Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
how do i shot bowgun??? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
how do i shot bowgun??? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

how do i shot bowgun???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Snagglux
Seltas

Thank you Points : 38

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

how do i shot bowgun??? Empty
PostSubject: how do i shot bowgun???   how do i shot bowgun??? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 1:13 pm

I said to myself before Tri Ultimate came out that I would try to use Bowguns more often. I'm at G-rank now and I've only used the things 13 times, and most of those were just in gathering quests. Part of the reason is I'm not really sure what I should be investing in to get the most out of my bowguns. So, I'm looking for answers to a few things:

1) Other than shot up and evade skills, what skills should I look out for when making a set? Are some skills more useful to heavy bowguns rather than light or vice-versa?
2) Are there any G-rank armours that work as a decent general bowgun set, for either HBG or LBG?
3) What upgrades (Silencer, Shield, Long Barrel, Power Barrel) should I use and why? Should I remove the limiter on any bowguns?

I've got plenty of bowguns forged (I just haven't been using them), but I guess some reccomendations for what bowguns to focus on upgrading wouldn't hurt either.
Back to top Go down
Sir Tristen
Aptonoth
Sir Tristen

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: how do i shot bowgun???   how do i shot bowgun??? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 4:51 pm

Snagglux wrote:
I said to myself before Tri Ultimate came out that I would try to use Bowguns more often. I'm at G-rank now and I've only used the things 13 times, and most of those were just in gathering quests. Part of the reason is I'm not really sure what I should be investing in to get the most out of my bowguns. So, I'm looking for answers to a few things:

1) Other than shot up and evade skills, what skills should I look out for when making a set? Are some skills more useful to heavy bowguns rather than light or vice-versa?
2) Are there any G-rank armours that work as a decent general bowgun set, for either HBG or LBG?
3) What upgrades (Silencer, Shield, Long Barrel, Power Barrel) should I use and why? Should I remove the limiter on any bowguns?

I've got plenty of bowguns forged (I just haven't been using them), but I guess some reccomendations for what bowguns to focus on upgrading wouldn't hurt either.

I decided to learn bowguns this game as well, as in Tri I hardly touched them. I have exclusively used the bowgun up through Brachydios in the village. I am waiting to go online until a friend gets the game in a couple weeks, so I will need to change a couple things at that point.

1) AUX skills are always useful. I am in high rank volvidon armor gemmed for AUL. I also have evade +1 and Tremor resist, which I find very useful (so nice against Brach not to be shaking when he super pounds). On that note, any skill that allows for free hits (earplugs, wind resist, etc.) can be useful in the right fights. Recoil reduction is awesome for so many shots and can significantly increase your damage output by allowing you to attack faster. I didn't realize how nice it was on my Ingot armor, until I lost it in my volvidon armor. Bonus shot is potentially good, but you have to be careful, because you can be locked in your rapidc fire animation too long if you are not careful, and fire at a monster who has moved out of range or is charging down your face. You cannot dodge while in that animation. I was disappointed in the (shot)+ skills, as they do not add a shot to an existing clip, they just allow you to use shots that your gun normally can't. Maybe the high level does though . . .

Other useful skills would be a specific elemental attack up according to the monster you are fighting and the bowgun you are using, evade distance (especially with heavy bowgun, cuz you move so slow, and I am constantly rolling to close gaps) any abilities that increase stamina when rolling (or blocking if that is how you HBG) or stamina recovery. Bombardier, if you are sleep bombing, or the skill which increases your explosive shot damage (drawing a blank on the name). Unscathed (Peak Performance) could be amazing if you are good at staying at full health. It really depends on how you want to gun. You have to be a lot more selective in your setups as a gunner, and spend a lot more money.

2) Thre are a lot of good sets.

Two that I think are really powerful are the Zinoger Z (my personal goal) and Rath Soul Z.

If you want to be a team player, both Peco sets are pretty good, and you will look awesome IMHO.

Other notable sets are:
Artian X: Recoil down, bonus shot, a point in load up and a point in tenderizer, all with a helm and leg armor slot to spare. Both Agnaktor sets (Z for LBG with Bonus shot). Ingot X is good for solo. Pellet shot is bad for the team. Excadora X for evade extender, peak performance, high bowgun defense, and elemental attack up. Gobul X has a surprising skill set, not the most powerful skills, but a lot of useful ones together (some skills will need additional points). Both uragann sets are awesome for different reasons. Silver sol is awesome. Selene/Helios Z, Damascus, Both Diablose (I like X), Silhouette looks pretty good, NIbelsnarf isn't bad, Vangis looks pretty good. Rath X for LBG. Do you have the brady games guide to refer to these?

3) If I am comfortable with the monster and its patterns, I go with Long/Power barrel for more damage. If not, I go with a shield on a HBG. I haven't tried the silencer, but I just don't see it being as good as the long barrel. Don't put on a zoom scope. It is more of a pain to control IMO.

As for which bowguns to forge, it really depends on what you want to do. Are you solo or in a team. Do you want to focus on Status, Element, Pierce, or large explosions?

I will say that you should get the Kettleblower path, just cuz it looks awesome toting a kitty with a blowgun (and it is a pretty good status gun).

I'm considering compiling a bowgun guide, but I feel like too much of a noob right now, so take this all with a grain of salt and maybe a well done steak (SOOOO TASTY!)
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: how do i shot bowgun???   how do i shot bowgun??? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 6:51 pm

1) You might want to take a look at skills like Challenger +2 for the star damage boost when monster is raging.
Peak performance could work out well too for a gunner since you can keep HP full easier (no annoying foot damage etc). Some people say it equals AUL other say 10ish %.. Worth to try out I guess
Then there is stuff like Speed sheathe .. Which does work with bowguns (better with HBG) but seems rather gimmickish for ranged weapons as the only reason to put away the gun is just for healing and chasing.
2) Diablos Z is a pretty nice around LBG set, Vangis X nice gunner set in general, Zinogre Z cool too
3) Well you could maximiZe your damage with power barrel, feel safer with shield, use the long barrel for underwater hunts.
Removing the limiter will give you even more of a damage boost and said to improve Shield capabilities. When you have a bowgun which can load around 10 to 12 shots per it is kinda worth sacrificing the ability to shoot 30 rooted shots unless you're familiar with stagger mechanics and feel like locking monsters
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do i shot bowgun???   how do i shot bowgun??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how do i shot bowgun???
Page 1 of 1