guild quests.

Just a few things to keep in mind.

Here's a link to the quests if you'd like to look them over.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3U:_Village_Quests

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3U:_Guild_Quests
Back to top Go down
Gilgames
Melynx
Gilgames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 5:22 am

I get the feeling it would be wise to start the village first.
I see lots of double, triple and quadruple monster quests!
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 8:56 am

Yeah i know it will be harder but i'm planing to give up on village and get straight to port. I guess you can face Bracchi faster in the Port than in the village. In the village it's 8 star and in port it's 3 star. Not to mention my main goal it to obtain G rank sets since all low rank are have same look as it has in Tri. Well that's how i plan it, but if i see that it's too hard i'll come back and save the village first :P
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Tirith
Bnahabra
Tirith

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 9:35 am

it may be worth the time to at least get shakalaka from the village before going online, maybe get a base set of gear aswell.
i think i'll get up to 3* village quests available before worrying about online.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 10:31 am

Antari18 wrote:
Yeah i know it will be harder but i'm planing to give up on village and get straight to port. I guess you can face Bracchi faster in the Port than in the village. In the village it's 8 star and in port it's 3 star. Not to mention my main goal it to obtain G rank sets since all low rank are have same look as it has in Tri. Well that's how i plan it, but if i see that it's too hard i'll come back and save the village first :P

Keep in mind resources as well. Though 3U gives you an abundance of PawPasses they also come with more difficult monster to deal with. And unlike in Tri no building up to them to gain the supplies you need latter on.

Building up your farm in the village, having your ships and often checking on those or if you choose not to building up enough money to buy the supplies you need (if you are able to complete quests at the port and not in the village without properly preparing first).

Regardless of what you decide those who have been looking and asking for more of a challenge... I think will find it.
Back to top Go down
Outkin
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada BC

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 12:38 pm

This makes me happy ^_^ Sometimes I don't like to quest with others. And long term, unlike tri, we won't lose half the game like in tri. Thanks capcom! and thanks for telling us dcj91x!
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 1:15 pm

It's settled

4 full days offline with wathever I can achieve, then online
Back to top Go down
toadmasterCC
Popo
toadmasterCC

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 6:28 pm

I think I'll complete the village before I even think about trying to handle the port quests. Just like I did with tri, I'm gonna finish the village and get a good selection of armors and weapons, then try and tackle the harder stuff.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 1:53 pm

i've always done the village quests first. I like to use the farm to it's max potential, use the help of a comrade, and to use the perks of the ships to gather for me. i still can't decide on which i want to do first, the guild quest look sooo fun! ugh
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
RDC
Bnahabra
RDC

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:14 pm

I did the village quests first in Tri before going online. I will definitely finish the village, but I might alternate between the two after I get my farm and and ships up to snuff.
Back to top Go down
Saisei
Felyne
Saisei

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 9:20 am

Like PAiN has stated, the farm is the biggest reason why I always do the village quests first. MHTri has spoiled me by throwing honey and flashbugs everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Sir Tristen
Aptonoth
Sir Tristen

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:34 pm

I will also be farming and fishing before going online. I also would like at least Cha Cha, if not both of the little minions. Once I got some decent equipment and the funds/supplies to support bowgunning, I will jump online. I do have a goal to get through at least the entire offline story, if not complete the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Avoka
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 3:52 am

I suppose the guild paw pass quests do open the door for accessing more materials, eg. rare ores early in the game. This might enable you to make some resonable gears ealier.
Back to top Go down
bill_the_noob
Bnahabra
bill_the_noob

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): France

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 7:30 am

my plan is to do village first into high rank, than start mixing offline port quests
going to solo all quests anyway, then go online
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 9:20 am

first:i have returned!

second: im gonna laugh so hard when people say "arrr this game so hard i cant beat lagirus......waaaaaaa im sad" hahahahaah....
Back to top Go down
YamiGekusu
Melynx
YamiGekusu

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Over there

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 2:09 am

toadmasterCC wrote:
I think I'll complete the village before I even think about trying to handle the port quests. Just like I did with tri, I'm gonna finish the village and get a good selection of armors and weapons, then try and tackle the harder stuff.

Pretty much this. I'm definitely gonna do the Village Quests when I get my game later this week
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos
pumpkinslayer

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Although I might do the occasional port quest, I am planning on getting brachi armour first, so I can get a bit of a head start.
Back to top Go down
Tirith
Bnahabra
Tirith

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 5:12 pm

so far i'm up to HR3 online, i have completed up to <but not including> the 4* dragon lady quest to kill a rathian in the village
i have great wroggy gear and it seems to be enough to have kept me going w/out further upgrades until high rank online.. brachy gear may be overdoing it a bit. =)
and you will likely still have to upgrade when you get high rank.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos
pumpkinslayer

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 5:32 pm

Tirith wrote:
so far i'm up to HR3 online, i have completed up to <but not including> the 4* dragon lady quest to kill a rathian in the village
i have great wroggy gear and it seems to be enough to have kept me going w/out further upgrades until high rank online.. brachy gear may be overdoing it a bit. =)
and you will likely still have to upgrade when you get high rank.
But... it looks so cool...
Back to top Go down
Tirith
Bnahabra
Tirith

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 11:49 pm

well, if you want it for looks, it's your game play it the way you want =) but for stats i think it's a needless step.
Back to top Go down
Paralykeet
Melynx
Paralykeet

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 1:23 am

Tirith wrote:
well, if you want it for looks, it's your game play it the way you want =) but for stats i think it's a needless step.

:P Honestly, you could apply that to any gear set. Anything upgraded enough will have enough DEF to reasonably tangle, and any BM weapom with blue sharpness will be good enough to get the job done. It's kind of the tail wagging the dog to try to "seriously" tech out in MH, because in the end preference in armor skills and aesthetics trump all else.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 4:55 am

Screw this I'm going to get some elitist/bastard G rankers to carry my lazy ass through the ranks.

Screw the village that's for poor people I mean sure I miss out on some ugly horned beast but who the hell cares about that?

/gratz if you got the reference.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos
pumpkinslayer

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 6:34 am

OMG GAME Y U NO ARRIVE QUICKER >.> God damn royal mail.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 6:24 pm

haruno wrote:
Screw this I'm going to get some elitist/bastard G rankers to carry my lazy ass through the ranks.

Screw the village that's for poor people I mean sure I miss out on some ugly horned beast but who the hell cares about that?

/gratz if you got the reference.
HAHAAHAHAHAHHAHA TrollJho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do your Village Quests first...   Do your Village Quests first... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do your Village Quests first...
Page 1 of 1