Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Should I buy the Wii U? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Should I buy the Wii U? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Should I buy the Wii U?

Go down 
+2
Sephastus
cotser101
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cotser101
Aptonoth
cotser101

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Should I buy the Wii U? Empty
PostSubject: Should I buy the Wii U?   Should I buy the Wii U? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:26 pm

I mean,
online play Wii U only?
Wth Capcom?
Okay, yeah it makes me mad, but I really want to buy it.
And I calculated the costs of getting it on amazon/ebay.
Total comes to around €350, with the games included.
I wouldn't be buying it solely for MH3U, Obviously...
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy the Wii U?   Should I buy the Wii U? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:32 pm

If it is not an economic hazard for you, and you are not putting other more important things than a game in jeoperdy... then yeah, go with the WiiU.

We can't make this decition for you, and can only recommend based on what you have said. But you know your life better than we do.

Do I personally think it is a good investment for me? Heck yeah!, but you will have to judge your own decition based on your unique circumstances.

You will NOT be able to play online unless someone has a WiiU. with the 3DS only, you can only play with nearby people.
Back to top Go down
cotser101
Aptonoth
cotser101

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy the Wii U?   Should I buy the Wii U? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 5:02 pm

I like to hoard my money,
but I can afford it.
Someone put it nicely yesterday
2 hour movie = €15 = €7.50/Hour
1000+ Hour game = €350 = €0.35/Hour
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy the Wii U?   Should I buy the Wii U? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 5:16 pm

I would suggest looking around the forums at the others who have asked this question.. It has been answered many times..

But to keep it MH3U related.. What about MH3U on the WiiU interests you more than MH3U on the 3DS?

Is the online to play with friends and others the only reason?
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy the Wii U?   Should I buy the Wii U? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:42 pm

No! It's a trick! Nintendo don't want you to have fun, that's why they make their own console so you'll buy it instead of a Playstation or Xbox! Don't fall for it!
Back to top Go down
Saisei
Felyne
Saisei

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy the Wii U?   Should I buy the Wii U? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 9:12 am

dcj91x wrote:
But to keep it MH3U related.. What about MH3U on the WiiU interests you more than MH3U on the 3DS?

I happen to like MH3U on the Wii-U more than I do on the 3DS (based off of the demo). The Pro controller feels more comfortable and I don't like the kick/special attack button being on the touch screen on the 3DS. The only downside is I have to keep the touch screen on a stand if I want to easily access it. Otherwise, it's kind of a pain.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy the Wii U?   Should I buy the Wii U? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:02 pm

Saisei wrote:
dcj91x wrote:

I happen to like MH3U on the Wii-U more than I do on the 3DS (based off of the demo). The Pro controller feels more comfortable and I don't like the kick/special attack button being on the touch screen on the 3DS. The only downside is I have to keep the touch screen on a stand if I want to easily access it. Otherwise, it's kind of a pain.

Yea, and I was the opposite. I as far as the WiiU.. I liked the GamePad better.. Having everything in one controller felt nice to me.

As far as the 3DS.. It never really bothered me. I am pretty adaptable with any game design if its not unplayable. I mean it's going to happen. you go from arcade to atari to sega, nintendo and so on.. you have to adapt.. and some day who knows what. You either learn to move on or just quit playing the game. Get your head chopped off.
Back to top Go down
Volke
Aptonoth
Volke

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy the Wii U?   Should I buy the Wii U? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:07 pm

cotser101 wrote:
I mean,
online play Wii U only?
Wth Capcom?
Okay, yeah it makes me mad, but I really want to buy it.
And I calculated the costs of getting it on amazon/ebay.
Total comes to around €350, with the games included.
I wouldn't be buying it solely for MH3U, Obviously...

I'm not sure if you can do this out in the UK, but I live in Chicago. I went to Craigslist to purchase my Wii U and HD. Spent a total of $250, which included the system new, and a 160GB HD with power supply.

That's the route I'd go, Craigslist. Amazon and eBay will charge you retail. You don't want that. I don't know how old you are, so if you're just a kid, have a cousin help you look for one and buy one.

Good luck! Side note, Metroid will eventually come to the WIi U. Metroid! Also, the system is a lot of fun to play with.
Back to top Go down
Saisei
Felyne
Saisei

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy the Wii U?   Should I buy the Wii U? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:19 pm

[quote="Volke"]
cotser101 wrote:
Good luck! Side note, Metroid will eventually come to the WIi U. Metroid! Also, the system is a lot of fun to play with.

That was probably the main reason I got a Wii-U. I'm a HUGE Zelda fan, and I knew eventually a Zelda game would be announced (it wasn't announced at the Wii-U launch). Smash brothers is in that same mind-set as well.

And I totally agree with you dcj91x. I'm getting both versions of the game, so the 3DS controls don't bother me TOO much. I just prefer the Wii-U is all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy the Wii U?   Should I buy the Wii U? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should I buy the Wii U?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii U :: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate-
Jump to: