Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

The Origin of monster hunter?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: The Origin of monster hunter?   Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:47 am

What do you think is the origin of the monster hunter world? I always had a theory that It is set in a post apocalyptic setting thanks to the guns and stuff. But now I have a theory that the whole planet monster hunter is set on is actually an adult Lao shan lung, and the moment a Lao shan lung grows big enough it will start to go into orbit thanks to its massiveness, but it takes like a million years to grow to its maximum size. But that probably sounds nonsensical to any sane person. I also saw a theory somewhere that the elder dragons created humanity and the wyvernians in a dragon civil war to fight for them, but they made a mistake because the humans were so good at killing dragons they killed their masters, and when the other side made wyverians they also started fighting their masters, but they were losing, and then the humans marched toward the dragons to help their humanoid allies the dragons fled, and now there is non stop war between the elder dragons and the foot soldier creatures they constantly make, and neither side even remembers why they are fighting any more.
Back to top Go down
PixelP
Popo

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:48 am

@pumpkinslayer wrote:
What do you think is the origin of the monster hunter world? I always had a theory that It is set in a post apocalyptic setting thanks to the guns and stuff. But now I have a theory that the whole planet monster hunter is set on is actually an adult Lao shan lung, and the moment a Lao shan lung grows big enough it will start to go into orbit thanks to its massiveness, but it takes like a million years to grow to its maximum size. But that probably sounds nonsensical to any sane person. I also saw a theory somewhere that the elder dragons created humanity and the wyvernians in a dragon civil war to fight for them, but they made a mistake because the humans were so good at killing dragons they killed their masters, and when the other side made wyverians they also started fighting their masters, but they were losing, and then the humans marched toward the dragons to help their humanoid allies the dragons fled, and now there is non stop war between the elder dragons and the foot soldier creatures they constantly make, and neither side even remembers why they are fighting any more.

That sounds bizarre but it does have a story I suppose. I mean, what gave Capcom the idea anyway? So, the dragons created the humans and wyvernians and because the humans and the wyvernians were so good at killing the dragons, they turned against their own masters which WERE dragons? And then the humans marched to them and helped the wyvernians but the dragons fled and now there is an endless war between the humanoids and the dragons although they do not know why they even fight? That's strange.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:30 pm

@PixelP wrote:
@pumpkinslayer wrote:

That sounds bizarre but it does have a story I suppose. I mean, what gave Capcom the idea anyway? So, the dragons created the humans and wyvernians and because the humans and the wyvernians were so good at killing the dragons, they turned against their own masters which WERE dragons? And then the humans marched to them and helped the wyvernians but the dragons fled and now there is an endless war between the humanoids and the dragons although they do not know why they even fight? That's strange.

It wasn't Capcoms idea, I found it on a forum somewhere. Basically there was a civil war between two sides of dragons, the ones that wanted too overthrow the elder dragons and the elder dragons, the rebels made a final weapon to win, a species specially made for killing, the humans, but when they made them they were being sieged by the elder dragons so they were in a bit of a rush, and they forgot to make a way to communicate with them, the humans, made for killing dragons, as they first awakened, with only dragons in front of them, they assumed it to be their enemy, so they attacked, and although the dragons tried to stop them they couldn't because they couldn't talk with them at all. The elder dragons got word of this, but didn't know about the dragons being savagely killed by the humans, so they made something to combat them, they made two different versions of a species they named after them, the wyvernians, normal ones (the ones human sized) to directly combat the humans, and the small ones to made intricate weapons for them that the dragons wouldn't be able to make, but they made the same mistake, the wyvernians started to attack the elders, but the elders were much stronger than the rebels and were quickly in a winning situation, but the humans, sensing dragon blood went out of the castle and helped the wyvernians, eventually beating the elder dragons, and decimating their numbers to the amount their are today (the writer says their used to be 100s) as a result they started to produce other monsters, the usual monsters you fight in-game, but the humans still think the dragons are the enemies, and continue to fight without even knowing what the hell is going on. The elder dragons never figured out why the humanoids attacked them, and just fight for their lives, the shakalakas and the felynes are just failed attempts of creating soldiers than can communicate with the dragons. That's the more detailed jist of it ^^
Back to top Go down
PixelP
Popo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:08 pm

