Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!


Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 
 

 Monster hunter on ps vita

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jinathin_x_X
Popo


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Monster hunter on ps vita    Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:06 pm

So I got ps vita, been having fun with it. And last week I got monster hunter freedom unite for $10 from psn. Honestly, one of the most entertaining RPG games I have ever played.
But difficulty is just cruel. I remember playing monster hunter 3G demo on 3ds before I sold it. But this game is just a lot harder. It's a lot of fun tho. But I really wish Capcom some how bring monster hunter portable 3rd to N/A psn store with English on it... I was thinking about just buying psp go for $100 with mh3rd with English patch.. But again ps4 is coming out so I am just trying to hold on to freedom unite at the moment...
God Capcom. Hope they realized how popular monster hunter was on psp and make ps vita monster hunter title. Or even 3rd port...
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos


Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster hunter on ps vita    Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:06 pm

Since this is an opinion thread, well i don't think i'll ever buy one, the 3ds filled all my gaming needs, and also i have a psp and still tons of games to play there, yes it could get better sales with monster hunter, but right now nintendo is doing his part to make it work with their sistems.

I was sooooo happy when they made a mh for the wii shouted like a little girl!!, becouse of this game a finally decided to get a 3ds on xmas and also im getting the wii u just to play in hd and with the wife on hr quests.

So your point is valid that it will help sell the sistem, but there is more behind it, i remember reading that capcom did not get that much support from sony maybe on the west? becouse on japan they selled psp like candy with all the mh games.

In the end its all about the money apparently nintendo with mh tri took some of the expenses on the marketing of the game so that's a good chunk of money for capcom.

it's like telling them hey just make the game to my systems and don't worry about the extra costs well that my friend is proffits. Also i saw somewere that the servers where also managed by nintendo this time, to get more control on cheats that happeneed a lot on mh tri becouse the server was a third party.
So yay for nintendo and too bad for sony, will see in the long run how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Jinathin_x_X
Popo


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Monster hunter on ps vita    Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:12 pm

Bought psp go today just to play mhp3rd... It's soooooo good
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos


Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster hunter on ps vita    Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:15 pm

@Jinathin_x_X wrote:
Bought psp go today just to play mhp3rd... It's soooooo good
One question is it region locked? or did you made a japanesse account or something? becouse i have a psp and i wouldn't mind play those games.
Back to top Go down
Jinathin_x_X
Popo


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Monster hunter on ps vita    Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:48 pm

Unless your psp has cfw on it, you will have to make Japanese account and download it for about 3000 yen I think that's about $35. And to English patch on it you need to download patch from team marvick which is pretty simple
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos


Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster hunter on ps vita    Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:58 pm

@Jinathin_x_X wrote:
Unless your psp has cfw on it, you will have to make Japanese account and download it for about 3000 yen I think that's about $35. And to English patch on it you need to download patch from team marvick which is pretty simple
Hu? you make it sound really easy, but will my system have any conflict to be related to 2 accounts at the same time?.
And with cfw you mean if i have homebrew it? becouse my psp it's still pure lolz didn't wanted to homebrew it.
Any guides around to do this? i may do it later this year when im done with ultimate.Thanks
Back to top Go down
Jinathin_x_X
Popo


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Monster hunter on ps vita    Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:11 pm

I like it more than 3G
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster hunter on ps vita    Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:24 pm

I got portable 3rd to work on the vita, but later removed the hack for it, because i wanted some games off psn (requiring me to update, thus patching the hack).

But

Theres rumors i've seen a while back for it.

http://pspslimhacks.com/monster-hunter-4-for-playstation-vita-rumoured/
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos


Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster hunter on ps vita    Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:40 pm

I'm almost positive the reason for the switch for Nintendo was that Sony didn't give a **** about localizing Monster Hunter. So, yeah.
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster hunter on ps vita    Wed May 01, 2013 1:47 am

@Lagiacrus the ultimate wrote:
I'm almost positive the reason for the switch for Nintendo was that Sony didn't give a **** about localizing Monster Hunter. So, yeah.

They would definitely love it for the vita, just like thy did the psp.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster hunter on ps vita    Wed May 01, 2013 10:25 am

This thread is hard to even look at... Not there will not be MH4 for the vita, there was a contract signed to Nintendo so that mh will only be on Nintendo systems for the next like 4 years or something like that...

Also I don't think you're allowed to post links to pspslimhacks...
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
MGRaiden97
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster hunter on ps vita    Wed May 01, 2013 5:23 pm

@Ares wrote:
This thread is hard to even look at... Not there will not be MH4 for the vita, there was a contract signed to Nintendo so that mh will only be on Nintendo systems for the next like 4 years or something like that...

Also I don't think you're allowed to post links to pspslimhacks...

It's not only allowed nintendo. Look at p3rd, came for the psp and ps3, after tri came out (in the west that is). I don't believe its a contract for ONLY nintendo.

If it's a link for MH release, even just a rumor, i'm sure everyone would like to know, thus keeping the post.
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos


Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster hunter on ps vita    Wed May 01, 2013 8:18 pm

I believe the deal came after p3rd. And you didn't listen. Sony doesn't care about MH because they don't think it will make them enough money. The system change is evidence enough of that.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster hunter on ps vita    Wed May 01, 2013 9:32 pm

@MGRaiden97 wrote:
@Ares wrote:
This thread is hard to even look at... Not there will not be MH4 for the vita, there was a contract signed to Nintendo so that mh will only be on Nintendo systems for the next like 4 years or something like that...

Also I don't think you're allowed to post links to pspslimhacks...

It's not only allowed nintendo. Look at p3rd, came for the psp and ps3, after tri came out (in the west that is). I don't believe its a contract for ONLY nintendo.

If it's a link for MH release, even just a rumor, i'm sure everyone would like to know, thus keeping the post.

Yeah... the contract was signed quite awhile after P3rd's release, like a year and a half or more later... But the contract is indeed real, and for the next 4 years or so, no sony mh games :p
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
dcj91x
Fatalis


Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster hunter on ps vita    Thu May 02, 2013 8:23 am

Also. Capcom just recently announced that they have no plans for an MH game on the vita officially. Do a search on google news.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Monster hunter on ps vita    Thu May 02, 2013 2:29 pm

I am happy that it is on Nintendo now, the overall quality of the games have sky rocketed, with WAY more innovation (the only change in the original Monster hunter games were the monsters and weapons, while in just a few years of being on nintendo they already have something completely different in terms of MH4) AND BEST OF ALL, LOCALIZATION ;D
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster hunter on ps vita    Thu May 02, 2013 8:00 pm

@pumpkinslayer wrote:
I am happy that it is on Nintendo now, the overall quality of the games have sky rocketed, with WAY more innovation (the only change in the original Monster hunter games were the monsters and weapons, while in just a few years of being on nintendo they already have something completely different in terms of MH4) AND BEST OF ALL, LOCALIZATION ;D

I or one am not happy about it. Wii just isn't a console for RPG's. The controller is very bad for the game, and the Wiiu isn't too much better, i bought a pro for the game, and MH3 could have been just as good, if not, better on the ps3, more sales too, since Wii's aren't consoles bought for serious games, they would have had the audience of more serious gamers, and even the audience who play PSP and PS2. Same for Xbox too, with their ads on the dashboard, they could have sold even more.

And MH3 just had terrible quality, even with component cables on an HDTV, it looked awful

Not much has changed from tri to unite, except the Underwater fights, and slightly changed fighting system.

And don't forget, Tri's main reason it was successful, was because of the commercials. I was one of the only people in my school who played MH, and people talked about that commercial because it was funny. More people actually tried it out.
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos


Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster hunter on ps vita    Fri May 03, 2013 12:22 am

The commercials of course, were created by Nintendo. And a gain, the entire reason we are getting MH games is because Nintendo cares enough to localize them. You won't get jack shit with Sony.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis


Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster hunter on ps vita    Fri May 03, 2013 8:38 am

@MGRaiden97 wrote:
@pumpkinslayer wrote:
I am happy that it is on Nintendo now, the overall quality of the games have sky rocketed, with WAY more innovation (the only change in the original Monster hunter games were the monsters and weapons, while in just a few years of being on nintendo they already have something completely different in terms of MH4) AND BEST OF ALL, LOCALIZATION ;D

I or one am not happy about it. Wii just isn't a console for RPG's. The controller is very bad for the game, and the Wiiu isn't too much better, i bought a pro for the game, and MH3 could have been just as good, if not, better on the ps3, more sales too, since Wii's aren't consoles bought for serious games, they would have had the audience of more serious gamers, and even the audience who play PSP and PS2. Same for Xbox too, with their ads on the dashboard, they could have sold even more.

And MH3 just had terrible quality, even with component cables on an HDTV, it looked awful

Not much has changed from tri to unite, except the Underwater fights, and slightly changed fighting system.

And don't forget, Tri's main reason it was successful, was because of the commercials. I was one of the only people in my school who played MH, and people talked about that commercial because it was funny. More people actually tried it out.


I think you are missing one major factor. You say it would have sold more on the ps3 however it is unlikely the console version or localization would have ever occurred due to the fact that Nintendo pretty much funded both projects. In the same situation with p3rd.... Though Capcom tried to get support from Sony for localization it never happened and the quality of the console version on the ps3 was (in some people's opinions) very poor.

As far as controller option, mh3u gives you more than any other game. Gamepad, pro, classic and a wide variety of 3rd party as well as the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos


Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster hunter on ps vita    Fri May 03, 2013 5:05 pm

I just love them all and have all the consoles and i bought the 3ds just for mh and now im enjoying the sistem with the many options in the eshop is really nice.
I really enjoyed the psp network when i was playing the psp version, why do i have to be just a nintendo fan boy or sony fan boy or microsoft fun boy?.
Besides the games , and i mean any game, sells becouse they are good not becouse they look good.
if you are an hd fan boy you will miss a lot of great 8 bit games, just becouse they look ugly? in the future this games we are playing now will be the awfull games and people will still be arguing about it so why not just enjoy the games?
I just don't get why people have to be always arguing about wich company has the biggest pen#s WHO CARES! JUST PLAY!
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster hunter on ps vita    Sun May 05, 2013 11:36 pm

@dcj91x wrote:
@MGRaiden97 wrote:
@pumpkinslayer wrote:
I am happy that it is on Nintendo now, the overall quality of the games have sky rocketed, with WAY more innovation (the only change in the original Monster hunter games were the monsters and weapons, while in just a few years of being on nintendo they already have something completely different in terms of MH4) AND BEST OF ALL, LOCALIZATION ;D

I or one am not happy about it. Wii just isn't a console for RPG's. The controller is very bad for the game, and the Wiiu isn't too much better, i bought a pro for the game, and MH3 could have been just as good, if not, better on the ps3, more sales too, since Wii's aren't consoles bought for serious games, they would have had the audience of more serious gamers, and even the audience who play PSP and PS2. Same for Xbox too, with their ads on the dashboard, they could have sold even more.

And MH3 just had terrible quality, even with component cables on an HDTV, it looked awful

Not much has changed from tri to unite, except the Underwater fights, and slightly changed fighting system.

And don't forget, Tri's main reason it was successful, was because of the commercials. I was one of the only people in my school who played MH, and people talked about that commercial because it was funny. More people actually tried it out.


I think you are missing one major factor. You say it would have sold more on the ps3 however it is unlikely the console version or localization would have ever occurred due to the fact that Nintendo pretty much funded both projects. In the same situation with p3rd.... Though Capcom tried to get support from Sony for localization it never happened and the quality of the console version on the ps3 was (in some people's opinions) very poor.

As far as controller option, mh3u gives you more than any other game. Gamepad, pro, classic and a wide variety of 3rd party as well as the 3DS.

The gamepad is quite useless to me, all i ever use it for is the signal. Sure it's pretty cool, but there was no good use in it. But the game still should have had game transfer. I don't even feel like playing because i can't get straight to the new content. I barely play it.

Btw

I think i saw you on 3u, online, you helped me with a quest. HR80 or something, not sure.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang


Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster hunter on ps vita    Sun May 05, 2013 11:47 pm

Save transfer to me seems useless because almost none of the low and high rank sets had skills similar to that of those in MH3. It may have the mh3 name on it but it is a completely different game from it in terms of rank quests keys items needed for certain weapons. Look at rank it is not the same as in MH3 hell hardly any of the quests from tri returned and if they did they were changed in some way or when they were available. It is not a copy paste expansion like unite was to mhf2 they made enough differences where save transfer from one game to the other was impossible.


Edit: Remembered also unite and f2 shared the same console. I know you can transfer your data from the wii to wii u but it was originally a 3DS exclusive ported to the wii u.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Monster hunter on ps vita    Today at 8:51 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Monster hunter on ps vita
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» So Monster Hunter FG PS Vita gameplay...
» Monster Hunter Freedom Unite- Diamyo Hermitaur shell break
» MONSTER HUNTER 2 (PS2) ONLINE
» Monster Hunter Tri Weapon Calculator
» Yamatsu's Monster Hunter Frontier Hunts! [HR22 Dyuragaua video added]

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Start Here: Welcome to the MHWikiForum :: Monster Hunter General talk-
Jump to: