Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone?

Go down 
+7
pumpkinslayer
Silverwind
Lalo
Arkenaw
Sephastus
PAiN---
elchele
11 posters
AuthorMessage
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Empty
PostSubject: Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone?   Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 2:55 pm

Well i sure miss them, sometimes i could get good stuff with little effort , like frezze sacs and heavy armor spares just for using a pitfall tramp on barioth lolz and then just farecast rinse and repeat, and sometimes even landing on the secret spot on the thundra to get even more little effort extra stuff.

I tought it was only on village quest but then i saw some guild ones and they are just gone.

Why do you think they are gone? becouse of the easy way to finish quests? and maybe people where abussing it? i find it hard to be abussed /scar/ aside the one i just told you. And they where a good way to gain extra carves and stuff.

Last edited by elchele on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone?   Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 2:59 pm

what did i just read? what quests are u talking about?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone?   Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 3:02 pm

I always saw subquests as something to entice the new hunters into learning what things get rewarded. Most new hunters did/do not know that you get rewards for breaking body parts, and they would just go straight to what got them the quickest kills. But putting a subquest where during the quest they get a HUREAH and other such fanfare, got them on board of destroying everything they can reach.

With that said, I did like the subquests, only because it got everyone else on board to go for goals other than "Kill this & Return*.

Last edited by Sephastus on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone?   Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 3:02 pm

Subquests the ones on mh tri where you could just do litte stuff like in the bari high rank quest you could just pitfall him and finish the quest, going to the bed and finishing it by subquest, it wont clear the quest but you could get the rewards and stuff fom just doing that.
They are just gone on this game, yea you get stuff from break and wound but that was not the same as a subquest.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone?   Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 3:04 pm

Ohh yeah those! Those were pretty fun to do. I also wondered why those weren't in MH3U..
Back to top Go down
Arkenaw
Rhenoplos
Arkenaw

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone?   Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 3:08 pm

I don't really miss them. I'm pretty indifferent to them. The extra rewards were nice, but I never really used finish via subquest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/arkenaw#
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone?   Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 3:15 pm

^Same here, I as well used it for extra rewards, but i always finished my quests. In a way, it is kind of cheap they way it was.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone?   Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 3:24 pm

They where a way for me to kill time while waiting for people enter my diablos or los room, and also a way to get the quest board moving when i didn't got the quest i wanted. Sure i abused the bari one but o well it was a way to use all those extra pitfalls i had and also kick him in the face while he was in the tramp en do a TrollJho on his face and just farecast back.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone?   Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 3:37 pm

Best way to pass the time now is actually doing a Free Hunt. Just get a harvest quest for the Volcano Area with a farcaster, hack away at the mining/bug points and let your other team members to let you know once they have finished or are in port.

Personally, this is a good way to make money from the volatile coal, the rustshards and the charms.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone?   Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 3:41 pm

Sephastus wrote:
Best way to pass the time now is actually doing a Free Hunt. Just get a harvest quest for the Volcano Area with a farcaster, hack away at the mining/bug points and let your other team members to let you know once they have finished or are in port.

Personally, this is a good way to make money from the volatile coal, the rustshards and the charms.
Thanks, once i get my wii u (in a month or so for my birthday) i'll try this, right now im just with my 3ds and have no friends with the game around so im just solo until i need help im gessing hr3 guild quests?
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone?   Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 3:45 pm

subquests were fun, but overall they were just extra materials since the goals were simple enough as "Brake the head" or "cut the tail" and you were going to do that anyway. Even tho it gave the tears a use in tri.

The only quest I finished via sub-quest was the deliver 9 eggs in 15min quest, why?
when there was a troll in the team or just a useless player and you knew you weren't going to finish, and on top of that someone abandoned cause he didnt want to lose his money I just went to the ian, cut the tail and finished.
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone?   Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 4:26 am

I do miss them a bit as well, but only because it made lagiacrus horn farming a bit more of a chore. I'd usually just break the horns after sonic bombing a tear (or break chest as well) and end via sub after for quick 5min horn runs. Other than that, it was just extra materials but it feels like they lowered the required mats needed for some things anyways.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos
pumpkinslayer

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone?   Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 6:41 am

I really liked subquests, shame they are gone, gave you a reason to redo quests that WASN'T grinding, also was a good way to make money apart from the kelbi horn quest (bring kelbi horns on quest to deliver kelbi horns XD)
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone?   Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:10 am

Lalo wrote:
subquests were fun, but overall they were just extra materials since the goals were simple enough as "Brake the head" or "cut the tail" and you were going to do that anyway. Even tho it gave the tears a use in tri.

The only quest I finished via sub-quest was the deliver 9 eggs in 15min quest, why?
when there was a troll in the team or just a useless player and you knew you weren't going to finish, and on top of that someone abandoned cause he didnt want to lose his money I just went to the ian, cut the tail and finished.

Lol I remember this quest only one I ever really do subquests for I always went for breaks so sub-quests never really mattered to me anyways back to what I was saying. That egg quest was the only one I really only did the sub-quests for the reward my friends and I one day went on an egg run and already got the tail sub and had some time to spare since we had already delivered 8 of the 9 eggs two of them decided to stand back as I tried to get pinned in the end I ended up killing it with some time to spare xD I think that is one of the few subs that I found difficult to complete like the ant hill ones for barroth.

Anywho tl;dr: I don't exactly miss them but they gave me some amusing stories so I would welcome them back anyday.
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone?   Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:25 am

elchele wrote:
Well i sure miss them, sometimes i could get good stuff with little effort , like frezze sacs and heavy armor spares just for using a pitfall tramp on barioth lolz and then just farecast rinse and repeat, and sometimes even landing on the secret spot on the thundra to get even more little effort extra stuff.

I tought it was only on village quest but then i saw some guild ones and they are just gone.

Why do you think they are gone? becouse of the easy way to finish quests? and maybe people where abussing it? i find it hard to be abussed /scar/ aside the one i just told you. And they where a good way to gain extra carves and stuff.

can you repeat this.....in engrish
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone?   Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:37 am

laoshanicrus wrote:
elchele wrote:

can you repeat this.....in engrish
no TrollJho
Back to top Go down
enemy61390
Felyne
enemy61390

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone?   Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 6:50 pm

I totally miss these....i guess i could say i was an abuser of sorts? idk made it wicked easy to farm for, like you said, freezer sacs armor spheres ect. I only abused the blos quest, in which the sub was to break both diablos horns. run in, pitfall/sonic, bomb. Bout 2-4 mins to break em and end, bam majestic/stout horns. IM also equally confused why they took these out, aside from the few easy ways to farm some tougher to get items, i enjoyed the extra zenni, and the fact it tought new people what parts to break for which items.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone?   Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 11:55 am

Also has someone said before, they could be a way to challenge yourself to do extra stuff.
For instance if you already had an end of game weapon wich you are good at you would kill the monster before braking anything. So you could switch weapons or just play with a low damage one, i loved doing runs with rusted weapons that where still rusted rofl!! people where like /scar/ , and i was having a blast.
Back to top Go down
MHAEL
Aptonoth
MHAEL

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone?   Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 5:34 pm

The only time I used subquest was to get dragonbone relics.

You get Explorer with food.
Bring a pitfall trap.
Join the quest and mine your DB relics.
Pitfall trap barioth
exit via subquest....

I just stole some dragonbone relics!! yeeehaaaaa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone?   Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you miss the subquests and why they are gone?
Page 1 of 1