@pumpkinslayer wrote:
@PixelP wrote:
@pumpkinslayer wrote:

It wasn't Capcoms idea, I found it on a forum somewhere. Basically there was a civil war between two sides of dragons, the ones that wanted too overthrow the elder dragons and the elder dragons, the rebels made a final weapon to win, a species specially made for killing, the humans, but when they made them they were being sieged by the elder dragons so they were in a bit of a rush, and they forgot to make a way to communicate with them, the humans, made for killing dragons, as they first awakened, with only dragons in front of them, they assumed it to be their enemy, so they attacked, and although the dragons tried to stop them they couldn't because they couldn't talk with them at all. The elder dragons got word of this, but didn't know about the dragons being savagely killed by the humans, so they made something to combat them, they made two different versions of a species they named after them, the wyvernians, normal ones (the ones human sized) to directly combat the humans, and the small ones to made intricate weapons for them that the dragons wouldn't be able to make, but they made the same mistake, the wyvernians started to attack the elders, but the elders were much stronger than the rebels and were quickly in a winning situation, but the humans, sensing dragon blood went out of the castle and helped the wyvernians, eventually beating the elder dragons, and decimating their numbers to the amount their are today (the writer says their used to be 100s) as a result they started to produce other monsters, the usual monsters you fight in-game, but the humans still think the dragons are the enemies, and continue to fight without even knowing what the hell is going on. The elder dragons never figured out why the humanoids attacked them, and just fight for their lives, the shakalakas and the felynes are just failed attempts of creating soldiers than can communicate with the dragons. That's the more detailed jist of it ^^

That was very long and confusing. So the Shakalaka and the Felyne were just meant to talk with the dragons, but didn't? Wow. I mean, who made this up? Well, I think it'd make a good story, but it is relatively confusing.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:07 pm

@PixelP wrote:
@pumpkinslayer wrote:
@PixelP wrote:
@pumpkinslayer wrote:

That was very long and confusing. So the Shakalaka and the Felyne were just meant to talk with the dragons, but didn't? Wow. I mean, who made this up? Well, I think it'd make a good story, but it is relatively confusing.

Shakalakas and felynes were basically failures of creating something that could combat humans and wyvernians but could also speak with them. after all, they can do neither, but the wild felynes do attack and steal things from you, so I guess not a complete failure, and, at least in freedom unite, shakalakas were aggresive towards you, and overall quite annoying.
Back to top Go down
PixelP
Popo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:43 pm

I suppose that the wild Shakalakas and Felynes gave the creator of this story the idea of a failed warrior to battle the humans since they can fight but are incredibly weak and annoying.
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:54 pm

Why can't there just be Dragons, and everyone's like "Lesh go kill 'em"
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:19 pm

Shin Zelkami wrote:

When you go to hunt a monster, it attacks you without you even touching it, why don't they attack other monsters and not only hunters and other people? It never made sense to me.
Back to top Go down
PixelP
Popo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:27 pm

Shin is right, why can't there be dragons? If those dragons kept the humans as slaves, I can understand why they killed them. But if they treated each other fairly, why did they kill each other? Why couldn't dragons and humans be friends and kill rocks, grass and wheat? I mean, how fun is killing trees and houses?! They're the new monster tbh.
Back to top Go down
Hawkfriend
Jaggi

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:21 pm

@pumpkinslayer wrote:
Shin Zelkami wrote:

When you go to hunt a monster, it attacks you without you even touching it, why don't they attack other monsters and not only hunters and other people? It never made sense to me.

well... there is the fact that you are basically wearing chopped up dead things all over you. and if dung repulses the monsters then what would a walking corpse do?

KILL IT WITH FIRE!
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 155

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:31 pm

all this talk of humans and dragons and this war is sounding too much like skyrim honestly lol

but maybe the dragons are like dinosaurs and when humans came into existence it just became a survival of the fittest, and soon enough humans got smarter and smarter to know how to use the parts of the monster to aid their daily lives or to aid their 'technologies' and thus began hunting them and even made sport out of it for profit.

sounds a lot like how the actual world started lol
Back to top Go down
PixelP
Popo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:40 pm

@Jojozityjo wrote:
all this talk of humans and dragons and this war is sounding too much like skyrim honestly lol

but maybe the dragons are like dinosaurs and when humans came into existence it just became a survival of the fittest, and soon enough humans got smarter and smarter to know how to use the parts of the monster to aid their daily lives or to aid their 'technologies' and thus began hunting them and even made sport out of it for profit.

sounds a lot like how the actual world started lol

I couldn't agree more. Yes by vort Except that Felynes and the Shakalaka have nothing to do with any part of the Elder Scrolls...
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:05 pm

felynes and shakalakas are just crazy cross breeds that happen when something incredibly wrong happens between a monster and a human. Well, maybe.
Back to top Go down
PixelP
Popo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:09 pm

Still, the Shakalaka tribe and the Felynes are in no way related to anything in Skyrim. Besides, Shakalaka are physically impossible (for now) to come into existence whereas Felynes can somewhat come into our existence since they are pretty much cats that talk and walk on their rear legs. If the cats evolve, that will be a possible evolution for them. And, the Shakalaka don't seem humanoid or dragon, they seem "alien"... Anyhow, if somehow a stout human gets mutated into a Shakalaka, god save us.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:14 pm

@PixelP wrote:
Still, the Shakalaka tribe and the Felynes are in no way related to anything in Skyrim. Besides, Shakalaka are physically impossible (for now) to come into existence whereas Felynes can somewhat come into our existence since they are pretty much cats that talk and walk on their rear legs. If the cats evolve, that will be a possible evolution for them. And, the Shakalaka don't seem humanoid or dragon, they seem "alien"... Anyhow, if somehow a stout human gets mutated into a Shakalaka, god save us.

Shakalakas are monster-human hybrids, while they do bear human characteristics, they have green skin, but over all, they are fairly normal for the monster hunter universe, the green skin might be paint (they ARE a tribal people) and the reason their heads look so big is thanks to the masks, overall I think they are those little wyvernians (the ones that forge your weapons) but they are a sort of aboriginal tribe, that abide by the 'old ways'
Back to top Go down
PixelP
Popo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:21 pm

@pumpkinslayer wrote:
@PixelP wrote:

Shakalakas are monster-human hybrids, while they do bear human characteristics, they have green skin, but over all, they are fairly normal for the monster hunter universe, the green skin might be paint (they ARE a tribal people) and the reason their heads look so big is thanks to the masks, overall I think they are those little wyvernians (the ones that forge your weapons) but they are a sort of aboriginal tribe, that abide by the 'old ways'

Possibly the Shakalaka are a mix of Wyverian and Monster. Then again, these are just theories trying to prove an alibi about the MH Universe.
Back to top Go down
OliveHermitaur
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:09 pm

I'd say it's something like instinct, that humans have been hunting them so long that they instictively percieve them as a threat.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:52 am

@OliveHermitaur wrote:
I'd say it's something like instinct, that humans have been hunting them so long that they instictively percieve them as a threat.
That makes sense, but why did the humans start hunting in the first place? for food? to protect themselves? for sport?
Back to top Go down
OliveHermitaur
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:07 pm

@pumpkinslayer wrote:
@OliveHermitaur wrote:
That makes sense, but why did the humans start hunting in the first place? for food? to protect themselves? for sport?
At first I was going to say yes without a second thought, but...maybethe wyverian people taught them how to hunt and that they themselves wished to rule over nature, but numbers were dwindling x3 so why not thow some expendable humans at them?~
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:11 am

So, I was sitting out in my yard the other day and a poisonous snake slithered by. I just watched it as it was over in the woods. A deer walked by it and the snake went on about its business. I thought hmm. I guess it didn't feel the deer was a threat.

FYI, most animals don't attack unless they feel threatened. Dragons usually wouldn't feel threatened by other animals and would have no reason to attack them unless for food. A hunter on the other hand would automatically trigger a danger response in the dragon just as with most animals. (If you've been hunting you'd know this.) a cow would have no reason to deal threatened around a hunter where as a big game animal would and sensing that may attack seemingly unprovoked.

To further add, why do humans do anything... Because they can.

Also, the idea for MH/MHuniverse originated from similarities and ideas from Phantasy Star online.

But if you want to get technical I think the actual MH universe looks a bit like: 101100110011110000

But a lot longer.
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:37 am

@pumpkinslayer wrote:
felynes and shakalakas are just crazy cross breeds that happen when something incredibly wrong happens between a monster and a human. Well, maybe.

^this
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:16 am

@dcj91x wrote:
So, I was sitting out in my yard the other day and a poisonous snake slithered by. I just watched it as it was over in the woods. A deer walked by it and the snake went on about its business. I thought hmm. I guess it didn't feel the deer was a threat.

FYI, most animals don't attack unless they feel threatened. Dragons usually wouldn't feel threatened by other animals and would have no reason to attack them unless for food. A hunter on the other hand would automatically trigger a danger response in the dragon just as with most animals. (If you've been hunting you'd know this.) a cow would have no reason to deal threatened around a hunter where as a big game animal would and sensing that may attack seemingly unprovoked.

To further add, why do humans do anything... Because they can.

Also, the idea for MH/MHuniverse originated from similarities and ideas from Phantasy Star online.

But if you want to get technical I think the actual MH universe looks a bit like: 101100110011110000

But a lot longer.

That makes perfect sense, BUT, wouldn't another large monster be a bigger threat? in quests when there are 2-3 monsters they focus on YOU, not the other monsters that are far larger and are generally much bigger than a slightly oversized, non furry felyne with a needle (from the monsters point of view) for example [SPOILER ALERT] in the crimson qurupeco quest where a deviljho attacks in MH 3U, they focus on YOU, wouldn't a qurupeco be a tastier meal than a human for a deviljho? wouldn't a deviljho be a more imposing threat to a qurupeco? probably, but they still attack YOU, and even if they accidently attack eachother they just carry on trying to destroy you.
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Great White Fatalis guys! Does Monster Hunter even need a back story? MH is not the kind of thing that require great deal of thinking to comprehend. If it did, there'd be animal rights activists all over this thing. This is Capcom after all. They're not exactly know for their masterful writing. There is such a thing as suspension of disbelief you know.
Back to top Go down
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:09 am

right, so; world with similar but different physics(gravity seems to be 80% of earths) to our own where beasts grow the strongest and most useful materials to a growing civilization. due to the civilizations state it does not recognize any danger in hunting these beasts in large numbers and the monsters seem to be able to procreate at as rapid a rate as needed to keep up with the die-off from hunting, occasionally creatures of momentus power are found near civilization and so hunters are sent to kill them to mitigate damage.

thats basically mh in a nutshell and the basic plot for almost every village is to help the village grow/rebuild than destroy some big baddie who threatens the villages safety. this sets mh apart from other games because the hunter isn't some chosen scion of destiny who must save the world, their just a man or woman doing their job and protecting their friends and family from harm and frankly, i find that refreshing.

also in the c.peco quest, i've had the deviljho go nuts on the peco before, sadly cha-cha hit the deviljho and changed his attention to him and then me after he stomped cha-cha. also by this point hunting has been going on for decades, possibly centuries, the monsters are aquanited with humans and know how much of a threat they can be. a real world equiv would be cape buffalo (irl bullfango /no/ ) which have been known to ambush (and kill) hunters before the hunters have taken a single shot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Origin of monster hunter?   Today at 10:54 pm

Back to top Go down

The Origin of monster hunter?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1