Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

MHTri Server Shut Down. Third Party Server?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chantheman31
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: MHTri Server Shut Down. Third Party Server?   Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:41 am

As the date approaches for the end of MHtri online I get more and more sad. I signed the petition on change.org but I know that won't help.
I know Capcom has to keep making money but why keep a couple open? Why not remove 90% of the servers??? 1000+ people still play everyday and its not like you can play the DevilJho or Alatreon offline.
My question is why cant a third party support a couple of servers? Im sure theres enough people left who would help a kickstarter to support the game for another year, like a dollar per player.
-I know it's all just wishful thinking but when I see a game like Team Fortress 2 where 95% of the servers are 3rd party and not run by valve I wonder why capcom won't even give us a chance.
Not everyone can drop 400$ randomly in april. Most of us have to wait till our birthday or Christmas to justify a purchase that big.
Bottem Line: A third party community server should happen, at least till the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 281

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: MHTri Server Shut Down. Third Party Server?   Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:20 am

play MH3U, why be sad when you can play the same game multiplied by 3

if you can't drop 400 dollars you can wait until you can drop 400 dollars, just because you are impatient doesn't mean capcom should spend a large sum of money keeping servers up for an obsolete game.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
elchele
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: MHTri Server Shut Down. Third Party Server?   Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:41 pm

Well i was sad too but there is nothing to do about it. Just like mh for ps2 (wich i never could play online but i got the game becouse i just love mh).

Now this is wath i did:
1. The moment i knew a new monster hunter was coming i started saving, that was last year before xmas. At that moment i didn't had a 3ds or wii u or wasn't planning on getting it yet and also i was newly married so had to check with the wife too lol.
2. If i wanted to get most of the game i had to drop 200 for the 3ds, 40 for the 3ds version, 350 for the wii u delux and 60 for the mh3u. So that's 650 nice hu?.
3. I planned it out so it wouldn't hurt that much and i just got to the idea that i would not be playing the game at full capacity at first.
4. I asked only for money for xmas present not stuff just money and so i got enugh with saving and xmas to get the 3ds and even some games to get me started.
5. I had to wait until march to get the 3ds version wich i got from the eshop becouse i was eager to play it.
6. for my coming birthday, may thank god, i'll get the wii u and mh game.

So there you go i planned it all since last year, i had to be really carefull with my budget too becouse i'm the one paying for the games, food, insurance, gas, etc etc. I don't drink or smoke or buy sport stuff for a team, so my wife can deal with the fact that my hobby is play video games since she (and all married women) compare us with others.

So yea hope it helps you, besides this game is not going away soon, tri lasted since 2010 so you have enugh time to get the stuff, play something else while you wait and when you get enugh money or maybe a good sale you get all and still get some spare money to get even more stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MHTri Server Shut Down. Third Party Server?   Today at 5:40 am

Back to top Go down

MHTri Server Shut Down. Third Party Server?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1