Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Bow "Arc" Question Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Bow "Arc" Question Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bow "Arc" Question

Go down 
+2
PAiN---
sakura808
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sakura808
Popo
sakura808

Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Hawaii

Bow "Arc" Question Empty
PostSubject: Bow "Arc" Question   Bow "Arc" Question Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 10:17 pm

Wow it's been forever since I've been on these forums since Tri for Wii got boring for me. Great to be back, and back to the weapon I loved since MHFU: the bow!

Anyway, guess I missed the changes since I didn't play MH3rd import, but what does "Arc" mean? I've tried googling it, but I fail apparently.

Let me clarify:

I know the different charge types: Scatter/Pierce/Rapid. This is NOT what I'm asking. Under "Arc" there are Spread/Focused/Blast. THIS is what I'm wondering about.

Thanks ahead of time if you can answer, and I'm so excited to play again! Happy hunting!
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

Bow "Arc" Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow "Arc" Question   Bow "Arc" Question Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 10:51 pm

I don't have a thorough explanation but this is what I know.

When you fully charge a bow, and aim holding down the aim button, you will notice a ring.

Depending on the type, it may be small or large.

There are Spread/ Blast/ Focused.

Instead of shooting straight at the monster, your character will shoot upwards, what happens is your shot will drop down, hitting anything in the ring.

Depending on which your using, the impact is different.

Also, if you hit the head of a monster, it applies K.O. damage, enough hits will eventually K.O. the monster. The Line that you see after the charge is full, can be used to aim at the head.

Spread: Comes down like rain, the ring is pretty large. The hits are scattered in the ring, hence, "Spread"

Focused: Shoots a single shot, the ring is smaller than spread. Kind of like the Pierce shot, focused.

Blast: The ring is medium sized, when you shoot, it lands and hits with small explosives.

This is the simplest way I can explain, there's a member on here Roon, who used bows like crazy in Mhp3, try to PM him.

I use this technique a lot in this video if you want to see how its used with the Spread shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cchZq0w6pS8
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
sakura808
Popo
sakura808

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Hawaii

Bow "Arc" Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow "Arc" Question   Bow "Arc" Question Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 10:57 pm

Just the answer I was looking for. I was wondering what that red glowing area indicated. I just assumed it was just (only) the drop point.

Thankies. :3
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Bow "Arc" Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow "Arc" Question   Bow "Arc" Question Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:35 am

^Drop point and blast radius basically.

Once you get use to each type they are quite fun but take time to figure out and once you do you really don't need the targeting circle at all.

Also, whatever coating you have on is still active. I was using the poision coating and spread on large groups of jaggi. It works quite well. Power and blast seem to combine well also.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

Bow "Arc" Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow "Arc" Question   Bow "Arc" Question Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 7:11 pm

No.

You charge the bow as usual, and press the sprint button to ready your self for an arc attack. You aim up and shoot up and it will rain down on the enemy. As stated above, there are different kinds of rain attacks: focused, spread, and bomb

It is very difficult to aim with it, at least IMO, and I don't think it does much damage. I'd use it if the monster is limping away and you can't reach it effectively with your bow.
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

Bow "Arc" Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow "Arc" Question   Bow "Arc" Question Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:24 am

Just tried them out on demo, it's actually quite easy, on the 3DS just charge up to charge level 3 and press A and you'll fire the spread arc. No aiming needed.

I must say that spread is very effective on a Plesioth on land, it kept trying to smack away the shakalakas and fire water beams at me, then it got hungry and didn't want to move. I also paralysed it with just 4 spread arcs.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

Bow "Arc" Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow "Arc" Question   Bow "Arc" Question Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:40 am

Yea, the aiming a just fine. After a while you won't even need the (r) button to know where it will hit.

And the damage is dependent on the Arc, the bow, the coating and so on.

Just be aware.... It may not be a great thing in groups.
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

Bow "Arc" Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow "Arc" Question   Bow "Arc" Question Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:42 am

Not a problem, I'll be focusing on bows on my 3DS version which I'll only use for hunting solo.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

Bow "Arc" Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow "Arc" Question   Bow "Arc" Question Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 5:01 pm

Here.. I started this.. will add more latter: https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t9548-bow-guide-fun-with-arrows#173628
Back to top Go down
RDC
Bnahabra
RDC

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Bow "Arc" Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow "Arc" Question   Bow "Arc" Question Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 5:30 pm

dcj91x wrote:
Yea, the aiming a just fine. After a while you won't even need the (r) button to know where it will hit.

And the damage is dependent on the Arc, the bow, the coating and so on.

Just be aware.... It may not be a great thing in groups.

Or it MAY be great in groups....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bow "Arc" Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow "Arc" Question   Bow "Arc" Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bow "Arc" Question
Page 1 of 1