Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port. Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port. Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port.

Go down 
+3
Atalanta
DanielisAwesome52
E&Troy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port. Empty
PostSubject: Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port.   Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 11:45 pm

I've played in both, the single player port, as well as the multiplayer. I was just wondering, what are all of the differences? The only ones I can think of is being able to hire hunters from your guild cards list. And the other one is, you can bring both Cha-Cha and Kayamba when you are in the single player port. (I think you can only bring one of them in the multiplayer port, right?) Surely there is something else?

Last edited by E&Troy on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port.   Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 11:52 pm

You can take one of your Shakalakas into the MultiPorts, not sure about Network Mode though, and the Shakalaka only joins you on quests if theres only two human players as far as I know
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port.   Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 12:28 am

Yep, in Network Mode, one Shakalaka per hunter can come along. At least with a party of two hunters.

I have yet to see a party of three hunters with one Shakalaka. I haven't tested it, but it might happen if only one hunter has their Shakalaka in Come-Along, and the the other two don't have any Shakalaka in Come-Along. Maybe.

Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port.   Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 12:31 am

Atalanta wrote:
Yep, in Network Mode, one Shakalaka per hunter can come along. At least with a party of two hunters.

I have yet to see a party of three hunters with one Shakalaka. I haven't tested it, but it might happen if only one hunter has their Shakalaka in Come-Along, and the the other two don't have any Shakalaka in Come-Along. Maybe.

Yeah, that works.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port.   Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 10:39 am

In multiplayer port, you can also instruct that girl next to the big gong to ring it. Once you do, you become the host for a multiplayer room and other people sitting near you can look you up and go into your room to play.

Offline Multiplayer gives you hunters to higher. The higher your level, the bigger quests they can do. The lower the hunter's level, the lower the chance they will be highly successfull.

Everything else is exactly the same between the 2 ports.
Back to top Go down
Tirith
Bnahabra
Tirith

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port.   Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 5:24 pm

so the host of the room CAN be changed? instead of forcing everyone to leave when the host is done... i didn't know that :cheers:
Back to top Go down
MHAEL
Aptonoth
MHAEL

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port.   Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 7:40 pm

Are the monsters more difficult online than offline?

I thought I saw that Alatreon was offline.... and I had a hard time with him in Tri - unless I had a good group.

He offline online in this version? He easy offline?
Back to top Go down
Esham
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port.   Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 3:19 pm

MHAEL wrote:
Are the monsters more difficult online than offline?

I thought I saw that Alatreon was offline.... and I had a hard time with him in Tri - unless I had a good group.

He offline online in this version? He easy offline?

Moga village is always easier than Tavern. I believe Ala is currently only a village quest and an event will probably add the G rank variant later.

But going from Moga village to ANY port (solo or multi) will result in the fights being harder. Doable, but harder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port.   Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Single Player Port vs. Multiplayer Port.
Page 1 of 1