Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
G-rank questions Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
G-rank questions Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

G-rank questions

Go down 
+5
bill_the_noob
Paralykeet
sakura808
Lalo
Archie
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Archie
Melynx
Archie

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

G-rank questions Empty
PostSubject: G-rank questions   G-rank questions Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:01 pm

On the 3DS is soloing G-rank a viable pursuit? I managed to climb up to G-rank with a party of four in a matter of 1 or 2 days but we had to stop there and I wont really be able to play with them much for awhile but the three of them will be living it up in G-rank I will be stuck behind unless I can do it alone, so far I have definitely noticed the increase in difficulty but have defeated some lesser monsters (pink rathian, Royal Ludroth, Rathian) I dont quite know what to do next. Any tips? Should I farm for G-Rank armor? Weapons? Upgrade existing armors?

Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

G-rank questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: G-rank questions   G-rank questions Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:18 pm

Take it mind that the game is made for 3DS and not for online. It is posible (an actually not that hard)
Back to top Go down
Archie
Melynx
Archie

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

G-rank questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: G-rank questions   G-rank questions Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:25 pm

I have just been unsure of what to do. I suppose I will just dive in if that's the case!
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

G-rank questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: G-rank questions   G-rank questions Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:29 pm

I suggest you make an armor first, I dont know how well High rank armors work against G rank cause I never made one, but I can't tell that low rank armor won't do much against great jaggis attacks
Back to top Go down
sakura808
Popo
sakura808

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Hawaii

G-rank questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: G-rank questions   G-rank questions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 6:39 am

If you can follow the old Monster Hunter adage, "DON'T BE GREEDY" (with your attacks), you'll be fine. For every weapon, including guarding weapons, monster hunter has always been a game about learning the monsters' attacks and how to properly dodge/block them, while scoring hits without getting hurt in the process.

As in previous titles, this is the lesson that separates high rankers and G rankers, team players and solo players alike.
Back to top Go down
Paralykeet
Melynx
Paralykeet

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

G-rank questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: G-rank questions   G-rank questions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 8:26 am

Most G-Rank hunts feature monsters with similarity to their HR counterparts in terms of HP, but they do hit harder and have a few tricksy moves that didn't appear at lower ranks. In my experience, G isn't as big of an uphike as Lo to Hi, and is very viable to solo- if you're willing to put in the time required for the quests and have become reasonably sufficient at using the guard or dodge functions as opposed to meat-shielding through monster attacks.
Back to top Go down
bill_the_noob
Bnahabra
bill_the_noob

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): France

G-rank questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: G-rank questions   G-rank questions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 8:47 am

it is very viable to solo G-rank;
farm harvest tours a bit to get hard armor spheres and G-rank mat, do yourself a decent G-rank "starter" armor (volvidon X, g.jaggi), try to upgrade your weapons
don't be intimidated by the dual monsters quests, they are easy, monsters have very reduced HP and die quickly.
Of course they hit like trucks so don't be greedy with yours hits and you'll be fine
Back to top Go down
Paralykeet
Melynx
Paralykeet

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

G-rank questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: G-rank questions   G-rank questions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 9:33 am

bill_the_noob wrote:
it is very viable to solo G-rank;
farm harvest tours a bit to get hard armor spheres and G-rank mat, do yourself a decent G-rank "starter" armor (volvidon X, g.jaggi), try to upgrade your weapons
don't be intimidated by the dual monsters quests, they are easy, monsters have very reduced HP and die quickly.
Of course they hit like trucks so don't be greedy with yours hits and you'll be fine

Mining Heavy Armor Spheres from the tundra or getting them as quest rewards will get your HR armor to a reasonable amount of DEF if you still want to use them or mix HR parts with G parts. When you get to G2 you can finish upgrading HR armors to have the same relative armor rating as G armors, but once again it starts being an issue of what skills you want, and G armors have more spare skillpoints to toss around, so you can mix and match as you please.
Back to top Go down
Akai the White Lightning
Gore Magala
Akai the White Lightning

Thank you Points : 56

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

G-rank questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: G-rank questions   G-rank questions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 10:16 am

G-Rank does hit pretty hard in the raw damage things do to you, but if you're used to attacks, this isn't that much of an issue. It's not hugely important to get G-Rank armour until later on, as long as your defence is adequate you'll be fine. I basically jumped from HR Lagiacrus U to GR Lagiacrus Z.
Back to top Go down
Amnesty
Bnahabra
Amnesty

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:

G-rank questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: G-rank questions   G-rank questions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:42 am

Yeah, don't forget this game was designed for 3ds in the first place and they knew alot of people will play solo,

So they scaled that into the difficulty, so it's intended for you to do,
Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Chojun
Kelbi

G-rank questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: G-rank questions   G-rank questions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 2:55 pm

Amnesty wrote:
Yeah, don't forget this game was designed for 3ds in the first place and they knew alot of people will play solo,

So they scaled that into the difficulty, so it's intended for you to do,
Yes by vort

I second that in what I've observed from the high-rank quests so far. HR monsters are very do-able solo (with low-rank armor) and so I expect that G-rank will be similar (with high-rank armor).
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

G-rank questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: G-rank questions   G-rank questions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 8:34 pm

I'd suggest to make full Helios Z and using Vangis waist to get HGE and Sharpness +1 right off the bay. Easily the best and easily obtainable early G rank gear you can get.
Back to top Go down
Amnesty
Bnahabra
Amnesty

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:

G-rank questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: G-rank questions   G-rank questions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 9:42 pm

Sai_ wrote:
I'd suggest to make full Helios Z and using Vangis waist to get HGE and Sharpness +1 right off the bay. Easily the best and easily obtainable early G rank gear you can get.
Or helios X coil does the same effect Yes by vort

Deffo the solid way to go,

G.Ceadus is cake :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

G-rank questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: G-rank questions   G-rank questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

G-rank questions
Page 1 of 1