Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 
 

 Hunting Journal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lalo
Gore Magala


Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Hunting Journal   Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:36 am

First topic message reminder :

well, first day of hunting. got a lot done.

fought my way all the way to lagiacrus, on the port I just defeated rathian
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
RupertKnight
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:39 pm

I just picked up 3U for the 3ds when it was on sale. I spent the weekend gathering materials and preparing for my first few hunts.

I have played lots of tri, so the beginning is largely repetition. To keep things interesting, I have decided to give the SnS a go. Never really used it before - I like the mobility, but I am having troubles breaking Peco's face. I am fascinated by the hunting horn, so I think I will try that out some.

It feels great to be hunting again Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios


Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:07 pm

@RupertKnight wrote:
I just picked up 3U for the 3ds when it was on sale. I spent the weekend gathering materials and preparing for my first few hunts.

I have played lots of tri, so the beginning is largely repetition. To keep things interesting, I have decided to give the SnS a go. Never really used it before - I like the mobility, but I am having troubles breaking Peco's face. I am fascinated by the hunting horn, so I think I will try that out some.

It feels great to be hunting again Yes by vort

Welcome to the MH3U experience, and, yeah, the beginning really is basically the same as Tri's, which was part of the reason it took me a while just to even actually start playing this game ">.>

Got a Zin Skymerald just a few minutes ago, so that will go to finishing my Vangis X set. I'll continue to do "Mountain Massacre" and catch the Zinogre, seeing as how this has a decent rate to get the Skymeralds. Apparantly this same Zinogre that gave me this Skymerald was also my 30th one.
The Rathian in this quest was my 60th, plus it gave me a mantle. That was definitely a good round cat
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:57 am

So I was playing Metal Gear Peacewalker and fought the Rathalos and Tigrex on there and after had the urge to play MH3U for the first time in a few months. Went online and did a quick G Ivory Lagia, then fought Zinogre a few times. Brought out my upgraded Pellet Set and also did a GS run. Got bored VERY quick and got off D: I'm in that mode where if I play, I only want to play with friends or forumers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Sai_
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:25 pm

@PAiN--- wrote:
So I was playing Metal Gear Peacewalker and fought the Rathalos and Tigrex on there and after had the urge to play MH3U for the first time in a few months. Went online and did a quick G Ivory Lagia, then fought Zinogre a few times. Brought out my upgraded Pellet Set and also did a GS run. Got bored VERY quick and got off D: I'm in that mode where if I play, I only want to play with friends or forumers.
I'll play wif you /sad/ if I only I had time on weekdays.
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios


Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Switched to the Vangis X armor set after finishing it yesterday, but I'm still using the Pyro Demolisher. I'm still a little startled by the waist item... Because of this one piece's maxed defense alone (136), when this set is at its maximum defense from armor spheres, it matches that of the maxed Miralis and Nether, all three having 670 defense. Of course, if this wasn't true, I wouldn't have switched to it cat
I am still catching the Zinogre in "Mountain Massacre" to try for another Skymerald. A fun fact for those who may be curious, but I got a new record for my largest Nargacuga (silver crown still, sorry) and I got my gold smallest record for Zinogre again recently from this quest.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:03 am

@Sai_ wrote:
@PAiN--- wrote:
So I was playing Metal Gear Peacewalker and fought the Rathalos and Tigrex on there and after had the urge to play MH3U for the first time in a few months. Went online and did a quick G Ivory Lagia, then fought Zinogre a few times. Brought out my upgraded Pellet Set and also did a GS run. Got bored VERY quick and got off D: I'm in that mode where if I play, I only want to play with friends or forumers.
I'll play wif you /sad/if I only I had time on weekdays.
We can always play on the weekends Saiduck ^.^
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
RupertKnight
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:46 am

Managed to get myself up past the gobul. That fight was just terrible. I'm not sure if it is the tiny little screen or not, but I simply could not get the camera to behave itself underwater. I was always swimming in the wrong direction, with the stupid Gobul out of view. Super frustrating.

On the other side of the coin, Barroth seemed really easy. I was expecting a challenge, but he seems alot slower than he was in tri...

Now it is off to the tundra!
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios


Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:16 pm

@RupertKnight wrote:
Managed to get myself up past the gobul. That fight was just terrible. I'm not sure if it is the tiny little screen or not, but I simply could not get the camera to behave itself underwater. I was always swimming in the wrong direction, with the stupid Gobul out of view. Super frustrating.

Now it is off to the tundra!

I think it's more due to adjusting to the controls of 3DS underwater vs Wii underwater. I've never been a fan of underwater battles (I've found I enjoy Abyssal, but that's about it), but I must admit that the Wii's easier to manage the view underwater, in my opinion.
Tundra ought to be fun cat

Been free hunting in the woods at night now. Decided to take a break from ranking up after getting a good round of "Mountain Massacre," getting a Zin Skymerald, Rathian Mantle, and a Nargacuga Medulla (I believe I have eight now) all in the same round. I got lucky and defeated a Deviljho as my sixth monster in one of my free hunts yesterday, so that was fun. Usually I only encounter 3-5 monsters in each of my free hunt rounds, plus Deviljho aren't very common (at least not for me).
I'm determined to stay motivated and get that award for resource points this time... Last time I tried to do this, I dropped the ball after a while of free hunting to do quests.
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Yian Kut-Ku


Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:33 pm

Finally made Mizars Asterim...thingy, switchaxe. Almost have enough materials to make H. Jhen armour.
Back to top Go down
Andy124
Jaggi


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:57 pm

Finally defeated dire mirales with ease. With the ala lance(only upgraded once), I manage to beat it in about 30 minutes. I don't know if it's it 30 minutes, I just assume. Now i'm more confident on farming his armor now.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:46 pm

Got few crowns yesterday, only 1 small left to obtain award and 4 big crowns for big award. Not getting my hopes up for big one because it's possibile to meet some monsters in their king size like Jho or Ian. Still gonna try for few days more.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Verity19
Black Gravios


Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:17 pm

@Antari18 wrote:
Not getting my hopes up for big one because it's possibile to meet some monsters in their king size like Jho or Ian. Still gonna try for few days more.

To be honest, for Ian, I'm actually missing the small crown, having gotten the gold large one a while back. There's a good chance I got it in some advanced quest of some sort... I know I've gotten it in the quest with Ian and Pink Ian before. I only have silver large on Jho, though.

So far I have 126640 resource points. I may try to fit in a few quests here and there today, what with still needing a Dark Dragongem and Lagia Mantle for my Barbarian "Sharq" to become Kibamaru, a Sturdy Fang+ for my Guan Dao to become Yan Yue Dao, etc. I'm thinking I'll watch the forecast and quest when it doesn't look so great, or if I've free hunted so many times and don't like the forecast so much.
Back to top Go down
RupertKnight
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:49 pm

@Verity19 wrote:

So far I have 126640 resource points.
Oh my. I would never have the patience for that. I'm still struggling to add the milk upgrade at my village...

Didn't hunt as much as I wanted to this weekend. I did the repel Lagi quest and the tundra quests. Next is noxi. I want to upgrade my weapons before I move on, but the idea of farming 6 strange beaks is sort of daunting.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:39 pm

For resource points just buy Ice Crystals from granny and convert them for RP. Easy 1M points.

@Verity19: Well it's pure luck, I farmed at least 120 ians and only silver big and gold small crown appeared.

Today I farmed more Agnaktors for my last small crown and award. Too bad only big crown gold appeared. Still good because i helped some other guys get their crown.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Verity19
Black Gravios


Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:08 pm

@Antari18 wrote:
For resource points just buy Ice Crystals from granny and convert them for RP. Easy 1M points.

@Verity19: Well it's pure luck, I farmed at least 120 ians and only silver big and gold small crown appeared.
I might do some mining rounds for more points, too, seeing as how ore can convert pretty well. Buying Ice Crystals will be another thing, but only when they're half price.
I know the crowns are luck, but sometimes there are those quests that just don't give a certain or any crown, from what I've picked up. Just trying to make a friendly suggestion on quests ^^"

@RupertKnight wrote:
Oh my. I would never have the patience for that. I'm still struggling to add the milk upgrade at my village...
No worries, that mostly wasn't free hunting, to be honest. The only reason I have so many points is 'cause I converted nearly 80 Lava Nuggets into resource points, which made up at least 100k of that. I don't use them, so why not cat

Did a little free hunting, got lucky enough to encounter Ivory, then fought Goldbeard and got my Dark Dragongem on the first go. I did "Duty's Call" and only caught the Lagia. In the rewards, I recieved a Lagia Mantle and Nargacuga Mantle both on my first go. It's late now, so I may call it a day on the game soon.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:39 pm

If you don't want (or don't have) to spend the money on Ice Crystals for resources, farming the Uragaan (Low rank) or doing the triple Plesioth quest (High rank, port) can give you a good amount per quest. When I do the Plesioth quest, (which I usually do with my brother, but solo is still easy) I get anywhere from 2-8 fang+. Often I get around 4 or so, and the quest is a pretty easy quest to do.

The Uragaan is also a good way to get resources through the Lava Nuggets (which you get in groups of 2 and 4 in the quest rewards). I think you can also mine them off his back when he tips over (when you attack the feet).

All of that said, my brother and I spent a couple hours and duplicated broken shells and I get my 1 mil. resources that way. :D I know, lame. Isn't it?
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis


Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:46 pm

^ cheater..... ;)
Back to top Go down
Andy124
Jaggi


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:54 pm

Finally defeted Jhen Mohran G rank today. My problem was what I should do after the first round, But i luckily manage to kill him in about 40 minutes.. Now... next up is the subspecies. Anyone got any tips or tricks for me?
Back to top Go down
evahnulahm
Seltas


Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 0276-0576-8464
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:15 am

Finally got the guild bouquet award last night as i farm for zenny to buy ice crystals, and work on upgrading weapons in each class for the artisans award. About 375K into the moga points progress, seems like I am miles away but will continue to farm plessy, uragaan, and ores to mix it up.
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios


Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:38 am

E&Troy wrote:
If you don't want (or don't have) to spend the money on Ice Crystals for resources, farming the Uragaan (Low rank) or doing the triple Plesioth quest (High rank, port) can give you a good amount per quest. When I do the Plesioth quest, (which I usually do with my brother, but solo is still easy) I get anywhere from 2-8 fang+. Often I get around 4 or so, and the quest is a pretty easy quest to do.
Sounds like a good deal, especially since I just got myself broke yesterday doing the last upgrade for my Miralis long sword ^^"
All in all, I did two solo rounds, both successful. The second one gave the Dire Dragongem I needed, plus another one, so the sword's done. I'm planning on getting all the Dire weapons now that I know I can solo them. I also got the title for defeating ten of them, so now my Miralis count's equal to my Abyssal, for now cat


@Andy124 wrote:
Finally defeted Jhen Mohran G rank today. My problem was what I should do after the first round, But i luckily manage to kill him in about 40 minutes.. Now... next up is the subspecies. Anyone got any tips or tricks for me?
Congrats on the successful defeat of G Jhen cat
Most people will say to attack the subspecies as much as possible, which is completely true! A good idea, too, though, from my brother and I teaming up, is to do what he did beforehand and watch "good hunters" face it in videos so as to get a good idea of both the battle and the timings for everything on the ship (gong, binder, etc.). Because he did this, my brother did great protecting the ship while I made sure not to touch anything, since I didn't know the timing. Still don't, to be completely honest ">.>
As far as I'm concerned, it isn't so much after you as it is after the ship.


Last edited by Verity19 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:13 pm

E&Troy wrote:


All of that said, my brother and I spent a couple hours and duplicated broken shells and I get my 1 mil. resources that way. :DI know, lame. Isn't it?
Don't worry, me too ;)
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:53 pm

@PAiN--- wrote:
E&Troy wrote:


All of that said, my brother and I spent a couple hours and duplicated broken shells and I get my 1 mil. resources that way. :DI know, lame. Isn't it?
Don't worry, me too ;)
I'm pretty sure I got the idea to dupe broken shells from you. ;D
Back to top Go down
Andy124
Jaggi


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:36 pm

Just repelled the sub-species for jhen. I don't know if I can kil it within the time limit, but i'll try diffrent strageties.
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios


Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:08 pm

@Andy124 wrote:
Just repelled the sub-species for jhen.  I don't know if I can kil it within the time limit, but i'll try diffrent strageties.

Good luck cat

I don't think I did any hunting today... Busy day with college, but that's fine, I guess.
With only one class in the morning tomorrow and hours to wait until the friend I'm going home with is done, too, I plan on defeating the Abyssal at least two more times to make it official that I've completed twenty quests there. I'm also planning on doing quests to get items for resource points, which will be Plesioth and Uragaan, and figuring out what materials I still need to upgrade some weapons and doing those quests when I feel like changing it up.
Back to top Go down
TheLaw
Moderator


Thank you Points : 10

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 0748-2193-3471
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:55 am

Being online for the past few days, getting crowns for awards, was HR 202 when I started now HR 215 and upgrading weapons along the way, pretty soon I shold have my Artisan's, Crowns and Crabstone awards
Back to top Go down
http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u3769
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Today at 2:18 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Hunting Journal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Hunting Journal
» Hunting Journal
» Macharius Vulcan WIP Journal
» A Druid Journal
» Monster hunting in the new wilderness :D

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii U :: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate-
Jump to: