Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 

Questions about Longswords and Freezer Sac

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
skyhonor
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Questions about Longswords and Freezer Sac   Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:30 am

Hello community. I just joined because I have two questions... So as you can see from the title of this thread, I'm a longsword user and it is extremely fun right now too. However I am new to the MH series, and loving MH3U a lot on the 3DS. I don't have a Wii U. Even though there is so much "grinding." However, I wouldn't call it grind because it isn't routine, monsters move differently, the player has to look and evade accordingly. But we all have our own definitions for the word 'grinding' don't we? Anyways, I'm not here to talk about how great the game is because we all know it is fun.

So I'm currently debating on two endgame longswords.

So in a nutshell the 'Megrezís Asterism' has:
-Purple sharpness from the geico.
-726 Attack with 200 Poison
-One open slot.
-Affinity 50%!
-Looks cool too.
-Can be acquired at HR40

While the 'Nether Dilemnity' has:
-White sharpness but can go Purple when having 10 points on Handicraft skill
-858 Attack with 300 Lightning
-No Affinity.
-No open slots.
-Can be acquired at HR70.

I know that I am still in Multi HR3 and getting way ahead of myself... But I can't decide and am still torn between those two longswords.

1. So you the community, may you help me decide which is better? And please do not give me the "it's your preference" nonsense. And also, don't tell me that "You have a long way to go" because I know I do... lol. And also "You will eventually get everything anyways" about that... No I won't, but I might lol. Thank you.

My second question is, is there anyway to hunt for the item called the Freezer Sac because according to the "MH3U Official Guide" it only can on be found from HR Barioth... Look I've been hunting the HR2 Barioth probably for 20+ times sometimes with my brother, but now I can go solo. We've done it by setting traps and bombing the living crap out of it. Soon the Barioth race will go extinct but I still can't find the Freezer Sac item. My brother getting bored of hunting the same monster over and over again with me. So I go solo now. I only have the Diablos set plus it's extremely weak to Barioth ice attacks too. However, I am getting more and more familiar and not getting hit as often as I was used to.

Also I have been getting the Food skill called 'Lucky Cat" and sometimes "Super Lucky Cat' that has been activated too. Is my luck really that bad?! I need two Freezer Sacs too and haven't found any from the Barioth.

2. My question is, has anyone gotten the Freezer Sac from the HR2 Barioth?

According to the guide, the item has a 20% chance from capture or 25% from carve. I've done mostly capture because it gives more items I think, at least it seems that way.

Thank you for your time and good night. And sorry for the long post.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Longswords and Freezer Sac   Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:54 am

first, welcome to the forum, hope you stick around and find what you need

for your LS question...
Spoiler:

but seriosly overall the poison weapon will work with most monsters while the thunder will only work for monsters weak to thunder, take in mind that you will be better farming for most of the LSs. Personally, I would do the thunder one but wouldn't make that my only weapon.

Freezer sacs are only on High Rank barioths, Hunter Rank 2 barioths are low rank monsters, you are hunting the wrong rank monster
Back to top Go down
skyhonor
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Longswords and Freezer Sac   Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:04 am

Thank you so much for clarifying this! I kept on thinking HR means High Rank... But the more you know. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Longswords and Freezer Sac   Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:18 am

HR as High rank is usually used for High rank but in the forum and talks

HR as Hunter rank is used in the game
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Longswords and Freezer Sac   Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:34 am

One question where are getting your rank requirements for these weapons? o.O
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 281

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Longswords and Freezer Sac   Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:43 am

just get all of the good ones...

aww yeah.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Longswords and Freezer Sac   Today at 7:16 am

Back to top Go down

Questions about Longswords and Freezer Sac
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1