Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk

Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 

Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tapir
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:40 pm

What are the pros and cons of each?
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 281

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:01 pm

i havent even heard of the former, so i would say the latter.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
Yuki
Rajang

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:05 pm

Monster hunter Dos is pretty much monster hunter freedom 2 with a few changes
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis

Thank you Points : 155

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:30 pm

i never even heard of dos either o.0
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:36 pm

without the online, I don't think tri is worth it since it's incomplete
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:34 am

^ without the online the most valuable thing on Tri is the cutscenes menu.... and that's why youtube exist.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
elchele
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:05 pm

@Otoshimo wrote:
^ without the online the most valuable thing on Tri is the cutscenes menu.... and that's why youtube exist.
Wath about Jho, Ala and Jhen? you can't get to fight them only on the online.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:09 pm

@elchele wrote:
@Otoshimo wrote:
Wath about Jho, Ala and Jhen? you can't get to fight them only on the online.

uh... no duh.. that's the point ._.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:03 pm

isn't monster hunter dos basically monster hunter 2? The one that never got localised?
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:06 pm

It's that very game.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:33 pm

Can i import and play it on my ps2? would it work? i'm trying to learn nihongo (japanesse) so maybe this game could motivate me.
Let me know so i can look it up on ebay.
Back to top Go down
Vortiene
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 281

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:34 pm

well first you will have to learn ひらがな |カタカナ before learning 日本語. You can't play the game unless you understand those...
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vortiene
elchele
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:42 pm

@Vortiene wrote:
well first you will have to learn ひらがな |カタカナ before learning 日本語. You can't play the game unless you understand those...

I know man when i started i was like lets do this and then i find out i have to learn hiragana katakana and then just then learn kanji to finally learn it all.
I already catch some stuff here and there can watch some anime raw and get almost around 20% to 50% if it's a fight well they just don't need to talk much.
But yea when i was learning english videogames where the ones that gave me the push i wanted.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:45 pm

The game is region locked unfortunately. Only the portable/freedom series is region free
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:13 pm

@Yuki wrote:
The game is region locked unfortunately. Only the portable/freedom series is region free
Thanks Yuki yea i google it and apparently you could play it but not in a legal way o well, let's see if i can find a jpn ps2 and the game in a bundle of 30 bucks with shipping hahhaahhaha.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:26 pm

@elchele wrote:
@Yuki wrote:
Thanks Yuki yea i google it and apparently you could play it but not in a legal way o well, let's see if i can find a jpn ps2 and the game in a bundle of 30 bucks with shipping hahhaahhaha.
http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-SCPH-70000-Charcoal-Console-Japanese-2/dp/B0006B0ZZI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1366388682&sr=8-3&keywords=japanese+ps2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-PS2-SCPH-70000-Charcoal-Black-SLIM-Second-Hand-/171019818313?pt=Video_Games&hash=item27d1935549

It isn't worth it, plus the cost of the console, importing mh 2 would cost loads, just get an emulator, there is probably a fan translation somewhere ;)
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:36 pm

Please don't post links like that people admins are going to assume you are trying to sell consoles.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:42 pm

@Yuki wrote:
Please don't post links like that people admins are going to assume you are trying to sell consoles.

sorry /sad/
Back to top Go down
tapir
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:09 pm

There is a patch out, so you have to play a burned copy with a patch applied on an emualtor. The patch is only for items menus.
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:32 pm

dos Has much more features than tri. Mainly because tri is a 3rd gen game (everything is new).

Dos would last anyone much longer than tri.

I just wish some other MH's had cool features dos did.

Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:06 am

@MGRaiden97 wrote:
dos Has much more features than tri. Mainly because tri is a 3rd gen game (everything is new).

that was just a horrible comparison....
Dos doesn't even compare to tri it compares more to 3U. Dos and 3U incorportae elements from 2 games prior, they were just sequels where as Tri was a whole new generation and introduced a whole new slew of aspects and approaches to the franchise.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:36 am

Dos was the start of second generation so it is a fair comparison if you think about it that way.

Now the best comparison I feel is the original to tri. Try pretty much being an entirely new game only keeping three monsters from prior games and completely revamping the games mechanics Monster Hunter on the other hand was the base of the series every game until tri pretty much played the same with dos being sort of the follow up and introducing new weapon classes.

Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:10 am

No one here's even played Monster Hunter Dos. Everything in that's in Freedom Unite, so why even bother?
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Wed May 01, 2013 2:09 am

@Otoshimo wrote:
@MGRaiden97 wrote:

that was just a horrible comparison....
Dos doesn't even compare to tri it compares more to 3U. Dos and 3U incorportae elements from 2 games prior, they were just sequels where as Tri was a whole new generation and introduced a whole new slew of aspects and approaches to the franchise.

It doesn't compare? Nobody is talking about 3U. MH2 was a second gen that included mh1 parts into it. 3u was essentially an expansion. Tri to 3u is what freedom 2 is to unite.

Talk about terrible comparison...

@Oni Zelkami wrote:
No one here's even played Monster Hunter Dos. Everything in that's in Freedom Unite, so why even bother?

Actually i have. Its different in many ways, they have same monsters and areas thats about it. You're in jumbo village, and you can go to kokoto, theres also seasons, and dont forget online.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?   Today at 4:02 am

Back to top Go down

Which game is better, Monster Hunter Dos or Monster Hunter Tri?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1