Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How was your first Brachydios like?

Go down 
+44
Animated_Shadow
Chai
superhoodie17
St. Huck
MHAEL
It's meh
Faluwen
Spiritlord
juniglee
Unit33
Superowl
Otoshimo
Dross
DaniChi
E&Troy
Koma
sakura808
Tirith
GobulHunterJames
PixelP
Alice
Darklinghunter
TKMT
Akai the White Lightning
Antari18
Crystaelis
Yamatsu
pumpkinslayer
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Snagglux
Andy124
Arkenaw
Sketchyyo
Ultimate Jaggi
laoshanicrus
Paralykeet
Silverwind
haruno
Ares
dcj91x
Saisei
Lalo
PAiN---
Sai_
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:21 am

First topic message reminder :

Mine went horrid. I was using Barbarian Sharq and it took me 36 minutes to kill him. I used up all my potions and died twice, but I broke all his parts and cut his tail and got myself a gem Yes by vort

I started using Plesioth DS and managed to get 15 minute kills.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Darklinghunter
Popo
Darklinghunter

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Europe

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:59 am

Paralykeet wrote:
One of the weird habbits of Brach is that it likes to stand in a part of the map where if you get near him you port into the next area and lick it's paws repeatedly until you bait it out. What I think is the most frustrating thing about the fight though is that Brachydios has the same behaviors as most other Brute Wyverns in that it rages often and exhausts often- which I've considered a bit of a flavor hallmark of the class, but it's made pretty awkward by those rages including explosive punches.

^ How about Diablos , only in rage he fights.

@Topic
My first Brachy was 25min capping with no death but it costed me all pots . After i capped him my Hands shaked for five minutes xD.

Brachy Live Video
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Alice
Popo
Alice

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 1:12 am

My 1st Dios was online, I went in LR Rathalos armor with Gigginox DS. Since it was my 1st time I went prepared. I went straight in did my thang, Dios was easy for me. His moves were easy for me to fight against using DS. He was intimating as when I came into the area, I hesitated on attacking him, instead I just ran around, watching how he fought but all in all, he was a very fun fight, love Dios.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 9:30 am

I died within the first minute of the quest :/ but after that I started to get used to his patterns a bit. I didn't get any good rewards from the first run, but I got 3 gems over the course of 4 brachys...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
PixelP
Popo
PixelP

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 9:44 am

I have never fought Brachy yet but I cannot wait! :D Apparently the Slime Element is OP so yup. The Kelbi Bow (actually called the Slingshot Bow) is heard to have the Slime Element if you have the skill Awakening. Also, what is carted?
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos
pumpkinslayer

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 10:59 am

PixelP wrote:
I have never fought Brachy yet but I cannot wait! :D Apparently the Slime Element is OP so yup. The Kelbi Bow (actually called the Slingshot Bow) is heard to have the Slime Element if you have the skill Awakening. Also, what is carted?

When you die you end up back at base, 'carted' by the felynes, so thats where the phrase comes from :P
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:28 pm

PixelP wrote:

The slime status itself is not as OP as everyone has been saying, it just works on everything so it's extremely versatile. The Kelbi bow is op though :p
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
PixelP
Popo
PixelP

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 3:15 pm

pumpkinslayer wrote:
PixelP wrote:

When you die you end up back at base, 'carted' by the felynes, so thats where the phrase comes from :P

Thanks Pumpkin! Wow, I am a noob when it comes to MH phrases...

@Non - Topic, I FINALLY GOT RATHIAN BLADEMASTER!
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:46 pm

30 minute cap using Ala Victoria I bow. I survived throughout most of the fight, but carted due to dead shakalakas, trapped in corner while it was enraged. When I came back it was asleep and I capped it.
Back to top Go down
PixelP
Popo
PixelP

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 5:08 pm

GobulHunterJames wrote:
30 minute cap using Ala Victoria I bow. I survived throughout most of the fight, but carted due to dead shakalakas, trapped in corner while it was enraged. When I came back it was asleep and I capped it.

You can cap monsters whilst they sleep? If this is true, my failed caps will finally have something to back them up! :D
Back to top Go down
Tirith
Bnahabra
Tirith

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 5:14 pm

it's much easier to drop a trap directly under it while it's asleep, it sleeping doesn't really do anything for the cap itself.

when the trap goes off the monster wakes up in the trap and you throw tranq's at it like normal.
Back to top Go down
PixelP
Popo
PixelP

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:01 am

Tirith wrote:
it's much easier to drop a trap directly under it while it's asleep, it sleeping doesn't really do anything for the cap itself.

when the trap goes off the monster wakes up in the trap and you throw tranq's at it like normal.

Oh, ok. Thanks for telling me!

I finally reached the 5* Village quests! :D Can't wait to get Dragonite Ore to make new weapons! :D
Back to top Go down
sakura808
Popo
sakura808

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Hawaii

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:40 am

Finally got the urgent for this today and gave it a shot. I watched a couple youtube videos to prep myself. I went all-out and brought traps, flash bombs, L+ bombs, max/ancient potions, etc etc etc.

I was doing pretty well when I first started, just focusing on getting tail hits and getting a feel for dodging. I got the tail cut off.

It got pissed.

I got hit by the laser flame thing, and as I was getting up, it pounced me and I got carted right away.

;_;

Went back in and hacked him a bit more. Didn't get hit at all, and I managed to break his horn.

Then it got pissed again, did the wide-area explosion, and pounced me again straight away for another cart.

\( ;_; )/

By this time, I had used 1 ancient potion (to max out my health for 2nd life) and that's it. Getting two-shotted kinda pushed the rest of my stuff to the side. This time, I went in and hacked at his arms. Got both before he raged, and I ran to the next zone just as he lunged me. I managed to live with a sliver of life. Healed up, and waited a couple mins before going back in again. Trapped him, set off bombs, then ran out again. Waited another couple minutes. Went back in, threw some flash bombs, and hacked away until he raged, and I ran out. Did this about 4x. I got a 10 minute warning, so I got a bit daring and kept attacking after he raged. Eventually he limped out. I waited until I got the 5 min warning. Ran in and used my last trap, and captured.

All in all... if you can avoid that headfirst pounce attack, you'll be fine if you can avoid being slimed. I did it in G. Jaggi armor with Barbarian Blade.
Back to top Go down
Koma
Popo
Koma

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 12:20 pm

Mine was REALLY fun! Though I did have a poor choice of Bow, at the time. (I've been working on my Bow Only character mostly)

I went in there with Peco U armour, the Amethyst Bow and a truck load of stuff in anticipation of one heck of a fight-- and man, was I right!

He caught be out a LOT and there were two instances where he almost made me cart (once with about 10% health left while he was raged; he got me with that crazy explosive jump and the other when he exploded me while I was Slimed; surprisingly, didn't die!), but I thankfully managed to avoid his attacks and heal both times.

It took me just under 35 minutes to beat him, and man, was I happy I went into the fight blind! It felt like the first time I fought Zinogre in MHP3rd, only a LOT more satisfying!

I decided to pick up Ceadeus' Bow after that, and gradually, I started to whittle my times down from just under 35 minutes to just over 15 minutes, but each fight still felt awesome!

Oh, and you know how shiny drops sometimes appear when his slime puddles explode? The first one I got was a Gem, and I've had a total of 8 Gems in 12 hunts... but only 2 Tails, lol... the first time I severed his tail? He gave me a Gem... so glad I chose to upgrade to his Bow from the Hunter's Stoutbow; its a LOT cheaper on Tails, that way... (you need only 1 instead of 3)
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 1:35 pm

My first run was abandon.

My brother and I were doing the port version. He had already fought the Dios offline, and new his attack patterns. I however, had not. So we go in and start fighting him for the first time. All is fine until my brother realizes he accidently brought his fire lance with him. So that was when we abandon.

On my second run however, I had my plesioth DS and he had his plain barbrian LS. We killed it in about 15 minutes. We cut and broke everything, and neither of us got a gem. (My brother had already quit trying to get a gem, as he had farmed them too much and wasn't getting a single one. He had decided to just move along in the village quests)

My few runs I've done after that have also gone pretty smoothly. My brother and I usually use a trap or two, with flash bombs. We also normally cap it. (execpt for once, when it never limped away, and we killed it without knowing it was about to die)
Back to top Go down
DaniChi
Diablos
DaniChi

Thank you Points : 136

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 9:06 am

Was going to post a lot earlier but my first Brachydios was with a full group and while using bow basically exhausted/poisoned and paralyzed him for my group ^^ was basically learning the bow and was my 2nd/3rd serious hunt in HR3 as well, those runs I have almost no issues only fainted once with another group of 3 and there was only myself and another in the room and I got targeted twice in a row, but that was after already failed attempt with the group.

But I just did him again with Cha cha and Kayamba in solo port for my HR4 Urgent, took me around 25-30 minutes and basically like most others I exhausted my pots, I was much too hesitatant, at this point I was using a dios gunlance and upgraded LR barroth.

Was pretty satisfying but that wasn't pleased with my own performance though felt like a punching bag for him .- .
Back to top Go down
Dross
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:50 pm

My first village brachy was surprisingly easy. I probably over prepared and I think over use of mega dash juice is what contributes to the easy run. I did nearly cart the first time he went into rage mode and am very thankful I had cha cha wearing the nullberry mask.
I went in with the intent to capture him but never noticed him limping and slayed the foul beast at about the 35 minute mark. Now it's time to farm him so I can give the new weapon a go.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos
pumpkinslayer

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:31 am

I had a barrel o' laughs! no, seriously, i'm not joking! his moves were fairly easy to dodge apart from when he pushed his head into the ground and made a line of explosions, that pissed me off! most of the time i took hits when he used a move i hadn't seen before, i died 2 times but only because i didnt know what to expect, capped him in 25 mins with every part of his body broke/cut!
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:16 pm

The only thing that annoyed me was his super-ground pound when he rages, where the slime explodes instantly. yea everytime I went of to sharpen my luddy axe, BAM -_-"

but besides being Brachy troll'd. It was fairly easy. Running plesi armor so I capped it.
nut no faints, 25 minutes with luddy+ axe, and like 5-6 metas. I was expecting it to be much more difficult. It threw me off when he started limping, I was like "...that's it? i'm not dead yet? o... ok then... *cap*"
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Superowl
Kelbi

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 9:03 am

my first was a tremendously horrific experiance, me and my brother was doing the HR3 urgent quest to get to HR4 and we got humbled spectacularly.

second and third run was went much better, broke everything for the next 2 runs.

i think it was just the new move sets we had to get used to,

that and we both took water based weapons in :D
Back to top Go down
Unit33
Aptonoth
Unit33

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 6:57 pm

Well I finally got round to hunting the chap today through the village quest (I am attempting to 100% the village before touching online).
The Artillery mask just made it way less stressful, as it broke the head an severed the tail (I had no idea it could sever!) I hadn't looked at much gameplay or any guides, so it was mostly a blind run. I got carted once since I was surprised by the hyper-explode move he does in rage mode.
Using the Plesie LS did a great job too.
Back to top Go down
juniglee
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 8:25 am

My first Dios was when I was hunting with my friend as guild urgent quests (HR3 Urgent). He has that one attack where he hooks his arm to the ground, does a 90 degree spin, then a punch with the other arm. I got slimed by the hook, then got hit by the punch from the other arm as well. Whaddya know, instant death...from full health to zero lol.

Fun experience indeed, just running for your lives when it's enraged.
Back to top Go down
Spiritlord
Popo
Spiritlord

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 4:35 pm

I fought him a couple of days ago. I used the Sworn Rapiers (dual swords) and the lr rathalos armour. I hadn't watched any videos about him, or read about any of his moves, so I was pretty unprepared.

I was shocked by how agile he was. I'd expected him to be a slow, lumbering creature, not too much unlike the deviljho. Also, a few of his explosion moves caught me off guard. I died the first time he did his horn-explosion-beam-thing, because I'd expected him to run at me, and not blast me from a distance. I died to this move later on, as well, just after I'd been hit by his explosions-surrounding-him-move. After this I decided to mostly keep my distance while he was in rage mode, then unleash hell once he calmed down.

But, just over 30 minutes into the quest, I slew him. That was bloody satisfying.
Back to top Go down
Faluwen
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 4:49 pm

Mine was like a week ago. I heard that he is very agile and that it is good to have a mobile weapon. But I was all like 'nah, I can do this with my Ceadeus lance' (was only lancing until then) ... I have never been so wrong ._.

The first couple of minutes was a cake, then he enraged and I carted immedietly..

But after 35 minutes and another death I somehow managed to capture that beast. First thing I did after that was crafting a water Switchaxe.. And now I love the swax more than the lance
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 4:51 pm

I hate him when he jumps around, but other than that, he's okay.
Back to top Go down
MHAEL
Aptonoth
MHAEL

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Megadash Juice.... and 4 traps. Makes him very beatable.

I didn't use all the traps, but the megadash juice made him easy. You have to dodge so much.... it makes is much easier with the juice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How was your first Brachydios like?   How was your first Brachydios like? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How was your first Brachydios like?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next