Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
how do you play? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
how do you play? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

how do you play?

Go down 
+2
dcj91x
Jodecho
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jodecho
Aptonoth
Jodecho

Thank you Points : 0

how do you play? Empty
PostSubject: how do you play?   how do you play? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 5:11 pm

so i was playing the other day, and i primarily use the LS and Hammer, and i decided to start trying to learn the lance. now at this point even though i primarily use the LS and Hammer, i have used every weapon except the bowguns, and upgraded many of them and i got to thinking that i didnt wanna use any more resources upgrading lances if im not going to end up liking them.

so i start a new character. i decided this character will use lances primarily and possibly dual swords for when i slowness of the lance starts to urk me, but its not set in stone yet.

i also go to thinking that after my wife gives the game a try ill probably delete her character and make a bow / bowgun only character. (this is mostly because i think that 9/10 of the the bow armors look way better than thier blademaster counterparts)

so this spurs the question, How do you play? do you have multiple characters that only use certain weapons? do you have one all powerfull character with every tool at his disposal? are there weapons that you simply refuse to try?

as the closest person to me that i know that plays MH is 10 hours away, and we both only play on DS, i decided i wanted to get more active in the forums or i will end up getting tired of only playing the game solo and give it up.

sorry for the rediculously long post for such a simple question, but my post always end up like this :/
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

how do you play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you play?   how do you play? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 5:18 pm

You think this post is long... Ha. No my friend, anyways: https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t9663-cool-themed-characters

Everyone has a different style, some stick with one character all the way through and then wait until they have all monsters unlocked and start making other stuff from there.

Others make different weapons and armors depending on each monster they face.... Me, I made a one character then ditched it and made an awesome themed character to play all the way through with. I have played all the western MH games and some inports but through them all the one thing I did was had fun.. so thats the best way to play as long as it does not hinder anyone else.
Back to top Go down
enemy61390
Felyne
enemy61390

how do you play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you play?   how do you play? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:02 pm

For the most part I stick with one character. Come end-game when all is said and done, i chase my end-game armors and weapons. After i finish with that, i start doing ridiculous stuff (for example in FU i made shinobi armor and the ninja sword and ran around ninja-in stuff with smoke bombs/farcasters. of course i had 3 friends that also played so it made everything more fun). And now like dcj said, I may make a themed character when i get played out on a single character.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

how do you play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you play?   how do you play? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 3:32 pm

I have found it better to start a new character when I want to honestly learn a weapon.

Starting from scratch forces me to properly learn the weapon and the monster's move-set relative to the weapon at hand. When playing MHFU, I got pretty far, and then equipped a different weapon on that same character and used high rank armor with it. Going after low rank monsters was just too easy, and I didn't even have to dodge, and going after same level monsters was just too tough, and the strategies that worked before were not working. Yet, when I started from scratch, I had a nice progression going where I could learn what to do at a steady pace.

From that moment forward, I always make a new character for every new weapon I want to learn. Once I feel I have it mastered, then I go back to my main, and deck him out with a few of the highest ranked weapons and armors of that particular playstyle.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

how do you play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you play?   how do you play? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 5:06 pm

I usually use GS/ LS/ and Hammer till I hit high rank/g-rank then i start farming for the best weapons and gear. By then i'm striving to make all weapon types with all elements, and armors to support them. I feel like it's a waste of time to make a new character when I already have the mats to make the basics. When I was learning new weapons, I just watched a few videos to learn the moves. then applied what i learned. I used to strictly use the greatsword since MH on the PS2, now I use every single weapon in the game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Hawkfriend
Jaggi
Hawkfriend

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

how do you play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you play?   how do you play? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 9:16 am

My method (one I think many people here do something similar to):
-- play through the game till near end game on one character. pick one of my classic names. don't get a specific charm table. make a bunch of weapons. go with what feels fun. go with what you get. leave this character hanging close to end game.
-- make a "themed" character, maybe two. sort of "Role Play" with this character.
-- if a slot is open, make a challenge character. set some rules, make it interesting. for example "cap only", "must make several copies of something before you can use it", "must hunt all optional or free hunt monsters on quests", things like that.
-- return to end game charrie when you want to do some of that. or go to the others when you want something interesting.
Back to top Go down
Jodecho
Aptonoth
Jodecho

how do you play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you play?   how do you play? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:21 am

i had never thought about RPing a character on here, with as hard as everything is i never immagined it being very effictive.

oh and wtf is with your sig hawkfriend lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

how do you play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you play?   how do you play? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how do you play?
Page 1 of 1