Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!


Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 
 

 Offline jhen, the time has come

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
enemy61390
Felyne


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Offline jhen, the time has come   Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Whelp, just unlocked offline jhen. well my first question, is this a + jhen or a lr jhen (compared to tri) secondly anybody ever slimed him? I have a few slime weapons and a few non-slimers but honestly i havnt upgrade any other weapons except my slime weapons because thats all ive needed, for goldbeard ceadeus included. However when facing the old gold man i didnt have a ship integrity to worry about. any easy-to-make weapon suggestions here?
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Offline jhen, the time has come   Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:45 pm

My brother did the jhen in about 25 minutes when he did his. It is a high rank jhen, but seems to be nerfed compared to the Tri jhen. My brother was also using an ice LS. Can't remember which one, but he said it was one that was just before the G rank variety.
Back to top Go down
enemy61390
Felyne


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Offline jhen, the time has come   Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:53 pm

@E&Troy wrote:
My brother did the jhen in about 25 minutes when he did his. It is a high rank jhen, but seems to be nerfed compared to the Tri jhen. My brother was also using an ice LS. Can't remember which one, but he said it was one that was just before the G rank variety.

the rimeblossom maybe? hrrm. i think i have that. if that doesnt work i suppose ill farm some bari and try for his lance...erg
Back to top Go down
enemy61390
Felyne


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Offline jhen, the time has come   Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:51 pm

Time for a rantragevent...
so the helios x requires 5 earth dragon gems to be made...first off WTF WERE YOU THINKING CAPCOM?!?!

nextly ive been farmin (killing mind you, in 20 mins) jhen exclusivly for 2 days now, and not a single gem. WTF DO YOU DO WITH THEM JHEN?!?!

lastly i gave up on breaking the tusks, from my understanding you only get....well tusks from breaking them. same with the arms (which usually end up broken anyhow due to slime explosions and me poking) but again from my understanding you only get brace from breaking the arms. Im not 100% sure what you get from breaking the back, so i break 2 holes in him every run to be on the safe side. I even let him come to the ship, gong to knock him over, and carve the mouth (letting him get to the ship is extremely time consuming and i could probably kill him in 15 if i didnt, but id rather the extra carve %, even if it is only 1%... -_-)

So based on this, am i missing something , or as in tri, am i just extremely unlucky....also which begs the question.....how many runs will it take for 5...i repeat 5 earth dragon gems....

-_- -_-
Back to top Go down
Darklinghunter
Popo


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Europe

PostSubject: Re: Offline jhen, the time has come   Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:56 pm

@enemy61390 wrote:
Time for a rantragevent...
so the helios x requires 5 earth dragon gems to be made...first off WTF WERE YOU THINKING CAPCOM?!?!

nextly ive been farmin (killing mind you, in 20 mins) jhen exclusivly for 2 days now, and not a single gem. WTF DO YOU DO WITH THEM JHEN?!?!

lastly i gave up on breaking the tusks, from my understanding you only get....well tusks from breaking them. same with the arms (which usually end up broken anyhow due to slime explosions and me poking) but again from my understanding you only get brace from breaking the arms. Im not 100% sure what you get from breaking the back, so i break 2 holes in him every run to be on the safe side. I even let him come to the ship, gong to knock him over, and carve the mouth (letting him get to the ship is extremely time consuming and i could probably kill him in 15 if i didnt, but id rather the extra carve %, even if it is only 1%... -_-)

So based on this, am i missing something , or as in tri, am i just extremely unlucky....also which begs the question.....how many runs will it take for 5...i repeat 5 earth dragon gems....

-_- -_-

break everything you can and kill him , you have the highest Chance to get EDG when you carve 8(10) times the body . So Goodluck !

@Topic
i killed my first Jhen Moran offline with Dios Katana and Bombadier in Armor if you can't kill him try my set up since Slime is good for high resist Monster like Jhen Moran.
Back to top Go down
aninymouse
Jaggi


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Offline jhen, the time has come   Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:24 pm

Can you still get the EDG from mining the crystals on his back? Might want to give that a shot, too.
Back to top Go down
Darklinghunter
Popo


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Europe

PostSubject: Re: Offline jhen, the time has come   Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:33 am

@aninymouse wrote:
Can you still get the EDG from mining the crystals on his back? Might want to give that a shot, too.


Not sure , but i think you can only get Bathycite Ore and Mohran Carapace.
Back to top Go down
enemy61390
Felyne


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Offline jhen, the time has come   Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:11 am

@Darklinghunter wrote:
@enemy61390 wrote:
Time for a rantragevent...
so the helios x requires 5 earth dragon gems to be made...first off WTF WERE YOU THINKING CAPCOM?!?!

nextly ive been farmin (killing mind you, in 20 mins) jhen exclusivly for 2 days now, and not a single gem. WTF DO YOU DO WITH THEM JHEN?!?!

lastly i gave up on breaking the tusks, from my understanding you only get....well tusks from breaking them. same with the arms (which usually end up broken anyhow due to slime explosions and me poking) but again from my understanding you only get brace from breaking the arms. Im not 100% sure what you get from breaking the back, so i break 2 holes in him every run to be on the safe side. I even let him come to the ship, gong to knock him over, and carve the mouth (letting him get to the ship is extremely time consuming and i could probably kill him in 15 if i didnt, but id rather the extra carve %, even if it is only 1%... -_-)

So based on this, am i missing something , or as in tri, am i just extremely unlucky....also which begs the question.....how many runs will it take for 5...i repeat 5 earth dragon gems....

-_- -_-

break everything you can and kill him , you have the highest Chance to get EDG when you carve 8(10) times the body . So Goodluck !

@Topic
i killed my first Jhen Moran offline with Dios Katana and Bombadier in Armor if you can't kill him try my set up since Slime is good for high resist Monster like Jhen Moran.


After my first 2 runs, i had no problems killing him, thanks for the advice though. And it seemed impossible for me to get these, a couple huntin buddies of mine came over last night, we ran jhen online for maybe 3 runs, and i was gettin like 2 EDG per run. They however, were not as lucky.

@Darklinghunter
You could mine those?! I logged probably a solid 50-80 hours of jhen farm time on tri, and never got one from mining, but id assume itd be like the carve%, 2% or something like it. Unless you were refferring to an older MH? (Not sure when jhen first popped in)
Back to top Go down
Chagrilled
Moderator


Thank you Points : 34

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Offline jhen, the time has come   Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:36 pm

@enemy61390 wrote:
Im not 100% sure what you get from breaking the back, so i break 2 holes in him every run to be on the safe side. I even let him come to the ship, gong to knock him over, and carve the mouth


the back holes are the weakest point on it, as is the inside of it's mouth. so break the back, and don't bother carving the mouth. do you even get gems from carving the mouth when it's alive?
Back to top Go down
enemy61390
Felyne


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Offline jhen, the time has come   Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:03 pm

@Chagrilled wrote:
@enemy61390 wrote:
Im not 100% sure what you get from breaking the back, so i break 2 holes in him every run to be on the safe side. I even let him come to the ship, gong to knock him over, and carve the mouth


the back holes are the weakest point on it, as is the inside of it's mouth. so break the back, and don't bother carving the mouth. do you even get gems from carving the mouth when it's alive?

Tis what people claim, so i carved it. got my 5 gems from body carves/reqards though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Offline jhen, the time has come   Today at 11:37 am

Back to top Go down
 
Offline jhen, the time has come
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Offline jhen, the time has come
» Online and offline?
» At what time do you wake up on the weekends?
» Ironside theme time
» Time Paradox - part 0.0037 (comic attemp #1)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii U :: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate-
Jump to: