Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Skills/Armor for Gunlance Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Skills/Armor for Gunlance Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Skills/Armor for Gunlance

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pokertito
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

Skills/Armor for Gunlance Empty
PostSubject: Skills/Armor for Gunlance   Skills/Armor for Gunlance Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 2:52 pm

I am new to the game but I enjoy playing with gun lance so far. What skills and armor should I be working towards?
Back to top Go down
Shepherd
Felyne
Shepherd

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Skills/Armor for Gunlance   Skills/Armor for Gunlance Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 10:03 am

If your toting a gunlance around you need to be considering artillery and guard + over most every other skill. Artillery will increase the damage for your shells and guard + (not guard up) will reduce the stamina drain, chip damage, and recovery animation from blocking for each level of it you have. So far I haven't seen a full set with both so your gonna have to mix a set with gems/charms.

Why guard + over evasion? Gunlance has a standing attack that puts you into a blocking state almost immediately. Another reason is that during any animation if you shell you will be able to go into blocking position faster. For giggles you can use these two tactics with the auto block charm and for the few times you misread an attack it will block for you.

Why artillery + ? You should be shelling, often. The boost will allow wyvern shot and the full shell unload attacks to consistently flinch, knock down, and break monster parts. Shelling will prevent bouncing and if you increase the shell damage even the little ones will break gaan's chin without much effort.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Skills/Armor for Gunlance   Skills/Armor for Gunlance Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 10:24 am

From my exp Guard+1 is good enough. Don't underestimate evade+1 though. It's still very usefull for instance vs Narga.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Gilgames
Melynx
Gilgames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Skills/Armor for Gunlance   Skills/Armor for Gunlance Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 6:13 am

I used ingot with artillery jewels for low rank. It gave me artillery novice, guard up, speed sheate and thunder atk +1.
I prefer guard up over guard+, I just want to be able to block plessy's water blast, among others.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Skills/Armor for Gunlance   Skills/Armor for Gunlance Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 6:21 am

Sharp+1
Gunnery Master
Evade+1
Crit eye skills

you're welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skills/Armor for Gunlance   Skills/Armor for Gunlance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skills/Armor for Gunlance
Page 1 of 1